ForumsQuests[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

605 280091
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Check our Facebook/Twitter/Google+

Also be sure to follow us!

• 605 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Ah yes, those won't change. That's expected.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

@Sourwhatup2 Yours look fine to me!

Alright then, on my screen they look like this:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wg6rz6.png
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@GhostOfMatrix I'll pass on the feedback. Grumpy pants.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@sourwhatup2 What browser are you looking at?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

As for what Matrix said. I really hope you're going to be constantly taking input from us and polishing up the whole thing. We'd really appreciate it and possibly could make your job easier.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

@sourwhatup2 What browser are you looking at?

Google Chrome, and I tried Firefox as well.. Don't make me open up IE. xD
Crushmaster
Crushmaster
48 posts
Farmer

Ferret said: What's your thoughts on that? From our perspective, AP didn't do much except make people spam comments on game pages. We wanted to celebrate people playing games!

I liked Armor Points, personally. They were nice and simple. But I can definitely see your reasoning...Most game comments are not very substantial. Just, "Cool game", "I hate this", "Stupid", etc.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is what I see in Chrome...

http://i.imgur.com/fmq8s.jpg

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Crushmaster Thanks for the feedback. What did you like about AP?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So basically we can only get 'oints' from merits? I can see people abusing that.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@R2D21999 Merits can't be abused, they are given by real people. If you do something to earn one, you deserve it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Grumpy pants.

I think it has potential if it keeps getting worked on, but currently I don't see why I'd go for the badges. Games are supposed to be for fun, yes, but I'd have more fun getting better rewards. Something to keep me interested, go for, and to gauge my progress appropriately.

So basically;
- points and ranks
- more badges
- contests and challenges
- aesthetics and organization
Crushmaster
Crushmaster
48 posts
Farmer

@Ferret: The simplicity. I comment or rate a game, and I get points. Doesn't matter if it's a vague or semi-vague one (which I assume won't get much attention in the achievement department, for instance), I get points for it.

This is, in my opinion, its pro and its con. It's very easy to abuse. I always try to write good comments on games, and I hope I succeed, but most comments don't have much to them, and they get their points regardless.

I hope this answers your question. Thanks for being open.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yes, this is just the start Ghost. I can't say we're going to go back to ranks, but if it's what everybody loves - I can give it a voice here.

Community Quests will be fun as well, there is talk about many ideas with those here.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well I'll try clearing some trash out from my browser but I don't think it'll help. I'll check it on my other computer in a little. But for now I'll ignore it.

Also as people are saying there should be a new AP with only the quests and merits giving you points. I think that would be best in my opinion. I don't really suggest giving points for anything else. With those points should come some type of leveling system, maybe similar to the old one but not completely.

Again, just my two cents.

Showing 316-330 of 605