ForumsForum GamesNamed RPG

142 15500
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Be Warned: This is mildly lengthy. Are you manly enough to read it all?

======================================================

I've decided to go ahead and be very original in the naming of my RPG by taking two letters off the "Unnamed RPGs" thread's name But alas that's beside the point. Let's get down to business, which is that I've obviously decided to go ahead and make a RPG. Now I'd bet you'd like to know what this RPG will be all about, right? Ah well since you insist I'll go ahead and explain this RPG to you my fellow AG gamers.

This RPG shall be about controlling a mythological creature (like a Sphinx) and creating this aforementioned creature and guiding it through a storyline and scenarios that I give you. The choice is yours as to what creature you would like to be. You know what? As a matter of fact it doesn't even have to be a mythological creature, you may be anything you please to be at all. You can be a human, a wolf, a dragon, a sea monster or even a horsefly (I don't recommend that last option because it sounds quite boring). I don't mind you guys choosing your own creatures as long as you aren't unrealistic or silly about it, for example don't say this: I'm a 10'000 foot tall T-Rex that shoots lasers out of my eyes and fire out of my bum as well as the fact that I have impenetrable skin, blah blah blah etc... Otherwise I'll just ignore what you said and move on to the next logical post

Here are a few other things you may also want to know, you can choose between these scenarios for your character to play in:

Realistic RPG (you need food to survive, and sleep to survive, it's also easier to die seeing as how your decisions will get you killed if you're silly or choose a poor option) or you can choose the game to be a little more unrealistic (you don't need to worry about food, water, and all that other bothersome junk to live (that doesn't mean you can go a decade without food), and it's harder to die, meaning the decisions you make are less likely to kill you etc...). So basically choose between easy mode or hard mode.

You may also choose between these type of worlds for your character to live in:

- War ravaged
- Medieval
- Mythological
- Prehistoric
- Fantasy

Or you may suggest one yourself, and if I approve you may live in it.

Now I suppose I should tell you guys you need a character sheet, so here are a few examples:

Difficulty: Realistic (Hard)
Scenario: A modern day society
Character type: Wolf
Character Description: Average height for wolf, magnificent blood red fur, keen eyes, muscular etc...
Name: Grrrht (English translation from wolf speech: Keen One)
Bio: Optional
Mythological Creatures: No
Perk: Fast
Body: Prime of my life

Here is another example:

Difficulty: Unrealistic (easy)
Scenario: Fantasy, Medieval type of country side (untamed country)
Character Type: Sea monster!
Name: Sentios Manios Lentia
Character Description: A 300 foot tall sea serpent with massive spikes jutting out of my neck, I am 20 feet wide and my tail is spiked like a club.
Bio: My name is Sentios Manios Lentia, I am used to living in the depths of the sea, fighting for my life with fierce creatures of the depth. I fear nothing and live to fight!
Mythological Creatures: Obviously since I am one!
Perk: Ability to blast sheets of ice out of my mouth (like a dragon does with fire!)
Body: Mediocre

Last Example:

Mode: Realistic
Scenario: Modern day Zombie Apocalypse
Character: Man
Name: Tony
Past Occupation: Firefighter
Height: 6 foot tall
Weight: 205 pounds
Misc Details: (hair colour, eye colour etc...)
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man as your character AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Agile
Body: Fit

Important Notes For (you really should read this):

Descriptions: Include as much as you like into the description, but make it enough for me to be able to adequately tell how you look.
Bio: Helps me determine your storyline.
Scenario: This just determines the type of environment and creatures you'll be around. If you choose prehistoric, expect prehistoric animals to be in the gameplay (duh).
Mythological creatures: All I need is a yes or no. If you choose yes be warned that any and every manner of creature may be in your storyline (unless you request for specific types of creatures like Dragons not to be not to be).
Character: What animal are you going to be, a human, dinosaur, sea monster, goblin, ogre, orc, dragon etc...
Body: How healthy and athletic are you
Perk: Be reasonable, if you choose invincible I'll rechoose it for you.

Ah yes I almost forgot this, lastly, but not least is the example of the scenarios you will receive (I request that you post your character sheet in every comment by the way):

Example:

Past Occupation: Fireman
Height: 6 foot tall
Weight: 205 pounds
Misc Details: (hair colour, eye colour, and name, which is a must etc...)
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man AND modern day as a scenario
Body: Fit

"Tony! Hurry up, this building is coming down on top of us, we have maybe ten minutes!" Bellowed one of Tony's co-workers inside of the inferno of what was once called "Hyatt's Hotel" in downtown Detroit. "Yea, I know, just give me a moment," hollered Tony back to his co-worker kicking down the door in his path trying to get to the person on the other side of the door. For there had to be person on the other side, Tony could hear the murmuring of a man! As Tony rushed in he dived out of the way of falling masonry that was ablaze from the ceiling above him and was shocked to see a man lounge towards him. The man was missing half the fingers of his left hand, from a... bite?

