Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Preview; posts and topics.

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 4:21pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,936 posts

I'm not sure if this was suggested in the past, but in case it hasn't, I'll share an idea I had for the forum; a button next to 'Submit' titled 'Preview' which lets you preview your posts before they are actually posted. This will be beneficial for incorrect links, images, quotes and other bb codes and html to be corrected and will decrease the number of double or triple posts.
Since there has been discussion about the 'edit' button which administrators didn't see as a good move because of probable change of context which some users might abuse and confuse others while viewing forum threads, this however can't be abused and will only improve mutual conversation and understanding.
Please give feedback or agree with me on this topic so that an administrator gives this idea some thought and consideration. Thanks.

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 4:27pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,425 posts

Knight

!

I believe those ideas have been suggested already, we just haven't heard from the staff on them. I like them, by the way.

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 4:31pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,936 posts

!

I believe those ideas have been suggested already, we just haven't heard from the staff on them.

A bit too wide a thread with all sorts of propositions, mine solely focuses on the ability to preview, a feature I personally want to see on the AG forums.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 5:26am

zonic98

zonic98

557 posts

Yes, most forums have this, and why not add it? It can't do any harm.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 11:47am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

11,912 posts

A bit too wide a thread with all sorts of propositions, mine solely focuses on the ability to preview, a feature I personally want to see on the AG forums.

Even though I like your idea fantasylife, the reason they made the overall suggestions thread is to prevent users from making a whole lot of threads each with their own question and have one single place to discuss them.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 4:13pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,936 posts

Even though I like your idea fantasylife, the reason they made the overall suggestions thread is to prevent users from making a whole lot of threads each with their own question and have one single place to discuss them.
Sorry, I wasn't aware of that.
But apart from all the features individual users want, I had a proposition that would prove beneficial that most users might appreciate. Apart from ridiculous requests and some overly demanding ones, while I'm not implying that my idea should have it's own thread, I do believe it's one of the most useful ones to have. It's definitely one of the most requested ones, along with the 'edit' button, which I've discussed in the OP and all of the 'cons' it has.
But if you (or any mod) locks this thread because of your statement above, I will move my idea in the appropriate thread. Just as long as my idea doesn't get lost in the sea of comments there, I'll rest easy -.-'

Reply to Preview; posts and topics.

You must be logged in to post a reply!