DFBlocks

19 posts

I relly want to make games and im only 11 so this will help alot thxs
(PS. Ill try to make a game by 2013)

Posted Mar 31, '13 at 9:45pm

DFBlocks

DFBlocks

19 posts

Ok if you want to make games and you know the game engine you learn how to code and pare up with a artest or if your a artest you can pare up with a coder

But sound is easy

Posted Apr 12, '13 at 9:06pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

If you want to now how to make us of these tools in a coding perspective a have a thread you might want to check out

(PS. Ill try to make a game by 2013)

If you don't already know how to code or have a valuable skill that someone might want to use. I would recommend that you learn to become valuable before trying to make a game. If you draw art you might want to practice drawing things we have this forum for more creative among us. If you want to code then look at the first thing I said in this post.

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 7:11pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,328 posts

Knight

Anyone know anything about subversion software? Like TortoiseSVN, One of the biggest problems with developing complicated games can be tracking all the changes especially something between multiple people. I know normally Subversion software tend to be hosted on a secure server but I have seen a few tutorials that use it locally. Also know that there are many Online places such as Sourceforge that can aid in larger development. Anyone have any experience with these?

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 7:40pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

Probably Git is the best one but it's a bit complicated but entirely worth it if you have alot of changes and want to something that isn't centralized.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 4:37pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

567 posts

Just to add, in terms of git, the most popular place to go would be github, assuming you don't mind sharing the source or paying for a subscription.

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 5:02am

LlordMaso

LlordMaso

40 posts

I've tried to make a game before it's a simple object oriented program and can be easily used to make 2d games.. 3d game is also possible but lot of codes are needed... try game maker

Posted May 12, '13 at 6:56pm

arc2433

arc2433

17 posts

I have been looking for stuff like this!
Considering I want to make my own games!

Reply to [GUIDE] How to make Games for free

You must be logged in to post a reply!