ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWorking Title - It's a Salvidious Game

202 69907
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Welcome folks.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to meet up with a couple long-time friends. For months I've been trying to get a hold of them, and now that I have we'll start on our first flash game for AG. Before we actually start making the game, we'll need to learn some fancy flash code stuff so we know what we're doing. I know bits and pieces, but not enough to make a half-decent game. We have 9 months to get the game's blueprints done, but we'll have to balance school as well. Production will take a month, or maybe two.

Anyway, I'll be doing general bug testing and graphic work, while the other guys will be doing the other stuff. Sounds like we have everything covered, right? No. We need a story. I want to include some interesting characters from the site, but we need help. I'll be popping in every once in a while to write bits and pieces because the main story will most likely fall into my lap.

The guys liked my username so much we're naming our baby production Salvidious Games. Do me proud, and be in a game.

So, to start things off, I'll need a setting. Throw your ideas out there; I need places, times, the whole shabang. I also need an exciting plot. In the plot, we need characters. Nominate yourself as a character, give some traits. Write a book.

Get going folks!

• 202 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Did you have any big problems while making the making the game so far?

Our former sound guy quit a few weeks ago, but he's already been replaced. Alex isn't familiar with AS3, but he's learning it. Otherwise, no. Everything else has been running like clockwork.

Can I see mine?

Later. Prolly.

So once the game is out will you take suggestions on what to do better and update the game as you see fit?

If we have access to AG's API, yes. Because it'll be released as an MMO, I can almost guarantee it. We'll probably add achievements too, if we get the privilege.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

If we have access to AG's API, yes.

API???
We'll probably add achievements too, if we get the privilege.

Quests. Get it right. But one should be "Be in the game!"Jk. That would be awesome though.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

API???

It's like a little network on the AG site that the developers have access to. They can use it to make changes to their game.

Quests. Get it right. But one should be "Be in the game!"Jk. That would be awesome though.

I am seriously considering this.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I am seriously considering this.

While I would love it I would have to advise against it. It isn't really fair to all the other people because there would be no way that they could get it.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

While I would love it I would have to advise against it. It isn't really fair to all the other people because there would be no way that they could get it.

Either we'd make the Quest legacy or we'd have alternate ways of getting it. Like, per say, you could either be in the game or send in a certain number of suggestions via the chat system. It'd be like a "major contributor" Quest.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I think you would just have a hard time getting that pasted the AG guys. But hey, if you can great. It would get people to actually post helpful comments about the game.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Oh, no doubt. But I don't even know where to start with creating a game-to-site achievement system. Maybe Dan and the gang do that stuff for the devs.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I think they do it. If you make the achievement in the game then they should make quests out of them.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Alright. I'll have to ask someone else to do because I don't have much authority there.

And working a little late finishing pang and pick's stuff for tonight. Will get them up tomorrow... Probably. You know me, it takes forever.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Better to have it be a little longer than have pang just be a floating scribble that does stuff.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I spent more time on pang than on anyone else. I'm actually getting tired of seeing him every time I walk to my desk.

For the first week he was a scribble, and I was tempted to keep him that way just to piss the real pang off.

LolJK

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I spent more time on pang than on anyone else. I'm actually getting tired of seeing him every time I walk to my desk.

Yes >=D

For the first week he was a scribble, and I was tempted to keep him that way just to piss the real pang off.

But aren't we all just scribbles in the grand scheme of things?
/deep

Why do I have the feeling that there is probably some part of the game where my name is capitalized and something happens because of it.. haha
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

But aren't we all just scribbles in the grand scheme of things?
/deep

So deep, haha. Actually most 2D art classes will teach you that art is comprised of individual lines and nothing more.

Why do I have the feeling that there is probably some part of the game where my name is capitalized and something happens because of it.. haha

Confession time... Your name will be capitalized throughout the entire storyline... And we'll refer to you as Pangtongshu 80% of the game...

Go ahead... Hit me...
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

How I saw the conversation above:

pang: There's probably like one time in the game where you use a capital letter for my name right. Man, that's going to be annoying.

Sal: Oh...uh...well we kind of had it with a capital for...most of the game. He...sorry.

pang: Ha...you...are...joking...right...? http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLK1AmyBDJmh6k_bJonpsX4Q5JAZKAdr_tAqvw-acEW4f0gAU

Also, this game looks like it is coming along well. Estimated release date? Just say Q4 2015 if you have no idea when it is going to be released.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

How I saw the conversation above:

pang: There's probably like one time in the game where you use a capital letter for my name right. Man, that's going to be annoying.

Sal: Oh...uh...well we kind of had it with a capital for...most of the game. He...sorry.

pang: Ha...you...are...joking...right...?

Can't agree with you more, haha. I even wrote the text, but I thought it'd be weird if we left some names capitalized and others not.

Also, this game looks like it is coming along well. Estimated release date? Just say Q4 2015 if you have no idea when it is going to be released.

Probably mid-July. We don't have an exact date, mainly because everything was planned out way back in November.
Showing 151-165 of 202