Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Black Belts (or other martial artists)

Posted Apr 7, '13 at 1:39am

Acetheterrible13

Acetheterrible13

358 posts

I was very young when my parents first wanted me to do it and I did not realize that there was a LOT of discipline involved and not all just kicking people in the chest and knocking them into a wall 30 feet away. Needless to say I was out the door before the instructor got to the third rule.

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 4:52pm

SonOfVader

SonOfVader

113 posts

I've been Judo since I was little. It's one of those few non-bull**** martial arts that actually works.
I've done some Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) as well, but that's more a combat sport than a martial art.

Posted Apr 20, '13 at 3:09pm

mikacinikac

mikacinikac

379 posts

I have blue Belt in Aikido!
=)

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 12:49am

alovera1

alovera1

239 posts

I am a green sash in Tai Yen tao None of you people would know this style its just in my community.

Posted Jun 24, '13 at 12:04pm

mybrand24

mybrand24

41 posts

I know Muay Thai and i'm pretty good at throwing knives

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 12:17pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

736 posts

Acetheterrible13: Yes LOTS of Discipline. I guess you could not Wait to hear the 3rd LOL

SonOfVader: Hello MR. Skywalker LOL Yes Judo dose work so do other martial arts if you are trained correctly, Thanks for sharing.

mikacinikac: Nice Way to advance. I do not know much about Aikido is it grappling???

alovera1: Sounds REALLY COOL, hey the best part of an "unknown martial art" or little known about it is In FIghts others don't know what to expect. :D

mybrand24: Never heard of it but then again thats cool too. I have never gotten my hands on throwing knives but i bet it takes practice and can be fun.

Well thanks for all the comments now for My update.

I am NOT teaching anymore :( The Studio i went to closed but i transferred to a different school and am still a 2nd degree buy now i am getting involved in KARATE and jiujitsu as well as tangsoodo and Tae Kwon Do (YAY TKD)

Posted Dec 23, '13 at 1:12pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

736 posts

Little update guys,

I have recently moved (again) to another studio. The studio teaches the same style TKD an everything else. I am really excited. I if knew how to do pics i would, but I don't (NOOB) sorry! :D

I hope you all are continuing in the martial arts trail

~~ 2nd Degree Black Belt Black~~

Posted Jan 5, '14 at 4:40am

idont

idont

3 posts

well I started sambo now systema sucked :P but sambo is awesome :)

Posted Feb 22, '14 at 8:49pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

662 posts

I have some experience with MMA. Although I've never taken any formal classes yet, I have learned a lot from some great guys that really know their stuff.
(Thanks Raffi!)

Posted Feb 22, '14 at 10:46pm

LaurenLouise1507

LaurenLouise1507

65 posts

I used to do karate and I got a yellow belt, I never turned up to receive my orange belt (oops).
I am currently doing kickboxing, but I only have a white belt *sigh*, I've only been doing it around 5/6 weeks.

Reply to Black Belts (or other martial artists)

You must be logged in to post a reply!