ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWorking Title - It's a Salvidious Game

202 69713
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Welcome folks.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to meet up with a couple long-time friends. For months I've been trying to get a hold of them, and now that I have we'll start on our first flash game for AG. Before we actually start making the game, we'll need to learn some fancy flash code stuff so we know what we're doing. I know bits and pieces, but not enough to make a half-decent game. We have 9 months to get the game's blueprints done, but we'll have to balance school as well. Production will take a month, or maybe two.

Anyway, I'll be doing general bug testing and graphic work, while the other guys will be doing the other stuff. Sounds like we have everything covered, right? No. We need a story. I want to include some interesting characters from the site, but we need help. I'll be popping in every once in a while to write bits and pieces because the main story will most likely fall into my lap.

The guys liked my username so much we're naming our baby production Salvidious Games. Do me proud, and be in a game.

So, to start things off, I'll need a setting. Throw your ideas out there; I need places, times, the whole shabang. I also need an exciting plot. In the plot, we need characters. Nominate yourself as a character, give some traits. Write a book.

Get going folks!

• 202 Replies
The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Year 2123. ( well duh, 3501 is too futuristic for my idea.)

100 years after robots took over the world.

After everything holy and beautiful and emotional became cold metal.

After everything began.

They suddendly attacked, when all our hopes were high. Some resisted. Some tried to flee. Some fighted back.

Useless. Everything was useless.

Now the Robot King and his epically and incredibly ridicolous hat
(seriously, WTF? ) reign over Earth.

Flagballons roam the lands, raining hell on the last rebels.

Robot armies raze our last bastions, killing our childrens.

Horrible abominations roam the lands, powerful in their metallic blood.

What can be done now?

------

"Some tea, ol'chap?"

"Thanks, Johnson. it's enough."

The Gentleman took the little cup.

"We have important news. We created some weapons that...exceptionally damage robots."

The boss of the secret services adjusted his tie.

"And you want me to use them ,right?"

"Bright like always, my friend. You can head to the safehouse for the equipment."

The Gentleman finished his tea.

"Sure. I'l do that later."

"You're doing a great service to your country, my friend. Thanks."

The man leaved.

The secret agent remained alone. He runned his hand across his ancient cane.

A blade popped up. Perfectly sharp. Perfectly clean. Perfectly lethal.

The Gentleman got up, adjusted his tophat, and leaved.

The sun tipped his hat behind him.

-------

Dlaeks opened his eyes.

He was immersed in some sort of blue liquid. But it wasn't water.

Wait, he could still breath?

Incredible as it may sound, he was breathing underwater.

The dino seen some shiny figures after the water ended. They reminded him of the small shiny rocks he would occasionally see in the plains.

He walked- no, swimmed- to them, wanting to get back to solid ground.

Bonk!

Daleks stopped. An invisible barrier blocked him.

Oh well.

He hitted it again. And again.

One of the small tin cans looked at him. How funny. It had funny eyes.

He was about to touch something on what looked like a lot of the strange rock. Some of them even had different colors.

Suddendly, something exlpoded. Pieces of something hitted the tin can.

What's happening?

The dino finally managed to break the barrier and jump in the ground. The tin cans were all going in one direction. Something was there- something big.

Daleks didn't care. He wanted to get out of there. He was hungry.

The dino runned to the closer exit.

Light! Food! Water! Beautiful female tyrannosaurus!

The fllor opened. He falled. In the darkness.

-----

I may make other ones later. This is basically the prologue. I already have the entire story in mind, though.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

@Sal
Sounds alright, but needs my sarcasm. Also, I think that "suspicious activity" would have been better than a busted leg. By that I mean looking for a way out. I liked the intro. And perhaps we could add skeleton pilot into my story line. We could have it the crane crushed SP and I tried to burry him, then I got in trouble.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

@Sal
Sounds alright, but needs my sarcasm. Also, I think that "suspicious activity" would have been better than a busted leg. By that I mean looking for a way out. I liked the intro. And perhaps we could add skeleton pilot into my story line. We could have it the crane crushed SP and I tried to burry him, then I got in trouble.

I am currently making an intro for you too. Do you have any requests? Guidelines I should follow? It's your character, after all.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Wat happened with meh?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Wat happened with meh?

We can't do werewolves because that's too outlandish. It wasn't my choice. Remember, this is a collaborative project. You can be something else, but no werewolves.

@Sal

Working it in!
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I am currently making an intro for you too. Do you have any requests? Guidelines I should follow? It's your character, after all.

I would think that something along the lines of the gang one would work with a little editing. My was just quick, sloppy and a way to get my ideas out.
And as far as my character, you guys know me. Capture me in all my awsomeness. Like I said, sarcastic humor is important. My character should be less serious than others. Humor. Me gusta.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Ah.. ok im quitting I really wanted to be some cute animal, and the wolf was lucky guess by the guy who made the chars. The game is getting to weird for me anyway

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

A very crude animation done in about 20 minutes for pickpocket's introduction. He's in the jail cell to the left. I'll do the full thing when we're ready to move on.

Ah.. ok im quitting I really wanted to be some cute animal, and the wolf was lucky guess by the guy who made the chars. The game is getting to weird for me anyway

Bye. We could have used a robot character or something, but it's your decision.

To recap:
-Platformer
-Set in future
-Robots are overlords
-Playable characters are rebels
-Possible Multiplayer

I've also talked with the guys about beta testing, and WE WILL do beta testing in a month or so. The beta testing will most likely be open-source, meaning anyone will be able to do it.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I liked the bots. As for me, I feel that I need more detail, but I think you can handle that.
As you said, this is only the beginning.
I would wright an intro myself, had I not been procrastinating and realizing that I have a test tomorrow.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

pickpocket with some more detail. I'm trying to keep that black and white color scheme with a bit of red thrown into each CB. I'll have to go back and re-do pang's CB to match the motif.

You can always go here and check out my still images. My animations aren't there because Photobucket sucks at animations.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

One more update for the day.

@Coyote
Looked over your stuff and it looks interesting. I'll see if we can do something like that, but I don't know how coyotes will work. I'll sleep on it.

pang made according to the motif. I gave him a head and a torso because that "confuzzled" people. :P

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Nice. A few suggestions that mite make it better.
And in a hat. You know. The classic robber hats.
Could I loose a few pounds?
It might look better if the stirpes are bigger.
Just some thoughts.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I was going to do a hat, but it ended up looking like Curly from the 3 Stooges. I'm as good at hats as I am at suits. I'll thin it out too. The strips will look weird if they're too thick, but I'll see what I can do.

We're starting the beta version in about 2 weeks. There'll be minimal graphics and very little story because the beta will focus mainly on gameplay bugs. Well, that and we don't want to give too much away.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

1000th forum post.

Anyway, I've started on the beta version and will be doing it myself. Who is planning on trying it?

-No one answers-

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Anyway, I've started on the beta version and will be doing it myself. Who is planning on trying it?

Sure I will try it. And then tell you everything wrong about it. Then you will cry and be sad.
Showing 46-60 of 202