ForumsWEPRWhy Israel won in 1948?

4 4065
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Lately, as i chatted in some places, i saw more and more peoples who claim that in the Israeli war for iIndependence, USA and Uk helped to the Israeli side, while the poor arabs didnt got help at all.

naturaly, i think that this is a bull****. My grand mother lived then, and she told me about how members of the moshav {wher i live now, back in 1948} stole from the british army. how they had a single fiat to defend the village, as eygiptean tanks were at seen at teh horizon. I talked to peoples, seniors and veterans. and i dont think they all orginized a massive lie.

What do you think?

• 4 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned the US helped Israel gain their independence as a result of WWII in school. Perhaps your grandmother was just an unusual case?

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

USA did voted for 2 countries, but in the war after it USA lead a ambargo on selling arms to the area.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

So they couldn't protect themselves? Sorry, I don't really get you're saying.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

As i said, the summgled wepones into Israel, they stoel it from British warehouses, and bought it from the communist countries, like the big czech wepone deal.

I recommand you to read the book "the target: tel aviv" by Ram Oren. It tell the story of the south frontier of the 1948 war. Dont worry, its not a blind patriotic book.

Showing 1-4 of 4