Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Mr.Bean

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 10:32am

Cristalfox

Cristalfox

130 posts

I watched the movie and I think it is really good. Bean can make you laugh without talking, his face and moves make you smile.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 12:32pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,834 posts

I have to admit I haven't watched any episode in a really long time, but I remember that the character made me laugh. And the fact he doesn't talk doesn't bother me at all. I think making people laugh isn't as easy as it seems, so I assume that if a character doesn't talk it's even harder.

I dislike silent movies, and don't know how anyone could sit through one.

Although it helps to tell the story, I don't think that talking is needed for a film to be great. There are really good silent films. Are they pretty old? Probably most of them are, but now I remember the film Wall·E. Obviously, it isn't a silent movie, but there's not talking at all in most of it and I really enjoy that.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 12:36pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

Although it helps to tell the story, I don't think that talking is needed for a film to be great. There are really good silent films. Are they pretty old? Probably most of them are, but now I remember the film Wall·E. Obviously, it isn't a silent movie, but there's not talking at all in most of it and I really enjoy that.

I can think of no silent films that I like(d). Nor did I like Wall-E. It was pretty silly and ridiculous!

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 1:23pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,834 posts

I can think of no silent films that I like(d).

Though this may be a bit off-topic, here we have some examples of silent films that I like.

Charlie Chaplin's films where he portrayed the character The Tramp. I totally enjoyed those films when I was little and I still enjoy them now. They're great for me.

There are also Harold Lloyd's films. I haven't watched many of them, to be honest, but I remember something that still amazes me: the iconic clock scene in Safety last.

Nor did I like Wall-E. It was pretty silly and ridiculous!

I enjoyed the first half of the film, but then the humans appeared and everything started to go downhill. Probably, it isn't the best example, but my brain couldn't think of anything else until now.

Reply to Mr.Bean

You must be logged in to post a reply!