Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Working Title - It's a Salvidious Game

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 7:01pm

daleks

daleks

3,706 posts

:O I just thought of a question relevant to the game!

So once the game is out will you take suggestions on what to do better and update the game as you see fit?

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 5:32pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Did you have any big problems while making the making the game so far?

Our former sound guy quit a few weeks ago, but he's already been replaced. Alex isn't familiar with AS3, but he's learning it. Otherwise, no. Everything else has been running like clockwork.

Can I see mine?

Later. Prolly.

So once the game is out will you take suggestions on what to do better and update the game as you see fit?

If we have access to AG's API, yes. Because it'll be released as an MMO, I can almost guarantee it. We'll probably add achievements too, if we get the privilege.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 10:00pm

daleks

daleks

3,706 posts

If we have access to AG's API, yes.

API???
We'll probably add achievements too, if we get the privilege.

Quests. Get it right. But one should be "Be in the game!"Jk. That would be awesome though.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 4:33pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

API???

It's like a little network on the AG site that the developers have access to. They can use it to make changes to their game.

Quests. Get it right. But one should be "Be in the game!"Jk. That would be awesome though.

I am seriously considering this.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 6:50pm

daleks

daleks

3,706 posts

I am seriously considering this.

While I would love it I would have to advise against it. It isn't really fair to all the other people because there would be no way that they could get it.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 7:27pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

While I would love it I would have to advise against it. It isn't really fair to all the other people because there would be no way that they could get it.

Either we'd make the Quest legacy or we'd have alternate ways of getting it. Like, per say, you could either be in the game or send in a certain number of suggestions via the chat system. It'd be like a "major contributor" Quest.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 11:16pm

daleks

daleks

3,706 posts

I think you would just have a hard time getting that pasted the AG guys. But hey, if you can great. It would get people to actually post helpful comments about the game.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 11:18pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Oh, no doubt. But I don't even know where to start with creating a game-to-site achievement system. Maybe Dan and the gang do that stuff for the devs.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 11:24pm

daleks

daleks

3,706 posts

I think they do it. If you make the achievement in the game then they should make quests out of them.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 11:31pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Alright. I'll have to ask someone else to do because I don't have much authority there.

And working a little late finishing pang and pick's stuff for tonight. Will get them up tomorrow... Probably. You know me, it takes forever.

Reply to Working Title - It's a Salvidious Game

You must be logged in to post a reply!