ForumsWEPRObama, 2012-2016 President of the United States of America

255 72421
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Well he won.

274-203

Romney got more votes but Obama got more elecrol votes.

COMMENT!

• 255 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

But I don't want to comment, I want to bang my head against a wall!

AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

He can stay president until he attempts to subdue my rights to own a weapon.

Then my plans can go into effect....

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

He can stay president until he attempts to subdue my rights to own a weapon.

That's all you're worried about? Your precious gun?!? :O
You voted for an hypocrite who doesn't give a danm about you or any American but himself just because you thought Obama would take away your gun?
I mean come on, get a grip on reality.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

That's only the third time that's happened in our history, I believe. Kinda weird how two of the times in our 200+ year history happened in-between two elections.

Curses; Rupert from Survivor didn't win Governor of Indiana. He did manage to get 7% of the vote, which is pretty good for an independent/Libertarian.

AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

That's all you're worried about? Your precious gun?!? :O

Why would I be worried about anything else? We'll always have a military, so I don't need to worry about anything else.

You voted for an hypocrite who doesn't give a danm about you or any American but himself just because you thought Obama would take away your gun?

I didn't vote. I'm 16. I would have voted for Gary Johnson if I could vote.

I mean come on, get a grip on reality.

I do have a grip on reality. Obama has a proven track record of lying through his teeth and is a born politician, Romney has a proven track record of flip flopping on issues to suit himself and is a power hungry oligarchic *****.

They both deserve to die.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

What are electoral votes? I thought the total amount of votes were what counted most?

Just goes to show how much I know... Anyways from what I know of Obama and Romney I feel neutral towards the American's choice for Obama for another term. I feel this way mostly because I know little of their stances on most things.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

wow slow down guys

getting crazy here

did you see that ohio might not be done
i think its just the romney dudes trying to win obama still won
dont get your hopes up

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Tet a grip on reality he says, you're a hypocrite he says. How ironic and hypocritical of you. Let's see what we get to look forward to.
1: an even higher national debt
2: higher vase prices
3: gun restrictions
4: higher taxes
5: 4 years of romman noodles
Can't wait!

And honestly give me one even remotely ok reason as to why you honk he doesn't care about anyone but himself? Is it because he doesn't agree with your black massiah? Is it because he has had a good idea that could help people unlike raising the national debt more than Obama said that he would lower it by? Honestly, you just spit out this idiocy without restraint or reason and it gets annoying.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

What are electoral votes?

Electoral votes are the points you win when you gain a majority of the vote in a state. If you win 51% of the votes in a state, you win all of the points of that state, since the USA adopts a "winner takes all" policy in regards to the Electoral College.

I thought the total amount of votes were what counted most?

Popular vote more often than not decides the president, but there are rare times (like this one and in 2000) where one may not have the majority vote, but have more electoral votes than the opponent, which trumps majority vote in priority. It's silly, I know.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Let's keep things nice and easy, guys. We're all a big happy family in here.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Right now, based on how many voters have reported, Obama has won, but there are some states (ohio) with only a small difference, and the remaining voters (if they vote), could still turn the tide.

~~~Darth Caedus

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

And honestly give me one even remotely ok reason as to why you honk he doesn't care about anyone but himself? Is it because he doesn't agree with your black massiah?

Man why are you so racist?
Blame the Tea Party for dividing the Republican camp.
Have you ever thought that people are scared about the future so they decided to stay with Obama instead of taking a chance with an hypocrite who keep changing his opinion on everything?
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

It's silly, I know

No, it's idiocy to allow a loophole like this so that we are forced to get a president even though most of the voters didn't want said candidate as president. Or at least they should make it by county and not the whole state, that could have really changed things in places like California where Romney would have won in at least some counties and other places, popular vote should be he way if works not maybe the popular vote will win maybe it won't.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Electoral votes are the points you win when you gain a majority of the vote in a state. If you win 51% of the votes in a state, you win all of the points of that state, since the USA adopts a "winner takes all" policy in regards to the Electoral College.

Ah I understand, so that is kind of like Alabama has 9 electoral votes and the first president to reach 270 won? Is that what that thing where it says stuff like Romney: 84 and Obama: 64 with a big 270 on the top means?

That is kind of ridiculous in my opinion, ah well, but then again I'm not American. Still i think the total votes should determine the winner, and not electoral votes.

It's silly, I know.

Awesome so I'm not alone in thinking this
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Some people are in favor of making the Electoral College more specific, such as giving points based on percentage, or giving full points by district/county, but I don't believe having more specific methods will be any different than popular vote, since they both boil down to &quotercentages". I'm just in favor of having it scraped altogether. We don't do the same for Governors by giving them points by district/county, we do it the way it was meant to be.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Anyway it's not over yet, Romney might still win once they count all the votes or the margin might be much smaller. We won't know for sure before a few days.

Showing 1-15 of 255