ForumsQuests[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

605 280087
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Check our Facebook/Twitter/Google+

Also be sure to follow us!

• 605 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Okay, so looking at Kongregate it appears they have around 2,100+ total badges, but not every new game has badges for them on their site. I think AG could pull ahead of Kongregate by offering badges for every new game (or almost all of them). But, a task like that might be overly time consuming for the staff, I don't know.(I have a feeling Kongregate has a larger staff). One question, why does Kongregate call them badges but then has a link to quests (which just talk about getting badges)?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

but not every new game has badges for them on their site.

Yeah, since everyone can upload a game there, they only badge games that have good ratings and are compatible.
One question, why does Kongregate call them badges but then has a link to quests (which just talk about getting badges)?

It's their way of rewarding you with more stuff. They gather a bunch of badges from several different games, give them a title like "best of 2007" or &quothysics pack", get all those badges, then you get a neat little medal on your profile and bonus points.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Yeah, since everyone can upload a game there, they only badge games that have good ratings and are compatible.

I'm glad Armor Games has a standard and won't allow just anything to be uploaded. It filters a lot of junk games.

It's their way of rewarding you with more stuff. They gather a bunch of badges from several different games, give them a title like "best of 2007" or &quothysics pack", get all those badges, then you get a neat little medal on your profile and bonus points.

That's a strong cause for an incentive to play those games.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I think AG could pull ahead of Kongregate by offering badges for every new game (or almost all of them).

Nope, they should put quests on games that become successful on the site. They shouldn't leave it up to themselves on whether or not to put quests but rather see popular and successful games and see that those games will get more attention when quests are released for it. This is basically what Kong does, and it's a good thing to do.

I'm glad Armor Games has a standard and won't allow just anything to be uploaded. It filters a lot of junk games.

That's why I've been a member for a long time, mostly. I love the quality of the games they host and release. But they sometimes release bad games which helps my above statement
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

This is basically what Kong does, and it's a good thing to do.

I agree. But I feel all new games within reason should have quests. Like 7 or above rating. It may not be the best game, but it should have quests.

A horrible game or broken game should not have quests.
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Adding Quests to a game requires time on both the game developer's end and our staff, so not every game is going to have Quests. And since this is brand new for us, it will take a bit to get the process fleshed out and smoothly moving -- but we'll get there.

We are as anxious as you to see new Quests, just look at my profile

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

There's a slight bug with changing the pages of quests on my profile. When i click the next box to scroll through, it sends me to the error 404 page.

Is it just me or are other users experiencing this as well?

Thanks in advance,
Rayce

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

Sorry for the double post, but I just went to another player's profile (boppins) and attempted to scroll through his quests as well. The same happened there with the 404 page.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I like the new lil change, which makes it easier to reach the comment part of the profile (i hate scrolling..^^)

HUA7XFan122396
HUA7XFan122396
80 posts
Jester

Yeah, Rayce when I go to my profile, there is no way for me to scroll through the quests, there is only the first page.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I have also experienced the first page only bug, but at least profiles can't get super long from quests.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I think it would be cool if there was an Easter egg quest for playing the first game by AG
I am curious as to which that game is

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Think this is the first game. Just added /play/number until something came up.

Also, I think a quest leaderboard would be neat.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think it would be cool if there was an Easter egg quest for playing the first game by AG
I am curious as to which that game is

The lowest game ID containing a game by a current/former admin is 14, which belongs to Four Second Frenzy. But the quest would be somewhat more meaningful if it was for game completion. Or do you mean a secret quest that will be awarded for finding the first game by AG (Four Second Frenzy)?

Note: The quote was worded as by AG. If you meant on AG (not specifically from a current or former admin of AG), the correct game would be The Mind Bender.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Thanks for letting us know about the 404 error guys, we have it on our list.

Showing 496-510 of 605