ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWorking Title - It's a Salvidious Game

202 69704
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Welcome folks.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to meet up with a couple long-time friends. For months I've been trying to get a hold of them, and now that I have we'll start on our first flash game for AG. Before we actually start making the game, we'll need to learn some fancy flash code stuff so we know what we're doing. I know bits and pieces, but not enough to make a half-decent game. We have 9 months to get the game's blueprints done, but we'll have to balance school as well. Production will take a month, or maybe two.

Anyway, I'll be doing general bug testing and graphic work, while the other guys will be doing the other stuff. Sounds like we have everything covered, right? No. We need a story. I want to include some interesting characters from the site, but we need help. I'll be popping in every once in a while to write bits and pieces because the main story will most likely fall into my lap.

The guys liked my username so much we're naming our baby production Salvidious Games. Do me proud, and be in a game.

So, to start things off, I'll need a setting. Throw your ideas out there; I need places, times, the whole shabang. I also need an exciting plot. In the plot, we need characters. Nominate yourself as a character, give some traits. Write a book.

Get going folks!

• 202 Replies
70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@Salvidian: It s great to know that u ve done ur story, but it s also means that there r no more slots for my character, no? +_+
but i still wanna be some part of ur game, so can u put me into some kind of skill, such as when a particular skill is released, a slot-machine appear and if the player can jack pot Triple 7, then the damage will be tripled? XD

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Sorry about that, 70_70_70. I haven't read anything from the last few pages, and I never saw your post.

I'll go back and see if I can put you and your suggestions in somewhere... But I can't guarantee anything.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@Salvidian: np man, hope ur game will be released soon lah XD
but can u consider again about the category of this game? bcoz I prefer an action or adventure one to a MMO lah :-P

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

There's a single player and Multiplayer mode that will be played in different styles. Single player will be action/adventure while the MMO will have a team feel to it.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

There's a single player and Multiplayer mode that will be played in different styles. Single player will be action/adventure while the MMO will have a team feel to it.

oh ok so if u submit the game to AG, can u put it under Action/ Adventure games, like Sands of the Coliseum

I rly hate to log in to play MMO lah :-P
I mean isnt it annoying in case I m banned, I cannot play the game if it s a MMO coz I can NOT log in lah :-P
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Maybe we can release an MMO version and single player version separately, but I wouldn't count on it. It's not even my decision - It's decided by our server guy.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

It's decided by our server guy

hmm so at least can u tell him my opinion? it s for the sake of the banned guys lah :-P
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yeah, I have told him already. I just have to wait and see what he says.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@Sal: Does ur friend- Cody G has an AG acc? or FB acc?
I just wanna talk and discuss with him DIRECTLY lah.....

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Sal, will your game have the MMO timer? Where the average user can only play for so long a day?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

@Sal: Does ur friend- Cody G has an AG acc? or FB acc?
I just wanna talk and discuss with him DIRECTLY lah.....

He has a Facebook account, but I'm not going to give it away. He probably wouldn't like that.

Sal, will your game have the MMO timer? Where the average user can only play for so long a day?

No **** timers, thank you. :P
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

No **** timers, thank you. :P

YES! Now, Killersup cannot remember if he is in the game or not. Remind him?

If there will not be a timer, wouldn't it be better suited under adventure/action?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yes, you are. You have a completely separate side story from the others.

i was going to write the story up yesterday, but I was busy, and I'm still pretty busy today to spend an hour writing something.

Timers =/= MMO. I still don't know where it'll be released.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

So...cool....
70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

If there will not be a timer, wouldn't it be better suited under adventure/action?

lol told ya that the game SHOULD BE PUT IN ACTION/ADVENTURE category and NOT MMO lah XD

i was going to write the story up yesterday, but I was busy, and I'm still pretty busy today to spend an hour writing something.

oh u r making some more side story? So may I also have a chance to enter ur game?

i volunteer to bcome anything, from a side-char to a spell, or even an enemies is ok
but plz considered to put me and mah slot machine 777 into ur exciting game lah XD
Showing 76-90 of 202