ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWorking Title - It's a Salvidious Game

202 69716
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Welcome folks.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to meet up with a couple long-time friends. For months I've been trying to get a hold of them, and now that I have we'll start on our first flash game for AG. Before we actually start making the game, we'll need to learn some fancy flash code stuff so we know what we're doing. I know bits and pieces, but not enough to make a half-decent game. We have 9 months to get the game's blueprints done, but we'll have to balance school as well. Production will take a month, or maybe two.

Anyway, I'll be doing general bug testing and graphic work, while the other guys will be doing the other stuff. Sounds like we have everything covered, right? No. We need a story. I want to include some interesting characters from the site, but we need help. I'll be popping in every once in a while to write bits and pieces because the main story will most likely fall into my lap.

The guys liked my username so much we're naming our baby production Salvidious Games. Do me proud, and be in a game.

So, to start things off, I'll need a setting. Throw your ideas out there; I need places, times, the whole shabang. I also need an exciting plot. In the plot, we need characters. Nominate yourself as a character, give some traits. Write a book.

Get going folks!

• 202 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

This is what we'll probably go with for pang:
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg606/Salvidian/e7e50885-1620-4832-b3ee-ef69e1f97902_zpsef58d628.jpg

Mind you, this is just the shape. We'll be putting in a lot of detail and the colors will be changed. Plus we'll put a face in, some designs, etc. Just wanted to get your opinion before I started.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

What is pang supposed to be again?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

One last post before bed...

He's supposed to be samurai, hence the helmet and baggy (but stylish) pants.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Like the shape so far!

If you guys wouldn't mind..taking the red part in the hat would be great..to make it more like a conical hat. But if you guys want to keep it in then you may haha

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

We were actually trying to do something like these, but I could look at doing a Samurai Jack type of character if you want.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It's a pickpocket without the hat.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Question: What is that red thing on my face that makes me look somewhat like the Amnesia guy?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Question: What is that red thing on my face that makes me look somewhat like the Amnesia guy?

Answer: Will be revealed in the story. It's a scar, but it has some background.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Answer: Will be revealed in the story. It's a scar, but it has some background.

Obviously I attacked him. He probably called me shovel or something.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I has te bestest idea! You should have skins and things that we can change by doing stuff in game, and one for daleks would be that he is just a floating shovel! Its genius!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

one for daleks would be that he is just a floating shovel! Its genius!

I have a question for the creators. Do you value your lives? Because I would find you. And kill you. I could go into details but I do not think that is needed.
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

ooh, can I be a character? I just want to be some guy/ghost in a /classy/ fedora.

if not, das okay.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

ooh, can I be a character?

It is a little too late I think man. They should be roughly a 1/3 done with the game right now (including planning and stuff). So sorry man but I am 99% sure that they will not be able to squeeze you in.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

If daleks can be a shovel, then can Killersup be a dinosaur?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

If daleks can be a shovel, then can Killersup be a dinosaur?

Why not?

And thanks daleks. Right on the money there.
Showing 166-180 of 202