Tom & Jerry VS SpongeBob Squarepants
Dragon Ball Z VS Bakugan
Looney Tunes VS Phineas and Ferb

• 29 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I'm pretty sure this has been made before somewhere.. But anyways, I prefer the old ones way more, even though I am 18, I'd watch any of those cartoons over any series or sitcoms of today.

Btw Spongebob is pretty old, the show is like 12 years old.
And the only show I think I'd watch that is better than an old one is Adventure Time. xD

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Old pokemon is better that the new pokemon. Pikachu always starts over at like level 5 in every region they begin in. But I guess it makes sense since he would be overpowered. Old Spongebob is also better than the newer Spongebob. New SB can give you a laugh here a there. Every character is stupid now. Sandy and Mrs.Puff haven't been making a lot of appearances. Correct me if I'm wrong I don't watch these everyday.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Sandy and Mrs.Puff haven't been making a lot of appearances.

Mrs. Puff seems to be straight up gone from the show...but Sandy still makes appearances every now and then...but when she does it seems to not be for very long at all
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Scoby Doo VS Johny Test
Pokemon VS Chaotic
Yu-gi-oh! VS Adventure Time
Dragon Ball Z VS Bakugan

scooby doo
pokemon
i dunno them
tom and jerry
i dislike both
i like both
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I have to admit that I'm not familiar with some of the old cartoons on the list. Maybe I'm too old...

In general, I prefer the old cartoons because those were the ones I watched when I was little and I had tons of fun with them. Besides, I still enjoy some of them (like Tom & Jerry and The Looney Tunes) when I have the chance to watch them on TV.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Johnny Test.
Pokemon.
Adventure Time.
Spongebob Squarepants.
(don't now anything about either)
Both.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Scoby Doo VS Johny Test
Pokemon VS Chaotic
Dragon Ball Z VS Bakugan

All the old ones, though I never really cared for Pokemon. I mainly stuck to the movies. Only new cartoons I cared to watch were Flapjack and Young Justice, but Flapjack ended/was cancelled and Young Justice hasn't had a new episode in a while.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Out of those; I've only ever watched Yu-Gi-Oh, Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Wanted to point something out...the cartoon versing each other have no correlation to one another to judge them on..

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Scoby Doo VS Johny Test
Pokemon VS Chaotic
Dragon Ball Z VS Bakugan

Scooby Doo VS Johny Test
Pokemon VS Chaotic
Dragon Ball Z VS Bakugan

I used to watch all the bolded text when I was a young kid, I loved the plot, characters and everything really.

There are only three shows here I've never seen before, Dragon Ball Z, Bakugan and Phineas and Ferb.
Cristalfox
Cristalfox
142 posts
Blacksmith

I prefer the older ones, almost everything new has already been seen.
Scoby Doo VS Johny Test
Pokemon VS Chaotic
Dragon Ball Z VS Bakugan

Scoby Doo
Pokemon
Yu-gi-oh
T & J
Dragon Ball Z ( when I was little I loved the show )
P & F

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Scoby Doo VS Johny Test
Pokemon VS Chaotic
Dragon Ball Z VS Bakugan

Scoby-doo
Pokemon
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Tom & Jerry
Dragon Ball Z
Cant decide on the last one, both are very good. Looney Tunes are much more funny, but Phineas and Ferb is much more interesting.

But this is supposed to be New VS Old

So
Animation VS Drama, with Selana Gomez and Justin Bieber, and few more in some realistic messed up stories, with zero animations.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Okay, first of all, why is Yu-Gi-Oh considered an "old" cartoon and Spongebob a "new" cartoon when Spongebob first aired in 1999 and the Yu-Gi-Oh TV series first aired in 2000?

I happen to like Scooby Doo better than all the others, but I grew up with it, and I went out of my way to grow up with it. I still love it to this day and I'll often watch old episodes from my extensive DVD collection.

Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes are classics, but sad to say they don't have too much more going for them. Episodes don't vary significantly in either series, so aside from the characters themselves and the general premises of the shows themselves, one episode is generally not more memorable than another.

Aside from Spongebob, which I think is one of the most brilliant cartoons of all-time, I haven't really watched enough of the "new" cartoons to form an opinion about them.

indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

I forgot to add Dexters Lab to the old ones.I watched more new cartoons,but I like the old ones more.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I haven't really watched enough of the "new" cartoons to form an opinion about them.

Phineas and Ferb is brillant aswell.
a simple concept replaying in every episode. but it just works.
Showing 1-15 of 29