ForumsWEPREmancipation

7 2268
EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

There are many kids that are being emancipated by their parents but do you think this is right.

• 7 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

If the parents are incapable of looking after their children or treat their kids so badly they want to get emancipated i guess it is their right. However i wold have thought some sort of counselling to see both sides of the story and trying to fix the problem first before cutting off their parents would be best.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

I agree with woody_7007, but i think there should be some kind of system to ensure the welfare of the emancipated kid.

morbid_giggle
morbid_giggle
137 posts
Nomad

It really depends on the childs ability to make the correct decisions and their maturity.
Woody's suggestion is right of course.

Theres a good book about a girl fighting for medical emancipation (not quite the same...but still) It's called My Sisters Keeper. Its a very good book.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I have heard of that book, morbid.

Anyway, most of the situations are based on the parent's rate of care, love, ability to take car of, etc. A kid/child/adult usually will emancipate because of their parents faults.

Now to answer the question. I say it is right to have the ability to emancipate, but for a good reason. Grounding = not a good reason. Neglect = good reason.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

It's not just kids that are getting Emancipated, it's teenagers too

Here's a question, How would you feel if you got Emancipated by your own parents, it's just a question you don't have to answer it if you don't want to.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I would feel pretty bad but i mean you wouldnt have much choice would you. I mean i have already moved out so it wouldnt be as bad as it could be, but for most younger kids i imagine it would be devastating.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I really have to ask, exactly what does one mean by 'emancipation' here? The term I know is the historically used one- the process of campaigning for social rights.

Perhaps you mean disowned?

Showing 1-7 of 7