ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWorking Title - It's a Salvidious Game

202 69717
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Welcome folks.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to meet up with a couple long-time friends. For months I've been trying to get a hold of them, and now that I have we'll start on our first flash game for AG. Before we actually start making the game, we'll need to learn some fancy flash code stuff so we know what we're doing. I know bits and pieces, but not enough to make a half-decent game. We have 9 months to get the game's blueprints done, but we'll have to balance school as well. Production will take a month, or maybe two.

Anyway, I'll be doing general bug testing and graphic work, while the other guys will be doing the other stuff. Sounds like we have everything covered, right? No. We need a story. I want to include some interesting characters from the site, but we need help. I'll be popping in every once in a while to write bits and pieces because the main story will most likely fall into my lap.

The guys liked my username so much we're naming our baby production Salvidious Games. Do me proud, and be in a game.

So, to start things off, I'll need a setting. Throw your ideas out there; I need places, times, the whole shabang. I also need an exciting plot. In the plot, we need characters. Nominate yourself as a character, give some traits. Write a book.

Get going folks!

• 202 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Why not?

What part of valuing your lives do you not get or do you not value them?
And thanks daleks. Right on the money there.

Do I get money?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What part of valuing your lives do you not get or do you not value them?

You evidently don't realize how good it sounds.

"Daleks the shovel" sounds natural.

Do I get money?

I don't know if you get money or not. I don't give you any, so unless you get some from someone else, no.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

"Daleks the shovel" sounds natural.

I should have never posted that shovel was my nickname.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I should have never posted that shovel was my nickname.

I should have never posted this thread. Now people are expecting a game they'll never get...

...I've said too much.

JK
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

What is this? I read the OP and everything but I just don't understand it.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

We are currently debating whether or not Shovel should a dinosaur or a shovel in Sal`s new game.
Shovel=Shovel. Nuff said.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Where be the game :P it been 4 months and the OP said 2 ROFL, anywho all games need pie my suggestion is pie and without pie the game will fail~~~~~

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

O.o this is pre-production I guess...dunno hows the mechanics of the game going?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

We are currently debating whether or not Shovel should a dinosaur or a shovel in Sal`s new game. Shovel=Shovel. Nuff said.

O darn. Too bad Sal already slaved over my character art. We wouldn't want his hard work to go to waste.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Don't worry daleks. I can probably create a mean shovel picture for you! Now if Sal could just change the story a little, we would be all set.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What is this? I read the OP and everything but I just don't understand it.

I'm making a game. 'Nuff said.

Where be the game :P it been 4 months and the OP said 2 ROFL, anywho all games need pie my suggestion is pie and without pie the game will fail~~~~~

What? It says,
We have 9 months to get the game's blueprints done, but we'll have to balance school as well. Production will take a month, or maybe two.

That's 9 months, Hect.

O.o this is pre-production I guess...dunno hows the mechanics of the game going?

We're working on a beta for the first levels.

And I want to see daleks the shovel. Lemme see. I'll make it a Quest or something.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

And I want to see daleks the shovel. Lemme see. I'll make it a Quest or something.

Strike Purdue off your list. I will kill you if I see you.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Yes! I have won the battle of shovel! You all shall bow down to me and my girly sidekick!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Since this is 20 pages in, I suggest that you give a little recap as to what you have so far. I mean, you have at least a setting right now, right?

If you do, then I can make a full plot n' stuff for you. Won't take me longer than an afternoon or so.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

@Thoad
I'd be happy to recap when I get home to my desktop. I already have a plot, a setting, the characters, the dialogue, and everything related finished. A lot of the stuff that's been happening with the game has been happening off of AG.

Showing 181-195 of 202