Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Politics/World Q & A

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 1:44am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Why the government is so corrupted, anywhere in the world? What is the hole in the system that everyone uses?

Simple answer is Man. You can't have anything good, give it to mankind and expect it to still work. Monarchies become tyrannical, Democracies become corrupt, Dictatorships start off as undesirable, and spiral down.

Also what is the difference between monarchy and any other kind of leadership? I mean both are fine, but in monarchy, there is one king, who is controlled by no one, and in the current Democracy things there are different peoples chosen by everyone but controlled by the same persons. So any other differences?

History is written by the victors. Monarchs almost always win. If you had a chance to record yourself in a fashion that will live as long as history-lovers do, would you portray yourself in a glamorous light, or how you were? Not all monarchs were good. Some were notoriously bad.

And, sure, you can claim that Monarchies make an incorruptible person as the leader, but no matter the position of head power, someone lower in the chain can whisper and mutter in the leader's ear, turning him against his people, himself, until the insidious power-player can take the control for himself.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 5:50pm

xerox

xerox

308 posts

I was building a new political system, that is mostly perfect but i dont know for how long. It also will work only if the entire world is united. No chance for working in a single country,

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 12:51am

PanzerTank

PanzerTank

443 posts

What would happen with America's Nation Debt if all nations were to secede from the United States of America? I doubt other countries would be happy with losing trillions of dollars, and I doubt any state would say "hey Europe, and hey Asia we're willing to take on America's old debt."

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 10:58am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

What would happen with America's Nation Debt if all nations were to secede from the United States of America? I doubt other countries would be happy with losing trillions of dollars, and I doubt any state would say "hey Europe, and hey Asia we're willing to take on America's old debt."

devide it by land mass maybe?

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 11:00am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

or something whit amount of the land and population density.
sure we will find a way to devide it even or unevenly. =P

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 11:04am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

sorry for the tripple but i know it now.

we know how much debt per citizen they have.
and if all the states devide then you have to count the amount of people living in the new formed countries. so then you also know how much debt each of them got  =)

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 12:24pm

Coyote421

Coyote421

23 posts

If the U.S. broke into 50 nations the national debt would be placed into the main successor state[s]. I think California, New York, and Florida would be taking up the majority of the debt. Alaska would have the largest land mass but one of the smallest populations. I think Rhode Island would just ask to merge with some other state.

What do the African nations think about South Sudan? Or really any nation? As soon as their nation was formed they kinda disappeared from the news spotlight.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 12:29pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

south sudan isn't doing as good as they hoped.
there is allot of corruption in the top politics there.
the people did not get a better life yet now they don't have to share whit north anymore. but for a different reason then befor. can't say if it's better or worse. just different and just as bad.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 4:01pm

hojoko

hojoko

556 posts

we know how much debt per citizen they have.
and if all the states devide then you have to count the amount of people living in the new formed countries. so then you also know how much debt each of them got  =)

Unfortunately, that's not how national debts work. Nations are kind of like Corporations in that sense. Their debt is limited to the government itself. So while the United States Government might be deeply in debt, it's citizens aren't. The government can increase taxation in an attempt to combat debt, but the citizens don't actually owe any money to foreign powers.

So a separation of states wouldn't lead to a debt per capita, but a debt for each ne nation based on some arbitrary or political agreement. However, since I doubt any states would agree to take on parts of the debt, they'd probably default, and without the protection of a unified market or military, the new American nations would default on their loans and fall apart or be occupied by irate debtors.

Probably.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 4:31pm

PanzerTank

PanzerTank

443 posts

the new American nations would default on their loans and fall apart or be occupied by irate debtors.

I agree with all the above statements made by yourself, however I really don't think the UN would allow "irate debtors" to occupy 50 separate American nations.

Reply to Politics/World Q & A

You must be logged in to post a reply!