Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Louisiana Petitions To Secede

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 11:54pm

PanzerTank

PanzerTank

443 posts

18">http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/3 … ysvAa8B]18 US states file petitions to secede after Obama's victory

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 11:57pm

PanzerTank

PanzerTank

443 posts

Well that didn`t work out as I thought it would, let`s try that again.

Eighteen States Have Now Filed to Petition

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 1:00am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

"these petitions serve more to make a point than to present a serious proposition, they are a physical symbol of the deep resentment for the direction in which the United States is moving under the Obama administration."

In other words.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gvWn9rMIzfY/T2yQrjWqfMI/AAAAAAAACq4/PAW50S3Nc4E/s1600/Cry-Baby-GOP.gif

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 6:13am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

You do realise that a petition is what it is, right, and that is, some bright spark felt that they could get people to agree to a cause, and asked everybody to sign it? Nothing more, right?

That a petition exists only means that it was created, not that it was popular. All one can comment on is the magnitude of the butthurt felt by Obama opponents in that petition being created, regardless of who won in that state. If a significant number of people (and I'm talking a percentage approaching those who did not vote for the Dems) signed that petition, then it might be interesting. Otherwise big deal.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 7:16am

toemas

toemas

315 posts

America could be in a much worse state if not for Obama, and I don't believe it's dying.

how so? president bush had a pretty good Economy with gas at about $1.60 and in bushes 2 terms he raised debt about 4.889 trillion (not that great but just wait) , plus he had 9/11!

now in Obama’s  1st term we have had:  4-5 dollar gas in some places,  he added 6 trillion in debt in [/b]one term he is the most anti-israel president we have ever had,  and we have had 2[b] Scandals bigger than watergate covered up (fast and furious and Bengasi)

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 8:54am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Obama's administration inherited the GFC. Do you suppose you could explain to me how the US's part in the GFC came about?

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 7:24pm

hojoko

hojoko

556 posts

Obama's administration inherited the GFC. Do you suppose you could explain to me how the US's part in the GFC came about?

Ooh! Ooooh! Pick me!

A large part of the Financial Crisis was triggered by the collapse of the Housing Bubble in the United States in 2007 (kind of like the bursting of the Dutch Tulip Bubble in 1637). The collapse resulted from actions by two parties--the American government (in this case, the Bush administration), and Private Banks.

The rapid growth of the United States' real estate market started in 2000, when the Bush administration provided strong incentives for home ownership, even to those who could not normally afford housing. As such, many private banking firms performed inaccurate risk-assessments, loaning money to those whom they would not normally provide loans for. Come 2006, when as more and  more of those loans were defaulted on, not only did the banks lose huge amounts of money, but the values of properties dropped dramatically, causing an estimated $15 trillion in losses.

This was largely a problem because over 70 countries were invested in the United States' housing market, not to mention countless corporations and shareholders. So as investment capitals dropped in the housing market, they dropped for individuals, businesses and countries all around the world.

The causes GFC are, of course, slightly more complex than this, but they can mostly be traced back to the real estate bubble and actions on the part of the Bush Administration.

On another note, the reasons the economy did so 'well' under the Bush administration had nothing to do with the administration itself. Say what you like about Bill Clinton, but the man's administration knew how to handle debt. The Bush administration rendered their efforts null, managing to stop the decrease of the national debt and start big spendin' all over again.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 9:10pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,052 posts

Okay they want to secede :O That just isn't right... If Romney won its not like California is gonna secede (California being heavily democratic)

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 9:34pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,239 posts

Eighteen States Have Now Filed to Petition

seven of those states went for Obama, It would be hilarious is the petitions from the blue states get the required number of signatures. (counting Nevada and Delaware)

I say let Nevada leave.

(*pondering how long until petition from Indian Reservations shows up*)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 9:48pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Honestly, calling the people who want to secede butthurt is a pretty lazy argument. [butthurt = mad] I mean, obviously they're mad, otherwise they wouldn't want to secede.

Anyway, I would actually like to see as many states meet their quota as possible. Obviously they aren't going to be allowed to secede, and I'm sure not enough people will support secession to actually protest and stir major events - whatever they may be. I just want to see how everyone reacts though.

The idea of states seceding, is intriguing. I almost want to see it happen.

Reply to Louisiana Petitions To Secede

You must be logged in to post a reply!