ForumsForum GamesNamed RPG

142 15447
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Be Warned: This is mildly lengthy. Are you manly enough to read it all?

======================================================

I've decided to go ahead and be very original in the naming of my RPG by taking two letters off the "Unnamed RPGs" thread's name But alas that's beside the point. Let's get down to business, which is that I've obviously decided to go ahead and make a RPG. Now I'd bet you'd like to know what this RPG will be all about, right? Ah well since you insist I'll go ahead and explain this RPG to you my fellow AG gamers.

This RPG shall be about controlling a mythological creature (like a Sphinx) and creating this aforementioned creature and guiding it through a storyline and scenarios that I give you. The choice is yours as to what creature you would like to be. You know what? As a matter of fact it doesn't even have to be a mythological creature, you may be anything you please to be at all. You can be a human, a wolf, a dragon, a sea monster or even a horsefly (I don't recommend that last option because it sounds quite boring). I don't mind you guys choosing your own creatures as long as you aren't unrealistic or silly about it, for example don't say this: I'm a 10'000 foot tall T-Rex that shoots lasers out of my eyes and fire out of my bum as well as the fact that I have impenetrable skin, blah blah blah etc... Otherwise I'll just ignore what you said and move on to the next logical post

Here are a few other things you may also want to know, you can choose between these scenarios for your character to play in:

Realistic RPG (you need food to survive, and sleep to survive, it's also easier to die seeing as how your decisions will get you killed if you're silly or choose a poor option) or you can choose the game to be a little more unrealistic (you don't need to worry about food, water, and all that other bothersome junk to live (that doesn't mean you can go a decade without food), and it's harder to die, meaning the decisions you make are less likely to kill you etc...). So basically choose between easy mode or hard mode.

You may also choose between these type of worlds for your character to live in:

- War ravaged
- Medieval
- Mythological
- Prehistoric
- Fantasy

Or you may suggest one yourself, and if I approve you may live in it.

Now I suppose I should tell you guys you need a character sheet, so here are a few examples:

Difficulty: Realistic (Hard)
Scenario: A modern day society
Character type: Wolf
Character Description: Average height for wolf, magnificent blood red fur, keen eyes, muscular etc...
Name: Grrrht (English translation from wolf speech: Keen One)
Bio: Optional
Mythological Creatures: No
Perk: Fast
Body: Prime of my life

Here is another example:

Difficulty: Unrealistic (easy)
Scenario: Fantasy, Medieval type of country side (untamed country)
Character Type: Sea monster!
Name: Sentios Manios Lentia
Character Description: A 300 foot tall sea serpent with massive spikes jutting out of my neck, I am 20 feet wide and my tail is spiked like a club.
Bio: My name is Sentios Manios Lentia, I am used to living in the depths of the sea, fighting for my life with fierce creatures of the depth. I fear nothing and live to fight!
Mythological Creatures: Obviously since I am one!
Perk: Ability to blast sheets of ice out of my mouth (like a dragon does with fire!)
Body: Mediocre

Last Example:

Mode: Realistic
Scenario: Modern day Zombie Apocalypse
Character: Man
Name: Tony
Past Occupation: Firefighter
Height: 6 foot tall
Weight: 205 pounds
Misc Details: (hair colour, eye colour etc...)
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man as your character AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Agile
Body: Fit

Important Notes For (you really should read this):

Descriptions: Include as much as you like into the description, but make it enough for me to be able to adequately tell how you look.
Bio: Helps me determine your storyline.
Scenario: This just determines the type of environment and creatures you'll be around. If you choose prehistoric, expect prehistoric animals to be in the gameplay (duh).
Mythological creatures: All I need is a yes or no. If you choose yes be warned that any and every manner of creature may be in your storyline (unless you request for specific types of creatures like Dragons not to be not to be).
Character: What animal are you going to be, a human, dinosaur, sea monster, goblin, ogre, orc, dragon etc...
Body: How healthy and athletic are you
Perk: Be reasonable, if you choose invincible I'll rechoose it for you.

Ah yes I almost forgot this, lastly, but not least is the example of the scenarios you will receive (I request that you post your character sheet in every comment by the way):

Example:

Past Occupation: Fireman
Height: 6 foot tall
Weight: 205 pounds
Misc Details: (hair colour, eye colour, and name, which is a must etc...)
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Agile
Body: Fit

"Tony! Hurry up, this building is coming down on top of us, we have maybe ten minutes!" Bellowed one of Tony's co-workers inside of the inferno of what was once called "Hyatt's Hotel" in downtown Detroit. "Yea, I know, just give me a moment," hollered Tony back to his co-worker kicking down the door in his path trying to get to the person on the other side of the door. For there had to be person on the other side, Tony could hear the murmuring of a man! As Tony rushed in he dived out of the way of falling masonry that was ablaze from the ceiling above him and was shocked to see a man lounge towards him. The man was missing half the fingers of his left hand, from a... bite?