Options:

1. Go towards the man and try to help him out of the building.
2. Say "insert phrase here"
3. Ask the man "are you alright!?"
4. Your choice

When choosing an option please copy paste that as well as your character sheet into your post. Thanks in advance

NOTE: You may gain perks after a while or evolve your characters. If you're a human you may grow taller, or run faster, or be stronger etc... After a while I'll evolve (upgrade) your character automatically or give it a perk after a few pages or a reasonable time-lapse.

NOTE: There are clans that you will encounter in this RPG, meaning that some creatures hunt and fight in packs (some don't though)

P.S. I may add rules and updates for this RPG, when I do so it'll be labeled as follows (and every post will be in every post I make):

Attention, Update!

Three people only right now, each player MUST choose a different character (different species) in their character sheet. It is first come first serve. If you would like to join a wait list please message my profile. If a player dies the next person in the wait list shall join the game, or if a player goes inactive for about 48 hours (two days) without warning the next player in a wait list shall be able to take over or make a new character.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I apologize for any poor grammar are inarticulate sentences and phrasing.

• 142 Replies
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@gentle
Scenario: war ravaged (modern day)
Name: Serte Jackson
Bio: Once a soldier in the NEU, Serte quitted the job and became an hitman. Five years later, he works for the main political forces in the conflict as their most succesfull agent.
Height: 6 and a half foot tall
Weight: 234 pounds
Misc Details: Pale skin, moderately long black hair (not enough to reach the shoulders) ,azure eyes, short black beard. Muscular.
Perk: Speaking in tongues
Body: Perfect physical shape
Items: Civilian clothing

I tell everything that I learned from my years as a sergeant of the NEU and an hitman about the Russian Coalition.

And then I talk about my job.

"I was payed by some man to kill Khagr (the leader) and his potential successors. They caught me. Now, If you let me free, I will be able to continue my job."

I am lying, but hey, I need something more than an everyday mercenary job to convince this man to let me go.

You wait for your interviewers response as he scribbles down some more writing on his papers. You feel tense and anxious. If this man doesn't believe you or knows you're lying to him, you will be in a seriously bad situation. The man finally looks up at you and stares into your eyes as if trying to decipher whether or not he can trust you. You remain as impassive as possible and try to exude a feeling of nonchalance. Continuing to stare at you the man says "you are fortunate that everything you said we pretty much already new, you didn't tell us anything we haven't already known about. Which means you're fortunate because if you had so much as lied to us you would be dead right now. I don't say this to appear as a tough guy, it's just a simple fact." You believe this man. The calmness and coldness he says this without emotion makes you afraid of this man and what he is capable of. You note that the man has also said this in a rough Scandinavian accent.

"Now do tell me why and how you were compromised and came about to be in the say van as our men. If I think you're lying to me, I will kill you with my bare hands." What do you do?

@JerrBear

I'll get your story line updated in a bit.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Name: Jeremie
Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my main objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. This was my life for the last 5 years, this is why I signed up for this job, to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.
Past Occupation: FBI Agent
Height: 6 foot 1 inch tall
Weight: 209 pounds
Misc Details: Jet black hair-medium length, blueish-green eyes, medium sized ears and nose, lightly tanned skin,
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man as your character AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Expert pistol wielder
Body: Fit and a bit muscular
Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing.
I would relax and spend a night at the hotel, drinking, hoping the news changes, turn on the radio and well relax. I would also try to find some tools to fix my radio to contact headquarters

You spend the night inside of the hotel and try and relax. Yet somehow peace and harmony just is coming to you as you relive the events of the day and hear shooting late into the night. You go around the hotel suite looking for some tools to fix your radio. You find a tool kit box, but it is now apparent that you'll need a real technician or repairman to fix your radio. You just can't figure out how to fix this radio. You spend the night laying in bed and thinking of possible scenarios and contingency plans for tomorrow. You leave the T.V. on, but it isn't changing from the Emergency Warning System. In the morning you wake up. You didn't sleep that well, it was a fitful sleep. You look at the time and see that it is 6:26 am. You also look at the T.V. and sigh when you see that the Emergency Warning System is still on every T.V. channel. This probably means this epidemic isn't over yet. What do you do?
The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Bio: Once a soldier in the NEU, Serte quitted the job and became an hitman. Five years later, he works for the main political forces in the conflict as their most succesfull agent.
Misc Details: Pale skin, moderately long black hair (not enough to reach the shoulders) ,azure eyes, short black beard. Muscular.

