ForumsForum GamesNamed RPG

142 15446
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Be Warned: This is mildly lengthy. Are you manly enough to read it all?

======================================================

I've decided to go ahead and be very original in the naming of my RPG by taking two letters off the "Unnamed RPGs" thread's name But alas that's beside the point. Let's get down to business, which is that I've obviously decided to go ahead and make a RPG. Now I'd bet you'd like to know what this RPG will be all about, right? Ah well since you insist I'll go ahead and explain this RPG to you my fellow AG gamers.

This RPG shall be about controlling a mythological creature (like a Sphinx) and creating this aforementioned creature and guiding it through a storyline and scenarios that I give you. The choice is yours as to what creature you would like to be. You know what? As a matter of fact it doesn't even have to be a mythological creature, you may be anything you please to be at all. You can be a human, a wolf, a dragon, a sea monster or even a horsefly (I don't recommend that last option because it sounds quite boring). I don't mind you guys choosing your own creatures as long as you aren't unrealistic or silly about it, for example don't say this: I'm a 10'000 foot tall T-Rex that shoots lasers out of my eyes and fire out of my bum as well as the fact that I have impenetrable skin, blah blah blah etc... Otherwise I'll just ignore what you said and move on to the next logical post

Here are a few other things you may also want to know, you can choose between these scenarios for your character to play in:

Realistic RPG (you need food to survive, and sleep to survive, it's also easier to die seeing as how your decisions will get you killed if you're silly or choose a poor option) or you can choose the game to be a little more unrealistic (you don't need to worry about food, water, and all that other bothersome junk to live (that doesn't mean you can go a decade without food), and it's harder to die, meaning the decisions you make are less likely to kill you etc...). So basically choose between easy mode or hard mode.

You may also choose between these type of worlds for your character to live in:

- War ravaged
- Medieval
- Mythological
- Prehistoric
- Fantasy

Or you may suggest one yourself, and if I approve you may live in it.

Now I suppose I should tell you guys you need a character sheet, so here are a few examples:

Difficulty: Realistic (Hard)
Scenario: A modern day society
Character type: Wolf
Character Description: Average height for wolf, magnificent blood red fur, keen eyes, muscular etc...
Name: Grrrht (English translation from wolf speech: Keen One)
Bio: Optional
Mythological Creatures: No
Perk: Fast
Body: Prime of my life

Here is another example:

Difficulty: Unrealistic (easy)
Scenario: Fantasy, Medieval type of country side (untamed country)
Character Type: Sea monster!
Name: Sentios Manios Lentia
Character Description: A 300 foot tall sea serpent with massive spikes jutting out of my neck, I am 20 feet wide and my tail is spiked like a club.
Bio: My name is Sentios Manios Lentia, I am used to living in the depths of the sea, fighting for my life with fierce creatures of the depth. I fear nothing and live to fight!
Mythological Creatures: Obviously since I am one!
Perk: Ability to blast sheets of ice out of my mouth (like a dragon does with fire!)
Body: Mediocre

Last Example:

Mode: Realistic
Scenario: Modern day Zombie Apocalypse
Character: Man
Name: Tony
Past Occupation: Firefighter
Height: 6 foot tall
Weight: 205 pounds
Misc Details: (hair colour, eye colour etc...)
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man as your character AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Agile
Body: Fit

Important Notes For (you really should read this):

Descriptions: Include as much as you like into the description, but make it enough for me to be able to adequately tell how you look.
Bio: Helps me determine your storyline.
Scenario: This just determines the type of environment and creatures you'll be around. If you choose prehistoric, expect prehistoric animals to be in the gameplay (duh).
Mythological creatures: All I need is a yes or no. If you choose yes be warned that any and every manner of creature may be in your storyline (unless you request for specific types of creatures like Dragons not to be not to be).
Character: What animal are you going to be, a human, dinosaur, sea monster, goblin, ogre, orc, dragon etc...
Body: How healthy and athletic are you
Perk: Be reasonable, if you choose invincible I'll rechoose it for you.

Ah yes I almost forgot this, lastly, but not least is the example of the scenarios you will receive (I request that you post your character sheet in every comment by the way):

Example:

Past Occupation: Fireman
Height: 6 foot tall
Weight: 205 pounds
Misc Details: (hair colour, eye colour, and name, which is a must etc...)
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man AND modern day as a scenario
Body: Fit

"Tony! Hurry up, this building is coming down on top of us, we have maybe ten minutes!" Bellowed one of Tony's co-workers inside of the inferno of what was once called "Hyatt's Hotel" in downtown Detroit. "Yea, I know, just give me a moment," hollered Tony back to his co-worker kicking down the door in his path trying to get to the person on the other side of the door. For there had to be person on the other side, Tony could hear the murmuring of a man! As Tony rushed in he dived out of the way of falling masonry that was ablaze from the ceiling above him and was shocked to see a man lounge towards him. The man was missing half the fingers of his left hand, from a... bite?