Options:

1. Go towards the man and try to help him out of the building.
2. Say "insert phrase here"
3. Ask the man "are you alright!?"
4. Your choice

When choosing an option please copy paste that as well as your character sheet into your post. Thanks in advance

NOTE: You may gain perks after a while or evolve your characters. If you're a human you may grow taller, or run faster, or be stronger etc... After a while I'll evolve (upgrade) your character automatically or give it a perk after a few pages or a reasonable time-lapse.

NOTE: There are clans that you will encounter in this RPG, meaning that some creatures hunt and fight in packs (some don't though)

P.S. I may add rules and updates for this RPG, when I do so it'll be labeled as follows (and every post will be in every post I make):

Attention, Update!

Three people only right now, each player MUST choose a different character (different species) in their character sheet. It is first come first serve. If you would like to join a wait list please message my profile. If a player dies the next person in the wait list shall join the game, or if a player goes inactive for about 48 hours (two days) without warning the next player in a wait list shall be able to take over or make a new character.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I apologize for any poor grammar are inarticulate sentences and phrasing.

• 142 Replies
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Scenario: War-torn sci-fi home-planet (five superpowers)
Character: Male Feline huminoid (explained below)
Name: Shadowflare
Bio: Shadowflare's family has a long-line of military troops in all branches. However, a sniper round to his father's jaw, and his mother's fighter exploding due to a QAAM missile, marked him an orphan. Six long years followed before he could join the service
Height: 6'2
Weight: 150 pounds
Misc Details: Black pelt, blue eyes, blue military uniform
Mythological Creatures: No, this is more of a sci-fi.
Perk: Agile, stealthy
Body: slim
Items: Regular clothing, steak knife

Run like the Dickens, make a stab at his arm, then go down with him. I'll put a paw over his mouth, then stab him in the eye. If he manages to pull out the pistol, I make a quick leap then come at him from the new direction. If I can throw something at him to disoriantate him, by all means, throw that b****.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Bio: Shadowflare's family has a long-line of military troops in all branches. However, a sniper round to his father's jaw, and his mother's fighter exploding due to a QAAM missile, marked him an orphan. Six long years followed before he could join the service

Run like the Dickens, make a stab at his arm, then go down with him. I'll put a paw over his mouth, then stab him in the eye. If he manages to pull out the pistol, I make a quick leap then come at him from the new direction. If I can throw something at him to disoriantate him, by all means, throw that b****.

As the guards surprise is abating you're lounging towards him, he manages to pull out a pistol at the last second, but he didn't have enough time to lift it and shoot you, or get a shot at all with it, if he did it would've surely signaled your demise, after all the other patrols and guards would've surely heard the shot and have come to investigate. You stab him in the arm as hard as you can, and while he is trying to scream in agony you cover his mouth and put your blade in-between his eye sockets.

The man is now dead. What do you do?
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Name: Jeremie
Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my main objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. This was my life for the last 5 years, this is why I signed up for this job, to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.
Past Occupation: FBI Agent
Height: 6 foot 1 inch tall
Weight: 209 pounds
Misc Details: Jet black hair-medium length, blueish-green eyes, medium sized ears and nose, lightly tanned skin,
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man as your character AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Expert pistol wielder
Body: Fit and a bit muscular
Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing.

I decide to get the fk out of there after noticing how tough these *******s are, I run and hop the fence like a pro and I book it to the harbour running as fast as possible still conscious of my surroundings and willing to shoot any one in the head that gets withing 2 metres of me or just hit it's head with the butt of my gun to slow them down. ( I prefer to conserve my ammo)

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

( Can I have a description of my surroundings? )

I mean the room. And no, I aren't going to ask the guard.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I put his body in a ventilation shaft, knab his pistol and ammo, then continue north-bound.

It is considered taboo and disgraceful to one's family if they abandon the clothing or wear another family's emblm. Otherwise, I would have knabbed his uniform as well.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I mean the room. And no, I aren't going to ask the guard.

The room is about 50 feet by 70, the room is also pretty barren with only the table as furniture, and the two chairs you and your interrogator were sitting on. However there is a window that is partially open with no locks or bars blocking you from leaving, outside you see rolling hills and fields, in the distance you can even see a forest. Directly outside of your window you do not see any other buildings outside or any roads.

I put his body in a ventilation shaft, knab his pistol and ammo, then continue north-bound.

You hoist his body upon your shoulders and stuff him unceremoniously into a ventilation shaft after nabbing his pistol and his ammo. You stealthy keep on moving northwards leaping across streets like a little monkey and moving like a shadow in between cover. However after you get about 9 kilometres north you hear some sort of commotion going on behind you and a wailing sound arising (similar to the sounds of air raid horns). The enemy must've brought it with them you think. You're curious as to what is going on, but you feel that this commotion bodes nothing but ill tidings.

Up ahead you see notice that the buildings rooftops are less covered with cover, even with your talent for concealment you realize you will not be able to remain concealed if you continue moving on the roofs.

