ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWorking Title - It's a Salvidious Game

202 69715
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Welcome folks.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to meet up with a couple long-time friends. For months I've been trying to get a hold of them, and now that I have we'll start on our first flash game for AG. Before we actually start making the game, we'll need to learn some fancy flash code stuff so we know what we're doing. I know bits and pieces, but not enough to make a half-decent game. We have 9 months to get the game's blueprints done, but we'll have to balance school as well. Production will take a month, or maybe two.

Anyway, I'll be doing general bug testing and graphic work, while the other guys will be doing the other stuff. Sounds like we have everything covered, right? No. We need a story. I want to include some interesting characters from the site, but we need help. I'll be popping in every once in a while to write bits and pieces because the main story will most likely fall into my lap.

The guys liked my username so much we're naming our baby production Salvidious Games. Do me proud, and be in a game.

So, to start things off, I'll need a setting. Throw your ideas out there; I need places, times, the whole shabang. I also need an exciting plot. In the plot, we need characters. Nominate yourself as a character, give some traits. Write a book.

Get going folks!

• 202 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

@70
Cool pic, but it doesn't match the scheme very well. I'll use the form but I'm going to have to change some colors/transparency/otherstuff.

Anyway, I know I said I was going to do it on the 28th, but the guys and I took a break until tonight. We'll finish our meeting and then I'll update the rest of the characters.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@Sal: u can change to pic whatever u want, but plz keep the slot machine jack pot (777) like that lah X3

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Just wanted to let you all know that the halt isn't my fault. Our foreman is on vacation, which means I haven't been able to make any progress on the rest of the characters.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

*Stops procrastinating and makes an update*

I know, I know. The update was supposed to be yesterday. Well, I have sort of an update for pang, but the rest need to be revised by the boss. He hasn't been keeping up to date with everything, which is driving us nuts. Ah, well, i suppose.

pang's missions will be played alongside pickpocket or by himself, and they will consist of mainly combat related stuff. Influenced by the awesomeness of Ezio in AC and the duo team in AC Brotherhood, pang will have the abilities of advanced martial arts. He'll have some cool stuff - swords, axes, guns, magic, and a lot more. If you've ever played Assassin's Creed, you'll know what it's like to enter Open Conflict. Basically, a bunch of enemies surround you and you fight 3 at a time, while the others stand outside the triangle and shoot stuff at you. pang will be able block/deflect enemy attacks, or he can choose to sneak up on enemies kill them in a single hit, something we're calling a Ninja Kill.

The thing I'm most excited about is the pickpocket/pang duo, something we're trying not to call PP missions, for obvious reasons. :P Anyway, the missions will focus on getting to larger computers to get the most valuable stuff, like super-awesome ray guns (all equipable) and access to world maps and such on Multiplayer. We haven't started developing this part of the game yet, so we're fuzzy on the details, but we're aiming for Co-Op modes you can do with a friend.

I haven't quite gotten a full preview for pang or anyone else, but, like I said, I have to wait for Paul to go ahead and let me post them.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Sweet. I'm awesome I know. I'm batman, and pang is robin. *highfives pang*

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Sweet. I'm awesome I know. I'm batman, and pang is robin. *highfives pang*

Woman please >_>

You are batman...I am Bane. But as a good guy...Good Guy Bane...yeah..that sounds good
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

So any guess to your overall progress on the game, like 30 percent done or how long until it's finished?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

No, pang. You are my little side kick who wears shorter shorts than most girls do today. Oh wait, I forgot to use the bat-voice. I meant, aiusdhqf hsafuaehiiuh fdhsueuagaihuehffh dhfbajfb shdawygrygds.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Well I will have to give you guys the manly test and see who wins.

pang:
Has a GF +4
Has guts to show picture of self +1

Pickpocket:
More manly profession +2
Attempts to piss me off +5

Well pickpocket wins. Normally when someone tries to piss me off it just bugs me. But pickpocket does it in a good way I guess.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

But pickpocket does it in a good way I guess.

Love/Hate relationship.
Well pickpocket wins.

*tee-bags pang`s body* Woot! Now, come along Robin. We have to go save sal`s game. Alfred! Ready the bat-mobile! And get me my bat-snacks and bat-drinks! Hurry up you old fart!
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Well pickpocket wins.

*tee-bags pang`s body*

You took to long T-bagging him though and the bomb went off while you were trying to defuse it. :P Don't cha' hate when that happens.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

*tee-bags pang`s body* Woot! Now, come along Robin

I guess I can live with this..I mean..I do take over when you die =p
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

You took to long T-bagging him though and the bomb went off while you were trying to defuse it. :P Don't cha' hate when that happens.

No. You cant make CoD jokes. Sorry, but thats my job. I mean, my less manly job.
I guess I can live with this..I mean..I do take over when you die =p

But.... you wear short-shorts....and they are green..... I thought... but.... *sad face*
But I aint dead yet. And.... IM BATMAN!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

But.... you wear short-shorts....and they are green..... I thought... but.... *sad face*
But I aint dead yet. And.... IM BATMAN!

You've seen The Dark Knight Rises...correct? =p

----

On topic! Sal! Give us a darned update! Even if it is "No"
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

*is sad that everyone seems to have a character*

Oh well, seems like a good idea anyway. Is this your first game you've made Sal? I don't think I've ever seen someone active in the community ever make a game. I think it will be pretty awesome due to the community input and all.

So far it looks like a really cool little flash game that people can play together.

Oh and you should really post all the updates somewhere. I just read through this entire thread to see what was happening with the game.

And like everyone else, MOAR UPDATES! NOM NOM NOM.

Showing 106-120 of 202