Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think Obama is so great?

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 8:31pm

Dragonlizard7

Dragonlizard7

18 posts

I asked this question today to some people who hated Romney, but they couldn't say anything great about Obama. I would like some opinions, but I do not want to get angry messages.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 9:52pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

I asked this question today to some people who hated Romney, but they couldn't say anything great about Obama. I would like some opinions, but I do not want to get angry messages.

If you hate one of the runners for presidency and despise everything he stands for and runs for, meanwhile feeling indifferent towards Obama is that not reason enough not to vote for Romney and instead vote for Obama?

The way I construed what you said is that under your belief you think that if someone hates Romney, and feels indifferent towards Obama, that isn't enough reason  to vote for Obama. I disagree with that.

One of the great things Obama did was bail out the banks, it may have angered many people that he bailed them out instead of small businesses, but it did not again me, (then again I'm not American) because face it. You need banks for a country to survive (a country such as America).

Here are some subjectively great things he's done:

1. Fights for gay marriage (if you're homophobic or Catholic this would be bad and you would disapprove, hence the subjective part.
2. Supports the funding of a black museum dedicated to black people (that made me mad, that is so racist, he didn't support any Asian, Caucasian or Christian musics, only his own race!).

Bad things: Trade deficit rose to 44.2 billion dollars for the U.S. in August. Perhaps the worst thing he did was bomb Libya without Congressional support, I think (don't quote me on this) that the American constitution requires Congressional consent. Well unconstitutional = worst in my books...

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 9:56pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

Corrections:

it may have angered many people that he bailed them out instead of small businesses, but it did not again me

*anger

(if you're homophobic or Catholic this would be bad and you would disapprove, hence the subjective part

Forgot the last bracket...

Christian musics

*museum

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 10:52pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,527 posts

Knight

I don't care for either candidate. Actually, these are two of the most boring candidates I've ever seen; if either party had a decent candidate, the election wouldn't be so close.

I fell asleep watching the first debate. The only interesting person in that entire event was Jim Lehrer.

Posted Nov 6, '12 at 11:27pm

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,809 posts

In short or what vinheisenbourg said, no reason other than him being a democrat and black

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:12am

SSTG

SSTG

10,756 posts

Knight

I think he's a good speaker and he seems to care about people or at least he's good at pretending.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:21am

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,809 posts

I agree with (hard to believe) SSTG, he's a good speaker who's good at pretending to care. How he got re-elected after doing such a bad job the first time is beyond me.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:27am

SSTG

SSTG

10,756 posts

Knight

How he got re-elected after doing such a bad job the first time is beyond me.

Amazing isn't it? Most of his bills were blocked by the Republicans for no reasons except for making him lose the election instead of working together to help the American people.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:52am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

Good speaker? Correction: Amazing speaker.

Whether you like him or not...you have to admit he is very charismatic

Amazing isn't it? Most of his bills were blocked by the Republicans for no reasons except for making him lose the election instead of working together to help the American people.

Well I mean...obviously SSTG! He is a democrat...so obviously every bill he proposes is evil and does nothing but help those freeloading hippies (need I point out the sarcasm?)

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 2:21am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

If you hate one of the runners for presidency and despise everything he stands for and runs for, meanwhile feeling indifferent towards Obama is that not reason enough not to vote for Romney and instead vote for Obama?

I think that depends on what state you live in. If you're in a state that is pretty solid one way or the other, you have the power to begin making changes to sway things to get a third party involved. In swing states it's more important that you vote against the lesser of two evils in this two party environment.