Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Black Belts (or other martial artists)

Posted Nov 17, '12 at 7:34pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

I forgot to mention that i do ITF. and belts went white, white with yellow stripe. yellow, yellow with green stripe. green, green with blue stripe. blue, blue with red stripe, red, red with black stripe, black. and depending on your age when you start, its either one or 5 tests between white and white with yellow stripe. so yeah. all of that was 6 years for me. I did a lot of breaking but my instructor believed in letting kid's bones grow fully rather than possibly damaging them while they are still growing. my best was 2 inches of solid pine with one side kick and the same thickness with a back kick when i was 11. so yeah.

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 2:16pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

734 posts

we had that but we had 1 test for each belt and now we have 6 belts because schools changed and we have white yellow green blue and brown then the 10 blacks

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 11:52pm

shock457

shock457

469 posts

I am Black Belt 3rd degree in Tae Kwon Do.

Seems that BlackBeltr is jealous. XD

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 7:40am

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

734 posts

No, Great Job though
I am Teaching classes and for having my black belt at 10 and 2nd degree at 12 and teaching all those years. Now i am going to be going to more tournaments and I have already placed in the Tae Kwon DO hall of fame.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 1:24pm

Slayyerz

Slayyerz

8 posts

wow youre good at martial arts im 12 and i dont do martial arts. I suck.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 3:55pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,148 posts

Knight

Minotaur55

YEah u would be a blackbelt i have talked to u before

I could be, but again, I am not sure because my training was unorthodox cause of the lack of "Belt Ranking". I have trained in 7 Martial Arts and am still learning over time, so it isn't like I am a master or a sensei or something. At the moment I am learning fatal points in the human body and how to disable someone with simple and non sophisticated maneuvers. So I might be somewhere between 2nd degree black belt and 3rd degree black belt.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 5:02pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

734 posts

SOUNDS GREAT keep it up

Yeah um.. They call the Human body take outs Hopkedo i think i spelled it wrong and that is like joint controls a little different from Kedo which is controls. Non-breaking joints.

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 9:30pm

powerrock

powerrock

4 posts

i did a lesson on Tae kwon do, both my dad and couson are black belts and I'm extermly good at punching and kicking

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 10:40pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,635 posts

Knight

Used to do Taekwondo, but have quit....too little time now.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 10:03am

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

734 posts

powerrock: Great thats cool lots of Tae kwon do people!

Reply to Black Belts (or other martial artists)

You must be logged in to post a reply!