ForumsQuests[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

605 280109
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Check our Facebook/Twitter/Google+

Also be sure to follow us!

• 605 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Go into the game and play one map. It will solve the issue.

I try that, but that wont work for me, but gaining a new badge would solve it.
Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

I try that, but that wont work for me, but gaining a new badge would solve it

Glad it was solved.

The quests are making profiles alot more longer than they need to be.

Take a look at my profile...it's a good example
Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

Sorry for the double post, but I noticed something odd with the description.

When you're on the game and hover over the quest, it disappears very quickly. Is this my computer or are others having this issue as well?

Knugent
Knugent
12 posts
Nomad

When you're on the game and hover over the quest, it disappears very quickly. Is this my computer or are others having this issue as well?

This happens to me with some of them, mainly with the old ranks that are unachievable now, and while we're here, why were the old ranks removed? I liked them :c
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Some of those you have to slightly edge into the left or right of the image to see the description. It might be the sudden change from Flash to javascript from the images that messes up viewing of the way to earn the achievement.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I've won Give Up twice in the last day or so, not dying on levels 1-10 many times, hitting "Give Up" a few times. No Quests awarded.
Evidence
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/Mr12Relic/giveupproof.png

NocturnalFane
NocturnalFane
5 posts
Peasant

Happens to me too. Also happens in my profile. I've to move my mouse rapidly over the icon to be able to read it =D
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I've won Give Up twice in the last day or so, not dying on levels 1-10 many times, hitting "Give Up" a few times. No Quests awarded.
Evidence

Strange, all I can say is that I completed that quest without any problems.
I'm having problems with "Full of Premium Wool" or at I wish someone would tell me how you achieve it.

This probably won't happen, but I wish there was still AP and that quests gave them out. I fell it would give one a stronger reason to complete the quests, especially the more difficult ones.

Here's my wish list for quests:

-Corresponding color backgrounds:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8146/questcolour.png

- Quest completed for game/total quests per game
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8062/questscomv.png

If you take a break from the site or a game for an extended period, this would help users remember which games they have some quests left to finish.

- Quests on profile sort by: date completed, game, difficulty, etc.

- Some way to compare quests with other users (like the feature for comparing achievements with other users on Xbox).

This would probably be too time consuming to implement, among other difficulties.

- Points for completing quests.

I doubt this will happen, because AP has just be done away with, but it would give users further incentive to complete more difficult quests. (Kongregate and Xbox achievements award points too. o.0)

- Sorting features on the quest page.

The quests pretty great just the way they are now, and I assume most of these ideas have been considered already, but just on the off chance someone hasn't considered one of these or finds it to be a useful idea.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

-Corresponding color backgrounds:

This, this, this, this and this.

It's a great idea.

I doubt this will happen, because AP has just be done away with, but it would give users further incentive to complete more difficult quests.

I'm not saying points but we need something. Some type of leveling up of some sort? Maybe after a certain amount of badges or something. I don't know.
AircraftCarrier
AircraftCarrier
145 posts
Shepherd

I'm extremely against this.

To begin with, when I suggested MasterMerol to upload his Apples in the Tree to AG, his reply was this:

Really, oficially uploading a 2+ year old game in a different website would be just embarrasing

Now tell me, importing a 2+ year old feature of NG and Kong into AG, is this a good idea?

And come on, this quest system, compared to NG and Kong's similar systems, is immature. Copying without our own innovations is simply a sin.

Putting that aside, how many quest we have? 94? Come on, other sites have thousands. It's not a good move, bro.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Putting that aside, how many quest we have? 94? Come on, other sites have thousands. It's not a good move, bro.

It's been barely 1 day of having been released.

Now tell me, importing a 2+ year old feature of NG and Kong into AG, is this a good idea?

For one the quests don't give you points of any kind, they are just there for bragging rights as of now. What the main problem was, was actually just a way to get rid of AP and replace it with something else. That's it. It isn't to copy another site.
matrixdiscoking
matrixdiscoking
130 posts
Nomad

my one question is what will happen to armatars
ferret told me that they will be available to all very shortly is that a good idea and is it true

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

And come on, this quest system, compared to NG and Kong's similar systems, is immature. Copying without our own innovations is simply a sin.

While I do somewhat agree here, Armor Games should do somehting to make quests unique or have give the player more incentive to complete them. But, I thought I read that AG3 is going to be done in a rolling release like method (which it appears that way with features being added and interfaces being changed gradually.)

That being said, the quests may still change in form (maybe giving quest points :] ) and I'm certain there will be plenty more quests to come.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

@Reton8 I do like the idea of the color-coded quests as it would make it easier to see which are which instead of having to mouse over every one of them.

Also, if the idea of only putting so many quests on your bio gets implemented, it would be nice to maybe be able to "showcase" your top quests and customize which ones are up for seeing before seeing "All Quests." Kind of like favorite games too, although you can't showcase those either.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Oh, One more thing

The quest button should highlight or something when you hover over it. I will assume this is going to happen anyway, because all of the other buttons do when you hover over them or wait, maybe I'll assume it's a glitch in my browser o.0?

Showing 391-405 of 605