Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Obama, 2012-2016 President of the United States of America

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 4:58pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,757 posts

No JFK was the best president ever. He sent a man to the moon.

Please tell me that isn't your only reason for saying JFK was the best president ever...

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 5:21pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,112 posts

Please tell me that isn't your only reason for saying JFK was the best president ever...
Fun Fact: People were worried that JFK would follow whatever suggestions the Pope would make, because of his Catholic Religion.

(overcoming this kinda gives him a higher slot on the good/bad president list)

Another Fun Fact: The 2-term/10 year limit for time in the office of the President was officially made law after FDR died during his fourth term (before that it was a tradition.)

p.s. using the above, I wouldn't be surprised if someone compared FDR to Darth Sidious (both went over the standard limit during a war)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 25, '12 at 9:41pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,298 posts

Knight

p.s. using the above, I wouldn't be surprised if someone compared FDR to Darth Sidious (both went over the standard limit during a war)

Can you stop with the SW references and comparisons? They seem fascinating at first glance, but do nothing but confuse with superficial reasoning.

FDR never aimed to be a dictator, he was pushed by war circumstances that he didn't create, whilst Sidious did the inverse.

FDR never instigated one man rule, Sidious did.

FDR doesn't have fantastic magical powers, Sidious did.

FDR didn't wield a red glowstick, Sidious did.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 7:18am

JuiceyBox

JuiceyBox

138 posts

I personally preferred Romney over Obama. I can't really go to detail right now.

Let's just say that Obama was at a state of majorly changing America. And he didn't do as well.

While Romney was at a state of changing America *slightly*. And he did as well as Obama.

I'll explain.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 9:34pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,112 posts

Can you stop with the SW references and comparisons? They seem fascinating at first glance, but do nothing but confuse with superficial reasoning.
I never said that I would make that comparison, but I am sure some people are of a low enough level of intelligence to make the comparison.

FDR never instigated one man rule, Sidious did.
He did get the Senate's approval.

FDR doesn't have fantastic magical powers, Sidious did.
The force comes from the midichlorian life forms, don't ask how it works.

SW references and comparisons?
Would you rather I made references to the Doctor?

@JB, your comment doesn't make much sense.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 9:40pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,298 posts

Knight

He did get the Senate's approval.

That's completely sidestepping the point. He never did make a move to consolidate his rule into anything that was remotely a dictatorship. Granted, he died halfway through, but he still let himself be constrained by Congress. Sidious never did, but steadily increased his powers.

The force comes from the midichlorian life forms, don't ask how it works.

I'm a bigger Star Wars fanboy than you think I am. It was only introduced as a concept in Episode I, which was what enraged most of the older folks as it seemed just a biological accident and coincidence, compared to the spiritual connection many perceived it to be.

Would you rather I made references to the Doctor?

None, unless really necessary as it just goes offtrack.

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 10:43pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,298 posts

Knight

Anyway, sorry for the harshness Jacen, real life affects my internet mood. :|

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 11:54pm

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

531 posts

I Hope Obama makes this country better I dont know abut him pulling a FDR at the moment but America needs alot of change now

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 12:08am

renegadeo

renegadeo

19 posts

So glad I'm up here in Canada with my freezing temperatures instead that chaos that will happen to our friends down south.

My ten cents. I dislike Obama because he promised the pipeline from Alberta's oil sands to Texas and create thousands of jobs for both Americans and Canadians. But no he backs out like a Benedict Arnold. Though on the flip I know Romney changes his mind more than I can count.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 12:34am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,298 posts

Knight

I dislike Obama because he promised the pipeline from Alberta's oil sands to Texas and create thousands of jobs for both Americans and Canadians. But no he backs out like a Benedict Arnold. Though on the flip I know Romney changes his mind more than I can count.

There was an oil leak in June. Of course he had to shut the pipeline down.

Reply to Obama, 2012-2016 President of the United States of America

You must be logged in to post a reply!