ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWorking Title - It's a Salvidious Game

202 69718
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Welcome folks.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to meet up with a couple long-time friends. For months I've been trying to get a hold of them, and now that I have we'll start on our first flash game for AG. Before we actually start making the game, we'll need to learn some fancy flash code stuff so we know what we're doing. I know bits and pieces, but not enough to make a half-decent game. We have 9 months to get the game's blueprints done, but we'll have to balance school as well. Production will take a month, or maybe two.

Anyway, I'll be doing general bug testing and graphic work, while the other guys will be doing the other stuff. Sounds like we have everything covered, right? No. We need a story. I want to include some interesting characters from the site, but we need help. I'll be popping in every once in a while to write bits and pieces because the main story will most likely fall into my lap.

The guys liked my username so much we're naming our baby production Salvidious Games. Do me proud, and be in a game.

So, to start things off, I'll need a setting. Throw your ideas out there; I need places, times, the whole shabang. I also need an exciting plot. In the plot, we need characters. Nominate yourself as a character, give some traits. Write a book.

Get going folks!

• 202 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Stuck at the office for a while. Hit me up with questions!

Man bro, that really sucks. Too much ice on the ground to go anywhere?

So why don't you (Paul) get an AG account so you can actually talk to us?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Paul:

Man bro, that really sucks. Too much ice on the ground to go anywhere?

Yessir.

So why don't you (Paul) get an AG account so you can actually talk to us?

'Cause Salvidian is kind of a centralized account for us. We'll be Salvidious Games, after all! Besides, it's easier just to give Ron the message to pass on to you guys.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Besides, it's easier just to give Ron the message to pass on to you guys.

So basically you don't have time or are just too lazy to hit a few buttons to make one?

Can you have Ron get me a pizza?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Another post from Paul:

So basically you don't have time or are just too lazy to hit a few buttons to make one?

Both, my good Daleks! That, and we find it more organized to have one account here.

Can you have Ron get me a pizza?

:O
Ron!? Stooping to the demeaning position of delivering pizzas!?

John! Get this poor dinosaur a pizza! Now!*

*John is our pizza guy.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

John! Get this poor dinosaur a pizza! Now!*

*John is our pizza guy.

Ya but I don't know John as well as Ron. So I would feel bad making him get me a pizza. Not Ron on the other hand...
That, and we find it more organized to have one account here.

Makes sense, just make sure he doesn't give himself all the credit when he posts it here.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Paul left the room. QUICK! TO THE COMPUTER!

Ya but I don't know John as well as Ron. So I would feel bad making him get me a pizza. Not Ron on the other hand...

>:O
I'll fire John for that! He makes a fantastic scapegoat.

Makes sense, just make sure he doesn't give himself all the credit when he posts it here.

*Hogs credit*
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I'll fire John for that! He makes a fantastic scapegoat.

Well you didn't get that pic up of me when Paul said it would be up, so I assume her already fired you.
*Hogs credit*

Credit for pigs? Seems kinda pointless.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Another question...can we get links to some of y'alls past work? I'm playing detective ^-^

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Well you didn't get that pic up of me when Paul said it would be up, so I assume her already fired you.

Who's to say I'm not already fired?

Credit for pigs? Seems kinda pointless.

You'd think so.

Another question...can we get links to some of y'alls past work? I'm playing detective ^-^

Cody:
Hi guys, this Cody, and I'm replying to pangtongshu's post. Basically I have done a lot of stuff with Blizzard, the company that made World of Warcraft. I have taken care of a lot of maintenance relating to the MMO parts of the game, like communication systems and the like. I have also done some stuff with Ron - stuff that isn't online anywhere.

Alex:
Hey everybody. I am Alex and I wanted to talk to that Pang samurai guy quick. I have contributed to a lot of the games on Addicting Games, but this is my first game I'll actually take credit for. Like a lot of the other guys here, we have done some offline stuff and some major projects with other companies. I know Ron helped Jagex take care of some private server problems, and Cody worked with Blizzard. Paul does a lot of stuff, like local stuff where he helps website builders around his town get popular. I dunno about the other guys though.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Who's to say I'm not already fired?

I would assume to fire somebody would mean that you have to still be on the team.
I am Alex and I wanted to talk to that Pang samurai guy quick.

Mother of God! Alex, pang is going to kill you for capitalizing his name. Run man, Run!
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Mother of God! Alex, pang is going to kill you for capitalizing his name. Run man, Run!

Alex:
He likes pang instead? Sorry pang!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

He likes pang instead? Sorry pang!

Hmm..I shall let this pass >_> But oh my lerwd..if I see a capital p in my name in the game..oh here go hell come haha
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Did you have any big problems while making the making the game so far?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Bueno. ¿Y tú?

Muy beine, gracias. Erm... taco taco quesadilla. No tengo pantalones.
I didnt take much spanish.
Here's a little sumthin' sumthin' for Daleks

Can I see mine?
If it isnt awesome enough, I eat Sal/Ron/dalek`s pizza guy
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

:O I just thought of a question relevant to the game!

So once the game is out will you take suggestions on what to do better and update the game as you see fit?

Showing 136-150 of 202