An Evony Age I Guide (An MMO Guide)
Posted Nov 8, '12 at 4:22pm
I've contemplated putting this into the MMO section because evony is an MMO game, but then decided against it and put this in the Game Guide section because this is a guide :)
Everything you are about to read is written and thought of by myself. This game guide was originally on the evony forums, but the account that made the guide there is mine (DesertFox) so I've decided to bring it over to AG too.
This is a non-coining guide made over one year ago so it may not be 100% accurate, but it is still pretty good. This guide won't make you a master of the game or unconquerable, however it will make you more informed on this game if you're new to Evony Age I.
Evony (formerly known as Civony) is an Adobe Flash-based multiplayer online game with graphic elements reminiscent of Civilization. The game is set in medieval times, where a player is to establish a city, begin developing various technologies, and build supporting structures and alliances to generate armies and resources for the purpose of attacking other players and in-game opponents. This game is F2P, but you can also P2P. P2P players are harder to beat, but not impossible. If someone says this game is impossible to play F2P it is because they're not skilled at evony, I know this game and have played F2P and P2P, meanwhile P2P is a huge advantage, the players who P2P are not invincible.
*note* From now on collect quest awards when possible and spin your amulets on wheel of fortune if you haven't already (it's on the bottom left of your town/city screen where the construction time is).
11) Do the correspondence quest by mailing a player, click anyones name and then press the write button on the list that pops up. Say anything you want.
*Note* The warehouse is for quest and not important.
22) Build 10 traps, then after completion I suggest you scrap them for resources because later on when you start on wall defenses building those will take little out of your resource stash.
*Note* Don't forget about collecting quests.
27) Collect Package for Lords in the Chest tab.
*Note* If you get battalions from Amulet DO NOT APPLY UNTIL YOU know you can afford it, if your questioning whether you can or can't afford it, then you porbably can't.
29) BT to lvl 3 .
*Note* More hero discussion at bottom of page
35) With all remaining resources attack the city fields and make as many fields as possible, with food production minimal, iron/stone production equal, and wood 1.5 or 2 times as much as all else, seeing as how it's only day one so far (eventually you will scrap all fields so that only one type of field is in your city, but that info is probably in other guides, so please look there for this info, because I think someone else can properly explain it more thoroughly than I). Make 3 columns for wood production, 3 columns for iron production, 1 column for stone production, and one column for food production.
*Note* Please note that you should create NO MORE then 9 cottages.
1) Wall to lvl 3.
1 + 2) Try and get your BT and academy up at least once per day (stop academy at lvl 6-7).
1) Lvl up BT again.
1) Lvl up BT again.
1) Lvl up BT again (this should get it to 8-9) resources permitting.
*Note* The wall defenses will never be agreed upon by everyone
3) All the rest goes to ATs (archer tower's for those of you who forgot)
1) Try to get 20k warr (warriors) today.
*Note* I will not be saying what ballistaes are for or how to use them, there are enough guides on it by more apt people.
*Beware that while using this method you will achieve about 30k prestige, that is a reasonable amount for the first 7 days, but very advanced players that are F2P can achieve up to 100k prestige in the first 7 days.
NPC Farming Guidern
If your hero is a lvl 1 with 70 att, he is better than a lvl 10 with 75 attack because he's easier to lvl up (goto a different guide on info about how to lvl up heros).
If your hero has 60 poli, 55 att, 40 intel, redistribute his stats till most of it is in poli OR (not and) att.
When attacking players if you lose you will have a chance of losing your hero, so when sending attacks to destroy other players layers, honor dumping, SR attacking send bad heros you don't mind losing.
The lvl of importance for heros early on is. 1st a poli hero, then an attack hero and lastly an intel hero.
Please don't flame on this thread because I know these probably aren't the best methods out there, I just made this to help the newer players.
This is my guide on how to make a basic begginer city early on, I did not include information about second cities because I'm not satisfied with my information on how to best make them yet. All of this is what I have learnt and done. I also did not try to explain any alliance info because I think it would be best if people learnt that on their own.
Disclaimer: All this information I have learnt nearly by myself, sure other threads have stated some of this material but I have not intentionally gone about looking at other threads for my info. All this is what I have learnt and done.
A second Disclaimer: This guide was made well over a year ago, and was simply copy-pasted from evony.com, from a thread I created, and a comment I made. The grammar in this thread is probably a little questionable, and might be a little outdated, but it should still serve you well enough.
Posted Nov 8, '12 at 4:25pm