ForumsPopular MediaYoutube Home Layout

12 5618
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So it seems Youtube has once again changed its Home Page layout...thoughts on it? Do you think it looks better? Worse? Any thoughts/ideas on what you would put/remove if you could? etc

• 12 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

What differences have they made?
Looks the same for me.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

This is how it looks. I dislike it. Before I could see only uploaded videos and it would notify me of my messages all on one page, now I have to open up the drop down menu and click subscriptions so I don't see all the other crap they do, and inbox for messages. Overall, bad update. I've also had it for two-three weeks. If I could change it, I'd make it what it previously was... there was nothing wrong with it after all.

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

I wish they would just go back to the more simple page like they had a couple months ago. They keep updating it too make it better but it just keeps making it more confusing and hard to watch my subscribed videos

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Some of the video suggestions say they were uploaded "43 years ago" even though when you click on them, the dates return to normal.

I'm getting tired of YouTube changing its layout every few months. I use YouTube to search and watch for videos, and I'm sure most YouTube viewers use it for just that as well. They really don't need to keep changing things; it's not like people are just going to stop using YouTube because the layout doesn't change frequently enough.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well I can't say I'm happy with YouTube changing the layout all the time, but this one is better than the previous for me, it's less clutter and more simplicity.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

@Matrix, mine looks a bit different than that.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ai9h2.jpg

Anyhow, it could be just because I'm not signed in?

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

http://i47.tinypic.com/2qdz9qb.png

I always just click my account name and then go to subscriptions. It looks much better this way.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Jewel - I'm subscribed to a lot of people, having to do that for all of them would be a waste of time. I'm getting used to having to go to subscriptions, so it doesn't matter much. I just wish that they would make their new layouts optimal...

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

YouTube has a new layout? Honestly I couldn't tell the difference when I looked just now... it looks about the same as it did last time I checked, which was probably a number of days ago. And I don't remember it being any different then either!

Cristalfox
Cristalfox
142 posts
Blacksmith

I don't think that Youtube needs to change the layout, but I think it is better now. Honestly it doesn't matter how it looks as long as I can find what I am looking for.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Meh. Its alright. I didnt really notice it.
By the way, I have been trying to download my own video onto my mac from youtube, but I dont know how. Help?

Showing 1-11 of 12