ForumsWEPRObama, 2012-2016 President of the United States of America

255 72416
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Well he won.

274-203

Romney got more votes but Obama got more elecrol votes.

COMMENT!

• 255 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

what can i say.... only thing i can say is that i'm happy i don't live in a country whit so much gun loving maniacs as yours.
just check the homicide rating. that tells enough.

You know it's a major crime in Mexico to own a gun, look how well that turned out. Read all of this and see for yourself about gun laws and then think of how well they're turning out. I have a relative of sorts who was born in Mexico and said that there the police are the ones wearing the ski masks (to keep their identity hidden so nobody goes after their family) and the drug dealers (armed drug dealers, what other kind is there in Mexico?) are the ones wearing suites. See how well gun control is working for everyone else?

Can I pass a law here which decrees that no one may post a wild accusation without either proof nor even the faintest inkling of which they speak? For I am tired of people making baseless claims about everything and then being surprised when they are either corrected or ignored.

All right all right fair enough. I'm no expert or anything but couldn't the president do something to stop them from printing all that money?
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

All right all right fair enough. I'm no expert or anything but couldn't the president do something to stop them from printing all that money?

He should have put a stop to it but he didn't. Even if he were to put a stop to it, he would need to have the congress to agree with him and I doubt they would do such a thing unless we have some honest people in congress.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Also, I do not understand the reasoning behind the argument "oh he did so great in the last year, and if he continues that he will save America", what you have to remember though, is that in his first term, Obama's primary objective was to be reelected, and since he can't be now, what reason is their for him to continue his policies.

He brought unemployment rate to a lower level than when he started his first term, he saved the car industry, he killed Osama, etc. Being reelected enables him to continue his policies for four more years and thus also achieve more long-term successes that he wouldn't have been able to do in only one term. I also don't understand your hypocrisy, do you seriously think that any other president would not have worked for his reelection? On the contrary, I would have had doubts about his devotion if he just threw the next presidencial term to others without caring about it.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

He should have put a stop to it but he didn't. Even if he were to put a stop to it, he would need to have the congress to agree with him and I doubt they would do such a thing unless we have some honest people in congress.

True, the House and Senate were both democrat controlled when it was at it's worst if I recall.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

He brought unemployment rate to a lower level than when he started his first term, he saved the car industry, he killed Osama, etc.

Employment rates would have most likely gone up with or without the bailouts.

He saved the car industry by destroying other potential and existing jobs. (If saving jobs and the economy is as simple as bailing out a company, why don't we bail out all failing businesses?)

Obama did NOT kill Osama Bin Laden, it was our military. The military said, "We know where he is, are we authorized to strike?" Anyone in Obama's position would have "killed" Osama. All Obama did was give the okay, and giving Obama credit for the death of Bin Laden is just wrong. The fact Obama has taken credit for this is sickening.

The military did ALL the work, Obama merely did what any person would have done, said "yes".
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Employment rates would have most likely gone up with or without the bailouts.

How can you be sure of that?

He saved the car industry by destroying other potential and existing jobs. (If saving jobs and the economy is as simple as bailing out a company, why don't we bail out all failing businesses?)

In your opinion, what would have happened if an American car industry had failed once more?

And yeah, I admit the killing of Osama isn't a merit of the president. But many Americans attach anything happening during the term of a president to him, so it was worth a try
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The military did ALL the work, Obama merely did what any person would have done, said "yes".

So he shouldn't take credit for doing his part of the job in the process?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

[img=http://factcheck.org/Images/image/2011/Ask_FactCheck_Images/Sorry_Statistics/Report_Card_Corrected(1).gif/]

This is how fact check portrayed Obama's first two years.

Being reelected enables him to continue his policies for four more years and thus also achieve more long-term successes that he wouldn't have been able to do in only one term. I also don't understand your hypocrisy, do you seriously think that any other president would not have worked for his reelection? On the contrary, I would have had doubts about his devotion if he just threw the next presidencial term to others without caring about it.
I never said he wouldn't (shouldn't) work for reelection, I said that is most likely the reason that he enacted his policies, but now since he can't get reelected, he has no reason except for the goodwill of his heart (he's a politician, so I doubt there is any goodwill in his heart, or if he even has a heart) to continue enacting policies to make the US better and not just himself and other politicians/millionaires.

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

[img=http://factcheck.org/Images/image/2011/Ask_FactCheck_Images/Sorry_Statistics/Report_Card_Corrected(1).gif][/img]

lets try that again.

~~~Darth Caedus

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

[img=http://factcheck.org/Images/image/2011/Ask_FactCheck_Images/Sorry_Statistics/Report_Card_Corrected(1).gif/][/img]

Image fix. Oh dear lord I hope I did that right.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

http://factcheck.org/Images/image/2011/Ask_FactCheck_Images/Sorry_Statistics/Report_Card_Corrected(1).gif

sorry Sal, we both failed, so here's the link ^

~~~Darth Caedus

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

So he shouldn't take credit for doing his part of the job in the process?

Not really, Bush was the one who set this all in motion, he even killed the other big terrorist you always heard about, Sadom. But you don't hear about that like you do Obama saying time and time again "Osama bin Laden is dead, Laquada is gone" I'm paragraphing but I've heard him say that so many times in speeches and the debates it's infuriating. Not to mention that first: it is not dead, he may have been he leader but that doesn't end it all, there was recently a terrorist attack that killed four people. NOT DEAD! Secondly: Obama didn't like water boarding, he called it torture and unamrican. If he had his way from before he was president then there would never have been water boarding and he would still be alive. Unless he died of natural causes, which if I recap correctly he had been there for six months and was already dying, which would mean that all Obama did was allow he military to finish him off. Not that the military knew that or anything, but its not like he saved thousands of lives, or stopped the attack that happened a couple of months ago.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Jacen, I don't see why you're so sure that Obama's policies were primarily there to make him reelected. Basically you're saying no president should have a second term for lack of altruistic motivations, or what?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Not really, Bush was the one who set this all in motion, he even killed the other big terrorist you always heard about, Sadom.

I thought Bush did get credit for that? Anyway Sodom I don't recall being the same priority as Osama. As for setting things in motion I can't help to notice how you're giving Bush the good credit fro long term issues but blaming Obama for all the negative impacts from the Bush administration.

Not to mention that first: it is not dead, he may have been he leader but that doesn't end it all, there was recently a terrorist attack that killed four people.

The death of Osama played as a major impact to the organization he lead, but I don't recall anyone claiming that it was the end of it all.

Secondly: Obama didn't like water boarding, he called it torture and unamrican. If he had his way from before he was president then there would never have been water boarding and he would still be alive.

Water boarding is torture. But don' take my word for it, take it from someone who thought it wasn't torture until he experienced it first hand.
Watch Christopher Hitchens Get Waterboarded (VANITY FAIR)

So now you're justifying the use of torture.

All I'm saying is Obama was the one to give the order, so he get's credit for giving that order. The military personnel who found his location and those who carried it out also get credit for those actions.
Showing 106-120 of 255