Forums

ForumsQuests

[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

Posted Nov 26, '12 at 4:50pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

No, because I think you're wrong.

Now I get it pang. I was wondering who the patrick was on your profile. :)

I know, unrelated.

OT:

And for them posting it on the forum as well...that could be due to some of us (starting with me) stating how not all of us are on facebook and twitter

Not saying my theory is even close to correct but if they're going to try and keep us updated, something about making people come to the forums probably isn't something that they would post on here. I think Mav's idea has been the best one yet. :D

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 12:51am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Fanceh new front page.

I suppose that was the update, then? Or at least one of them?

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 4:15am

AircraftCarrier

AircraftCarrier

145 posts

That thingy right on the frontpage is exceptionally kongregate-ish. But anyway, I am very glad that the new games section isn't removed on frontpage.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 11:01am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

New homepage, it's okay, I guess but it doesn't really make much of a difference to me.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 11:01am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

You mean the featured games?

Hmm, not really. They don't really look alike, and in terms of functionality I think a lot of sites have that sort of thing.

I also like the info box that appears above games. Has a release date, too... How convenient.

Also, for some reason I can get to the new page by mobile but not on a desktop/laptop. Here's the link to the new one in case you're having the same problem.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 12:12pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,846 posts

I also like the info box that appears above games. Has a release date, too... How convenient.

I also like it. At least, you have a bit of information about the game and you don't need to click on it.

Also, for some reason I can get to the new page by mobile but not on a desktop/laptop.

I have the same problem. The homepage looks exactly as always, so I didn't know what you're talking about. Thanks for the link ;)

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 12:38pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

*sigh*
So, I guess I should post a more constructive comment about what I actually think about it.

So,  layout of the page is a lot like other sites, particularly Kongregate, yet before admins have stated that they didn't want to replicate other sites and that they wanted to be original.
Ooh, a contradiction there, I guess.

But, I guess props to the admins because it does actually look good, more modernized and doesn't make the homepage look as bland.
Woohoo, +1.

Also, removing the leader board from the homepage is a pretty good idea, especially since I don't think that is the points system they would like to promote in one of the coming updates and due to the fact that half of it was glitchy and incorrect.
Woohoo, +1.

The little box that comes up when you roll over the game is quite nifty, helpful if you want to assess the game a bit before playing it.
Woohoo, +1.

So, yeah, other than that I've not noticed anything new on the website, but the overall appearance of it looks a lot more professional and modernized, so, woohoo.
Props to the admins.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 2:07pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

So,  layout of the page is a lot like other sites, particularly Kongregate, yet before admins have stated that they didn't want to replicate other sites and that they wanted to be original.
Ooh, a contradiction there, I guess.

The layout hardly changed, I thought. There are still the new games on the left side and the popular games on the right, with the most popular of certain categories on the bottom. News and 'featured games' was moved to the right, and the new fancy slider is right at the top and center, which makes sense.

I suppose they do it because it makes sense and it works, not because a competitor did it. That's why most fast food places all have relatively the same layout. Whenever people go to a website they've never been to before (especially after having a lot of experience on the Internet), there are a few places where they generally look for certain features, for example the top right for some sort of registration or login, to the top left for a logo or at least a link to the home page, and at the bottom more information about the website and its creators. The most important and shiny stuff (what they want you to look at) goes at the top and center, and the advertisements and less important stuff to the side. So yeah, generally the layout on most websites will be similar.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 3:49pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,845 posts

So it seems that the homepage has been updated, but why would a special link be required to access the new homepage? Also:

@jeol: How did you get the link required for the new homepage?

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 4:31pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

How did you get the link required for the new homepage?

From my mobile. For some reason, it's the link when you click the logo at the top on mobile, but not on desktop... At least, that's the way it was this morning. I don't know if it's on mobile or not anymore.

Looking closer at it, it seems like you have to have a '?v3' at the end of the address (without the quotation marks) for it to work. (So the necessary link is actually http://armorgames.com/?v3 ) Most pages, when that's added to the end of the address, just lead back to the main page... That should probably get checked out, I suppose, at least until they get the profiles and games and such done as well.

Reply to [OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

You must be logged in to post a reply!