Options:

1. Go towards the man and try to help him out of the building.
2. Say "insert phrase here"
3. Ask the man "are you alright!?"
4. Your choice

When choosing an option please copy paste that as well as your character sheet into your post. Thanks in advance

NOTE: You may gain perks after a while or evolve your characters. If you're a human you may grow taller, or run faster, or be stronger etc... After a while I'll evolve (upgrade) your character automatically or give it a perk after a few pages or a reasonable time-lapse.

NOTE: There are clans that you will encounter in this RPG, meaning that some creatures hunt and fight in packs (some don't though)

P.S. I may add rules and updates for this RPG, when I do so it'll be labeled as follows (and every post will be in every post I make):

Attention, Update!

Three people only right now, each player MUST choose a different character (different species) in their character sheet. It is first come first serve. If you would like to join a wait list please message my profile. If a player dies the next person in the wait list shall join the game, or if a player goes inactive for about 48 hours (two days) without warning the next player in a wait list shall be able to take over or make a new character.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I apologize for any poor grammar are inarticulate sentences and phrasing.

• 142 Replies
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Scenario: War-torn sci-fi home-planet (five superpowers)
Character: Male Feline huminoid (explained below)
Name: Shadowflare
Bio: Shadowflare's family has a long-line of military troops in all branches. However, a sniper round to his father's jaw, and his mother's fighter exploding due to a QAAM missile, marked him an orphan. Six long years followed before he could join the service
Height: 6'2
Weight: 150 pounds
Misc Details: Black pelt, blue eyes, blue military uniform
Mythological Creatures: No, this is more of a sci-fi.
Body: slim
Items: Regular clothing, steak knife

Hm. I see no incentive to go upstairs. I'll just go through the storage unit to the next alley.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@trooper

The only alley is the one behind you, do you mean you want to go back outside the way you came? There are no alleys between the houses on this street, only behind them, all the buildings on this street on connected with cement.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Bio: Shadowflare's family has a long-line of military troops in all branches. However, a sniper round to his father's jaw, and his mother's fighter exploding due to a QAAM missile, marked him an orphan. Six long years followed before he could join the service

On second thought, I might be able to do some parkour and jump from building to building from the roof. I'll head upstairs.

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Name: Jeremie
Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my main objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. This was my life for the last 5 years, this is why I signed up for this job, to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.
Past Occupation: FBI Agent
Height: 6 foot 1 inch tall
Weight: 209 pounds
Misc Details: Jet black hair-medium length, blueish-green eyes, medium sized ears and nose, lightly tanned skin,
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man as your character AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Expert pistol wielder
Body: Fit and a bit muscular
Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing.

I shall find some Crown Royal XR version take a shot because I am still dazed, then I open the curtains and if there is nothing there I will go outside and look around, if there is a thing outside I shall smash its head in with the premium golf clubs that I found (what a perfectly waste of good golf clubs). Once if/any thing is dead/gone I shall look around outside.

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Sorry about the usage of alcohol should keep this PG But there is nothing else to do in the story right now really heheh

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@trooper

On second thought, I might be able to do some parkour and jump from building to building from the roof. I'll head upstairs.

You search for the stairs and find them just outside of the pantry room, you are also positive that no one is in the restaurant right now, you look outside the window and see the join Vanu-Terran convoy pass by the window. They have definitely stopped firing shots now even though they could continue.

You climb a curving stairwell, you come upon a door, but this would be only the second floor, three are two more floors above you and a roof, so what do you do?

@Jerr
Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my main objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. This was my life for the last 5 years, this is why I signed up for this job, to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.
Misc Details: Jet black hair-medium length, blueish-green eyes, medium sized ears and nose, lightly tanned skin,
Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing.

I shall find some Crown Royal XR version take a shot because I am still dazed, then I open the curtains and if there is nothing there I will go outside and look around, if there is a thing outside I shall smash its head in with the premium golf clubs that I found (what a perfectly waste of good golf clubs). Once if/any thing is dead/gone I shall look around outside.

You slowly open the curtains, you glance outside and see a "back yard" type section of the hotel. Meaning that there are several jacuzzi's and hot tubs and swimming pools, you see stains of blood and pools of blood everywhere, but strangely enough none of the freaks or people are outside, there is merely a lot of blood lying around and about two dozen bitten people. They appear to be deceased, and again you think of how odd this is, why did those cannibalistic monsters stop munching on these men, women and children? They only have a few bites on them, a half dozen to a dozen at the most. You look around and see that there are gates surrounding this section of the hotel and pools. They aren't very tall though and in the distance you see Lake Michigan and it's harbour. In the distance you hear gunfire and see smoke tendrils coming from Detroit. What do you do?

