ForumsThe TavernPhones

24 3594
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Basically; anything about phones.
What type of phone do you have?
What type of phone do you think is best?
Anything else in relation to phones, I guess.

• 24 Replies
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I used to believe I didn't need a cellphone... and then I got one.
I used to believe I didn't need a smartphone... and then I got one.
Now? Now I may have a problem. I get a discounted upgrade every 2 years (data usage is important to me so sprint's unlimited data is something I love even with the rarity of 4G connections) but I start thinking about upgrades after only a couple of months. I loved the fact that my brick phone could take a beating and go a month without charging but at this point I think my heart would stop if I got more than 30 feet from my Android Evo 4G. I will undoubtedly get an upgrade next September (hopefully something with the Exynos processor if Samsung can get it working with LTE so that it's available in the U.S.) and start planning my next upgrade 2 months after that, although whatever it is will have a screen at least as big as my Evo and hopefully bigger so that it's easy for my big hands to use. Seriously, the iPhone 5 is miniscule to me after using the Evo for over a year.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I haven't had a phone in 3 years.

http://www.gobraithwaite.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/7.jpg

That's the extent of it. I may or may not replace it in the near or far future. In actual words, I don't need one to survive but it would be convenient once in a while.

Get this: if I had an unlimited plan and a half-decent smart phone, I could use the equivalent amount of cash spent on payments in a year and buy a decent car instead.

toprichieboy
toprichieboy
82 posts
Nomad

This discussion sounds like bananas. iBananas, coming to a banana near you.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

The only thing that I don't like about the Iphone is that it is very susceptible to damage

Yeah, they are best thing to do is get a case for it or a cover.
Blackberries break pretty easily too, from what I've heard, a friend of mine dropped his about 10 feet before and it smashed in pieces.

I could use the equivalent amount of cash spent on payments in a year and buy a decent car instead.

Just out of curiosity, how much is that?
ShadowArchon
ShadowArchon
154 posts
Shepherd

I have a white blackberry curve. Personally, I use a phone to text and call people, and sometimes browse the web. I don't feel the need for a fancy-shmancy phone.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

How much was your phone?

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I have an iPhone 4, but it's old already.

Lol... Really it doesn;t make THAT much sense due to other phones like flip phones lol... But yeah with the way Apple makes things In a few months we'll probably have an iPhone 6 lol...
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Really it doesn;t make THAT much sense due to other phones like flip phones lol...

Flip phones are old now? Anyone remember those 2-ton phones where you had to slide the antenna upwards to get a connection?

Yeah, a flip phone doesn't sound too bad... =P
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Just out of curiosity, how much is that?

About $1500. There's a nice 2002 Chevy Silverado in good condition down the road from here that costs as much.
Showing 16-24 of 24