ForumsPopular MediaMr.Bean

13 5383
TheAwesome_tothemax
TheAwesome_tothemax
12 posts
Nomad

who else loves this awesome and hilarious guy !

• 13 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I've watched it enough times to make a judgment.

I don't think it's funny at all, and it annoys me after I've been watching it for about five minutes, even less when I'm in a bad mood.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

To be honest I truly dislike Mr. Bean with every fiber of my being. I hate the way he looks, doesn't talk, dresses, plots in movies etc...

The real reason I dislike him and his movies is because he doesn't $#*@(!* talk. A movie should consist of a few things:
- Actors and Actresses
- Plot
- Talking

spinmove
spinmove
25 posts
Nomad

Check out Bean The Movie; it's a great comedy I've watched several times and even though Mr. Bean rarely talks the other characters talk like you would normally expect in a movie, this is different from the TV series where almost no one talks.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

The real reason I dislike him and his movies is because he doesn't $#*@(!* talk.

so youve never seen the black adder or johnny enlish....
only his mr.bean character doesn't talk.

and beside there are allot of great movies whitout any speach in it. (most of befor 1935, but still great) you can also tell a story whitout someone talking.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I love almost anything Rowan Atkinson does. I have the Box of Beans on DVD (basically the tv show). I love the Bean character, but his Rowan Atkinson Live about made me fall on the floor from laughing so hard. One thing you can say about it, is it's original.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

so youve never seen the black adder or johnny enlish....
only his mr.bean character doesn't talk.

I do believe this thread is solely on the topic of Mr Bean, not the actual actor, so that's irrelevant of his other films.

and beside there are allot of great movies whitout any speach in it.

I dislike silent movies, and don't know how anyone could sit through one.

you can also tell a story whitout someone talking.

You don't say?
MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

never seen it

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

"Bean, Mister Bean"

Uehoohoo, look teddy!*

This show is absolutely awesome! It is so funny I had "Bean Fever" for a point of time. I loved how the Blue three-wheeled car always got messed up in every episode.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I do believe this thread is solely on the topic of Mr Bean, not the actual actor, so that's irrelevant of his other films.

he used arguments as "I hate the way he looks"
clearly indicating he mend the person.

then you simply have never seen a good one.
and it's possible tho.
i realy dislike drama movies. i dunno how anyone could sit through those slimey obvious fake movies.
everyone it's likings. but people shouldn't cast them away only because they are old and different from todays standard.

You don't say?

VonHeisenbourg doesn't say.
Cristalfox
Cristalfox
142 posts
Blacksmith

I watched the movie and I think it is really good. Bean can make you laugh without talking, his face and moves make you smile.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I have to admit I haven't watched any episode in a really long time, but I remember that the character made me laugh. And the fact he doesn't talk doesn't bother me at all. I think making people laugh isn't as easy as it seems, so I assume that if a character doesn't talk it's even harder.

Although it helps to tell the story, I don't think that talking is needed for a film to be great. There are really good silent films. Are they pretty old? Probably most of them are, but now I remember the film Wall·E. Obviously, it isn't a silent movie, but there's not talking at all in most of it and I really enjoy that.
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Although it helps to tell the story, I don't think that talking is needed for a film to be great. There are really good silent films. Are they pretty old? Probably most of them are, but now I remember the film Wall·E. Obviously, it isn't a silent movie, but there's not talking at all in most of it and I really enjoy that.

I can think of no silent films that I like(d). Nor did I like Wall-E. It was pretty silly and ridiculous!
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I can think of no silent films that I like(d).

Though this may be a bit off-topic, here we have some examples of silent films that I like.

Charlie Chaplin's films where he portrayed the character The Tramp. I totally enjoyed those films when I was little and I still enjoy them now. They're great for me.

There are also Harold Lloyd's films. I haven't watched many of them, to be honest, but I remember something that still amazes me: the iconic clock scene in Safety last.

Nor did I like Wall-E. It was pretty silly and ridiculous!

I enjoyed the first half of the film, but then the humans appeared and everything started to go downhill. Probably, it isn't the best example, but my brain couldn't think of anything else until now.
Showing 1-13 of 13