"I really don't know. They probably got me and knocked me out. I was at a room in the local hotel, trying to get a clear shot on my targets, and then everything became black. Then I awakened in that van."

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Scenario: War-torn sci-fi home-planet (five superpowers)
Character: Male Feline huminoid (explained below)
Name: Shadowflare
Bio: Shadowflare's family has a long-line of military troops in all branches. However, a sniper round to his father's jaw, and his mother's fighter exploding due to a QAAM missile, marked him an orphan. Six long years followed before he could join the service
Height: 6'2
Weight: 150 pounds
Misc Details: Black pelt, blue eyes, blue military uniform
Mythological Creatures: No, this is more of a sci-fi.
Body: slim
Items: Regular clothing, steak knife

I'll go from cover-to-cover to prevent myself from being seen by the enemy. Then I'll see if I can't scale the five-story building.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@gentleman

"I really don't know. They probably got me and knocked me out. I was at a room in the local hotel, trying to get a clear shot on my targets, and then everything became black. Then I awakened in that van."

"Let me be quite rank with you Mr... I'm sorry what did you say your name was?" the man asks you.

One of the pitfalls of playing on realistic mode, you have to answer silly questions.

Perk achieved. Smooth talker. You are now able to say lies without anyone being suspicious. You are also more charismatic and people will be more willing to believe what you have to say and give you good deals on items you wish to buy or sell.

@trooperMode: Realistic
Bio: Shadowflare's family has a long-line of military troops in all branches. However, a sniper round to his father's jaw, and his mother's fighter exploding due to a QAAM missile, marked him an orphan. Six long years followed before he could join the service
Perk: Agile, stealthy

I'll go from cover-to-cover to prevent myself from being seen by the enemy. Then I'll see if I can't scale the five-story building.

Perk achieved. Stealth. Unless you're being tracked and people are looking for you specifically you will be able to get by people with ease. You're a living shadow. This perk also allows you to blend in with crowds more easily.

You easily manage to make it to the side of the five-story building without being spotted by the enemy. You sprinted from cover to cover as the guards weren't looking. You get to the five-story building and look for handholds, and you're relieved to see that there are many. You could climb this wall in your sleep! So you nimbly climb the five-story wall. You see the guard on patrol from before patrolling his roof on the two-story building.

He is simply walking rounds around the roof. His alertness seems to have abated from earlier. He is almost lazy about the way he's walking around and he is hardly glancing at his surroundings. There is no doubt in your mind that he is over-confident that no one would dare try to break curfew after today's example. Nonetheless you hide behind a generator as he starts to walk towards you on his building (you doubt he'll see you even if you were waving at him, but hiding is precautionary and just plain good sense).

You think that there is a pretty good chance that you can jump from here to the other building without falling to a grisly death or being maimed. You also think that since the convoy isn't nearby yet and a patrol hasn't passed (all the longer you're in the city makes the chances of patrols being sent to this neighbourhood higher) you can jump to the building without being seen. The feline nature of your anatomy makes it easier to jump greater distances without being maimed or hurt. Nonetheless this is still a fairly big distance and a good sized drop. However you think there is still an 85% chance of success without any injury or death. What do you do?
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I'll take those odds. Hopefully it's not like X-Com where 85% is worse than 56% or something. :P I make a jump for it. However, I'll be ready to roll if neccisary. (My theory is that stiff legs are more likely to snap in the event of a fall than slightly inclined ones)

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my main objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. This was my life for the last 5 years, this is why I signed up for this job, to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.
Misc Details: Jet black hair-medium length, blueish-green eyes, medium sized ears and nose, lightly tanned skin,
Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing.

I head outside look around the back yard for any zombies, if there any I beat them up with my gun (combat not shooting) then I hop the fence and start heading to the harbour while consciously looking around me carefully.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Perk: Speaking in tongues, Smooth talker.

I know, right?

"Jackson. Serte Jackson.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@trooper

I'll take those odds. Hopefully it's not like X-Com where 85% is worse than 56% or something. :P I make a jump for it. However, I'll be ready to roll if neccisary. (My theory is that stiff legs are more likely to snap in the event of a fall than slightly inclined ones)

You wait for the soldiers on the other roofs to look away from you and the guard opposite you to also be looking the other way. It takes about five minutes, but when the time is right you take a running jump with all of your might and leap across the street (you see a lady in an apartment window staring out at you with an incredulous expression). You make a rolling landing and you are fortunate that you landed with a soft thud, without raising the alarm and without sustaining any injury.