A. Your choice
B. Close the curtains and let things settle down. See if things are better in the morning, see if everything will have returned to normal. Also keep the T.V. on and see if there will be any new news.
C. Go swimming in a pool or relax in a jacuzzi.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@trooper

Corrections: *joint convoy
*two floors and one roof above you
*this should be the second floor

Arrgghh sorry about that poor spelling/grammar

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Scenario: war ravaged (modern day)
Name: Serte Jackson
Bio: Once a soldier in the NEU, Serte quitted the job and became an hitman. Five years later, he works for the main political forces in the conflict as their most succesfull agent.
Height: 6 and a half foot tall
Weight: 234 pounds
Misc Details: Pale skin, moderately long black hair (not enough to reach the shoulders) ,azure eyes, short black beard. Muscular.
Perk: Speaking in tongues
Body: Perfect physical shape
Items: Civilian clothing

(Switched to first person. )

I talk in Russian, saying that I am a prisoner and aren't with them. I offer to tell valuable informations about the Russian Coalition to their leader.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Ah well, we're all derps.

I check the door. If it's locked I use knife as a key to open it.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Bio: Once a soldier in the NEU, Serte quitted the job and became an hitman. Five years later, he works for the main political forces in the conflict as their most succesfull agent.
Misc Details: Pale skin, moderately long black hair (not enough to reach the shoulders) ,azure eyes, short black beard. Muscular.

(Switched to first person. )

I talk in Russian, saying that I am a prisoner and aren't with them. I offer to tell valuable informations about the Russian Coalition to their leader.

The soldier who seems to be in charge shrugs and says "deal with him as we would we that officer," nodding towards the Russian officer." The subservient soldier nods and before you can say anything retrieves a needle from a small bag and stabs you in the neck with it. You feel drowsy and slowly pass out.

When you awaken you find yourself gagged and bound to a chair. You're practically spitting mad that this has happened to you twice in one day! You're the best hitman in the world and common foot soldiers knocked you out twice in one day! Across from a plain table you see a man in a suit. He has a cup of coffee in his hands and a stack of papers on the table with a pen. He nods to a man to your left. Another guard. You feel like you've seen enough of them for today. He takes off your gags and the man in the suit says:

"You say you have valuable information on the Russian Coalition. Speak now."

What do you say?

I check the door. If it's locked I use knife as a key to open it.

You attempt to open the door, but it won't open. You realize it must be locked. You look disappointed, but then realize you have steak knife so you attempt to pick lock the door. You're disappointed that your efforts are futile. There are still two more floors you can climb to and the roof. Or go back down.

Note: For your phrasing you should say I attempt to unlock the door with a knife, not I unlock it with my knife

Since you do not have a pick locking perk and knives aren't exactly key like or delicate instruments for pick locking you failed the effort.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I didn't put it in that way of saying it.

Locked door would suggest owners are still in. Not to mention they probably wouldn't approve of my request for other weapons. I'll try the other doors above me. If they don't work I'll just head to the roof, carefully.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I didn't put it in that way of saying it.

Locked door would suggest owners are still in. Not to mention they probably wouldn't approve of my request for other weapons. I'll try the other doors above me. If they don't work I'll just head to the roof, carefully.

You stealthily creep your way up the steps, for the third and fourth floor the doors are both locked. Your pick locking attempts do not work (keep at it though and eventually they shall though). You keep going upstairs, you see a door that says: Employees Only. You know this must be the roof, so you silently open the door (it was unlocked). You smile in gratitude that there is a lot of cover on this roof to hide behind (vents, square metal maintenance things, and generators for this side of the street). You hide behind one of the vents and peer out into the streets, they're deserted, the convoy has passed through, no telling when a patrol will pass by though to enforce the curfew. You look towards the paratrooper and find a five story building blocking your view. The walls look easily scaleable and you think that there is a good chance of being able to scale them. You look around and see that in fact most of the buildings in your eyesight have a reasonable amount of cover on them, you also notice other paratrooper on other roofs in the distance. However you doubt they'll spot you if you're careful.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

0_0 Haha forgot the four key words: what do you do?

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

I tell everything that I learned from my years as a sergeant of the NEU and an hitman about the Russian Coalition.

And then I talk about my job.

"I was payed by some man to kill Khagr (the leader) and his potential successors. They caught me. Now, If you let me free, I will be able to continue my job."

I am lying, but hey, I need something more than an everyday mercenary job to convince this man to let me go.

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

I would relax and spend a night at the hotel, drinking, hoping the news changes, turn on the radio and well relax. I would also try to find some tools to fix my radio to contact headquarters.

Showing 61-75 of 142