ForumsWEPRObama, 2012-2016 President of the United States of America

255 72439
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Well he won.

274-203

Romney got more votes but Obama got more elecrol votes.

COMMENT!

• 255 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Loaded question. You're automatically assuming the innocence of an individual without examining the context of the circumstances.

they are innocent until proven that they are not.

you didn't answer his question btw.
khaiduong
khaiduong
22 posts
Peasant

In my school i was at lunch table me and my whole friend it like a group and we starting to talking about politic and my friends said "Obama win" i like why they like even though mitt romey got the most american citzen vote but persident Obama got more electrol vote they said it just better but ombama is kinda of ok let see how can he lead the U.S into the golden age

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

i like why they like even though mitt romey got the most american citzen vote

No he didn't. Obama won both the popular vote and the necessary electoral votes.
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

I left you with out an answer!

Sorry, but what?

they are innocent until proven that they are not.

I agree, but it is wrong to operate without the assumptiion that there is a possibility of guilt. Otherwise no police force on the planet would ever be able to arrest someone.

you didn't answer his question btw.

I know. As I said, I will not answer a loaded question.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Sorry, but what?

Basically it's come down to him picking at any small thing he can find.

but it is wrong to operate without the assumptiion that there is a possibility of guilt.

Depending on the circumstances. Any given random person isn't going to be suspected. A person who it is plausible to have possibly done something is an entirely different matter (whether from location, previous offences, affiliation or other).
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

Basically it's come down to him picking at any small thing he can find.

Ah. So it's nothing. Got'cha.

Depending on the circumstances. Any given random person isn't going to be suspected. A person who it is plausible to have possibly done something is an entirely different matter (whether from location, previous offences, affiliation or other).

This is exactly my point!
ldslarson
ldslarson
59 posts
Nomad

It is sad to think, but I believe that if the people of America are so stupid that they'd vote for Obama there will be a Dem as a president in 4 years.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I guess we'll just have to wait til 2016 til we have a good president. Ah well. Why have we not invented time travel! I'd go to the future until we have a Republican president.

It is sad to think, but I believe that if the people of America are so stupid that they'd vote for Obama there will be a Dem as a president in 4 years.

Here we have prime examples of one of the most dire problems in America: Bi-partisanship. Where we make decisions based on the viewpoints of not even another person, but a &quotarty" which in itself has many viewpoints. We do not vote based on the quality of the candidate, pass laws for their effectiveness, or elect congressman for their goals. No, here in America, we elect people because they tell us they're a Republican or a Democrat and we are too.

Is there REALLY and wonder why we're having such problems here when all we do is bicker that a Democrat was elected, or a Republican proposed something? We aren't even arguing about politcal agendas any more, we're just a bunch of 5 year olds arguing about our favorite color.

Red!
No Blue!
Red is better!
Blue is bad!
Red is worse!
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I guess we'll just have to wait til 2016 til we have a good president. Ah well. Why have we not invented time travel! I'd go to the future until we have a Republican president.

The Great Depression was ended by the democrats. Oh, and the last republican president was [/quote]great[quote] wasn't he? How many U.S soldiers have died in Iraq now? 4409?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The Great Depression was ended by the democrats.
Are you sure it wasn't World War 2 that ended it?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/GDP_depression.svg/450px-GDP_depression.svg.png

[quote=Wikipedia]The US' entry into the war in 1941 finally eliminated the last effects from the Great Depression and brought the U.S. unemployment rate down below 10%.[57] In the U.S., massive war spending doubled economic growth rates, either masking the effects of the Depression or essentially ending the Depression. Businessmen ignored the mounting national debt and heavy new taxes, redoubling their efforts for greater output to take advantage of generous government contracts.[/quote]

cited section
original source of cited section

Red!
No Blue!
Red is better!
Blue is bad!
Red is worse!

(*I walk in*) "Hey kids, stop arguing, the Republicans are complete and utter Idiots, but so are the Democrats." (*I leave)

~~~Darth Caedus
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I can't help but notice your graph seems to be indicating that things were already on the mend before the war even started with just a slightly steeper improvement with entry into the war.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Also, it was FDR who was president during ww2, so he should get credit for his leadership during the period. And he created the New Deal. So, in my opinion, he's the best president. Ever.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

(*I walk in*) "Hey kids, stop arguing, the Republicans are complete and utter Idiots, but so are the Democrats." (*I leave)

That's equally childish behaviour; generalizing on everything. Like it or not, the cesspool of politicians that exists now is what you have.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I must say, I myself am ABSOLUTELY certain WWII did NOT end the Great Depression.

Sure, the economy in America seemed to stabilize, but the other countries involved in the war fell into their own economic hardships. I'm wondering why war only helped America, but no one else.

As it is, though, we must remember that war is the destruction of lives and resources alike. Imagine all the materials and lives we would still have if we hadn't gone to war. Even if we assume war did bring the U.S. out of the Great Depression, look at the cost.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Sure, the economy in America seemed to stabilize, but the other countries involved in the war fell into their own economic hardships. I'm wondering why war only helped America, but no one else.

Cause you know, America was alone amongst all major powers not to have battles on it?

As it is, though, we must remember that war is the destruction of lives and resources alike. Imagine all the materials and lives we would still have if we hadn't gone to war. Even if we assume war did bring the U.S. out of the Great Depression, look at the cost.

The Americans came out of it well relatively. They had immense industrial power, given the massive build up of war factories that were unscathed, mobilised all that labour, and the lot. War was good for America. It changed their stance out of an isolationist one, and encouraged American capital to flow out into war ravaged markets after the catastrophe which helped establish US overseas businesses.
Showing 151-165 of 255