The guard is now taking a smoke and looking the opposite direction of your position, he is also about 20 feet away, you can hear his radio cackling silently as well. What do you do?

@gentle

I know, right?

"Jackson. Serte Jackson.

"Well Serte, I'll be honest with you. I don't know you and I don't trust you as of now. However you have proved that you are not a liar and have provided us with information willingly, therefore we shall let you go without executing you." The man says this as though killing Russian prisoners is an everyday occurrence for him. "However when we let you go we shall blindfold you and insert an IV into your arms and apply a local anesthetic so that you do not know where this location is or what town we are in. We shall drop you off in the middle of the city of Yakutsk without any of your weapons. You will only have your ID and $350 worth of spending money."

As the man is saying this do you say anything in response?

@Jerr

I head outside look around the back yard for any zombies, if there any I beat them up with my gun (combat not shooting) then I hop the fence and start heading to the harbour while consciously looking around me carefully.

You start to go towards the curtains and you open them and the sliding door to step outside. You see a person standing beside the main swimming pool. He isn't facing you, but he apparently hears you and turns around towards you, you can now see that his eyes are pure grey like those other things.

He looks directly at you, and opens his mouth in a piercing nonsensical scream that is mostly gibberish as he starts to run at you. You wait for just the right moment and then you lift your pistol and bash the things head. This monster goes down in a heap.

After a blow from your pistol like that you would expect that no person would be able to get up from it, but apparently this thing is immune to pain because to your surprise he starts to get up, so you proceed to pummel blows on his head with your pistol, you bludgeon the thing to death. You look around you and notice all the deceased people from yesterday are gone.

You hear a commotion and look towards the entrance to these swimming pools, two or three more of these monsters apparently heard the commotion and are now coming after you. You wonder if you should continue on to the harbour or put these things down, so you decide to...
The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

"Well thanks. It's all that I need."- I say.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Lol. Gotta love freaking people out with parkour.

I'll be sure no one is looking. Once the gaurd isn't looking at me, I sneak up behind him, then put the knife into his neck, paw over his mouth.

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

how unlike von to not update 4 over 24 hrs, who wants to bet he was banned for a day or 2 (maybe less, maybe longer) for telling ppls not to go to Devoidless for help lolol

i looked at his profile cause of his nonresponsiveness in his rpg game, and from what i c he told pokemon not to ask voidless if he wants help regarding something JDR has said on his about section. it really is quite interesting

u may not see the whole story tho cause voidy deleted a few comments from his profile when vonzy explained y he/she said what he/she said to pokemon

that reminds me, I wonder if von is a man or girl

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Ah, sorry guys, I made a small mistake that left me unavailable for AG for a few days, but if you guys still wish to continue with this RPG we may still continue on with it.

@trooper

As you creep in behind the cover, you peer out towards the sentry in disdain. You look around once and see that none of the other sentries are looking this way, however with your keen feline eyes you spot what was part of the Vanu and Terran convoy doing some patrols several blocks away from you. They're making there way back north ever so slowly towards you, however there is no chance of them spotting you for a while.

You grab your dagger and advance towards the sentry as silently as possible, you're as stealthy and quiet as a shadow, so it must have been pure dumb luck on the guards behalf that he turns around when you're about 6 feet away, his smoke drops out of his mouth as he opens his mouth in shock. His shock will surely abate in a second and then he will grab his pistol and shoot you, you think. You also believe that you may or may not be able to stab him before he gets to his pistol and takes a shot at you. There is about 60/40 chance that you can stab him before he reacts fast enough to shoot you. What do you do?

"Well thanks. It's all that I need."- I say.

"So it shall be then," responds the man in the suit. "This gentleman here shall get the IV need and apply the local anesthetic in your arm, you shall wake up in about six hours in the city of Dk'larov."

What? Dk'larov? That's not what he said earlier, he said Yakutsk. You remain impassive and silent, but you're silently suspicious. The man seems to make a small sigh and glance towards the ceiling in... What is that look on his face? Shame? Guilt? You're not sure because almost instantaneously his face retains the cool demeanour it had previously held. He nods towards the guard beside you, stands up and leaves the room. The guard unties you and struggling to hide a cruel malicious smile he takes out an IV from a bag beside the table. He says &quotlease hold out your arm so I can insert this IV into you." What do you do?

@JerrBear
You still need to respond to your previous scenario.
The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

( Can I have a description of my surroundings? )

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

( Can I have a description of my surroundings? )

Do you mean of the room? Or how the guard looks? Or how the aforementioned city will look?

Or did you mean to ask the guard this?
Showing 76-90 of 142