@JerrBear

I'll update your story in the morning/early afternoon, sorry that I can not do it right now.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

They might've found the body, or a resistance movement is starting, or more hopefully, the boys with big guns have arrived.

Unfortunate. I'll go down the employee stairs from the rooftop, I'll move through the streets.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

They might've found the body, or a resistance movement is starting, or more hopefully, the boys with big guns have arrived.

Unfortunate. I'll go down the employee stairs from the rooftop, I'll move through the streets.

As you head towards the door on your rooftop that leads downstairs and towards the streets you're forced to immediately dive in behind the ventilation shaft on your roof. You've been forced to do this because the door is being opened, and you can hear about two or three people talking (you aren't quite sure how many people there are yet), and one of them says "Staff Sargent Holtz, don't forget to leave a brick or something in front of that door, we don't want to be locked out here afterall, now do we?" "Sir, yes sir," responds who you presume to be Holtz.

You take a peek around the ventilation and see four Terran soldiers just lounging on the roof, smoking, laughing and just gossiping. They don't really seem to be paying attention to their surroundings, you're unsure if you can sneak past them into the open doorway, which is being held open with a brick. However with the element of surprise you know that you could shoot them all with your newly acquired pistol, the gun shots might actually be drowned out by the air raid sirens, so that no other soldiers will notice it. Then again the air raid sirens may not drown it out.

What do you do?

Name: Jeremie
Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my main objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. This was my life for the last 5 years, this is why I signed up for this job, to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.
Past Occupation: FBI Agent
Height: 6 foot 1 inch tall
Weight: 209 pounds
Misc Details: Jet black hair-medium length, blueish-green eyes, medium sized ears and nose, lightly tanned skin,
Perk: Expert pistol wielder
Body: Fit and a bit muscular
Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing.

I decide to get the fk out of there after noticing how tough these *******s are, I run and hop the fence like a pro and I book it to the harbour running as fast as possible still conscious of my surroundings and willing to shoot any one in the head that gets withing 2 metres of me or just hit it's head with the butt of my gun to slow them down. ( I prefer to conserve my ammo)

As hard and fast as you can run you start to sprint towards the pool fence and you hop it "like a pro." You take a look a look around and see that there are plenty of these things or people (you aren't quite sure from this distance) shambling around the harbour, there are a lot of people or these things by the harbour in fact. You think that they're probably the dock workers. Do you still wish to continue towards the docks?
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Items: Regular clothing, steak knife, Pistol

We forgot to add the gun. Just modify it, if you feel like mags should be put in parenthesis.

There's no good in getting comprimised just to kill some guys because I'm unsure. I'll try to sneak into the doorway. If comprimised, I'll shoot the guy who knows that I'm there already first. Then, I'll shoot the guys who get their weapons out first. If they see me at the last second, I'll quicken my pace and look for some-sort of air-shaft.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

We forgot to add the gun. Just modify it, if you feel like mags should be put in parenthesis.

There's no good in getting comprimised just to kill some guys because I'm unsure. I'll try to sneak into the doorway. If comprimised, I'll shoot the guy who knows that I'm there already first. Then, I'll shoot the guys who get their weapons out first. If they see me at the last second, I'll quicken my pace and look for some-sort of air-shaft.

Moving as quietly, but quickly as possible you manage to enter the the doorway without being seen. You smile in relief, you then turn around and look at the door, it seems pretty sturdy, you doubt that anyone could kick it down or shoot the handle off it, so you wonder, should you move the brick and lock them outside?
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Hm. There is a possible negative scenario for both choices. I'll leave the door open, while I head downstairs to street-level.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

I'm going to post as soon as I can. I've been busy in the past days. Please don't delete my character.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Hm. There is a possible negative scenario for both choices. I'll leave the door open, while I head downstairs to street-level.

You descend the stairwell as quickly as you can, trying to remain as silent as Imarianly possible, however before you get 10 feet down the stairs you start to hear voices, from the sounds of things the voices are at ground level, but they're ascending the stairwell, what do you do? They could be citizens or soldiers.

Note: The building you're on is a five story office building, so there are quite a few doors on the stairwell that you could possibly enter (some may, or may not be locked).

I'm going to post as soon as I can. I've been busy in the past days. Please don't delete my character.

Ok gotcha

[b]P.S. Sorry about the slow update responses, real life is making me respond once a day, don't worry though, next week I should be on more often, my schedule should clear up a bit.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Crap. I'll try to open the door closest to me. If it's locked I try the others. If they're all locked, I'll try to jimmy one of them.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Crap. I'll try to open the door closest to me. If it's locked I try the others. If they're all locked, I'll try to jimmy one of them.

You're fortunate that the first door you open is unlocked, so you quickly hide yourself in the room, the lights are off and it's pitch black, you can't see anything. You listen as intently as you can for about 10-20 minutes for the people you heard early, but you don't hear them.

You suppose that since you were on the roof level it was unlikely that the people you heard would also go to the roof. What do you do now?
Showing 91-105 of 142