Forums

ForumsQuests

[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 10:22pm

boppins

boppins

500 posts

Administrator

We want the players to feel as if they've achieved something.  The point system was okay at this, but flawed.  There are better ways to calculate a player "rank" and Quests are just the first step.

And this is just the introduction, so expect adjustments!

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 10:23pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Ok I think it fixed the problem with the dialog boxes of the quests under lapping the game screen too.

Yay. xD

I hope this just gets better from here on out.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 10:26pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

I went to church, and when I got home I suddenly had Quests. Whaaaat!

I really like the Quests setup, but I think it's going to take up too much space. Reserve it to show only the 7 most recent ones. Plus, I think you need to make the Games Rated, Comments, etc tally numbers more prominent. But, as you've said, it's still just getting started.

If you guys start acting like Facebook, though, I'm gone. I quit fb for the huge lack of interest in users. Ten thousand people posted negative comments about ONE THING and they didn't change it. The feedback response of Armor Games is solid gold, and it's one of the main reasons I've been here for two years. Three, counting before I made an account.

-Matt

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 10:27pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Isn't this EXACTLY like Badges on Kongregate? I've always had a feeling Kong and AG had a relationship, but now I know it's true. They're married...well...as married as websites can be. Now all we need is Chat embedded to the right side of each game and things will just be peachy!

I hope they don't do that. Also kong isn't the first to have these achievements many sites have them. Newgrounds was one of the first to introduce it actually. I really hope they don't introduce the chat, all it does is cause lag imo, and then they'll need more mods to keep the chat rooms clean. I like how AG is simple and easy to the eye. This is why I don't hang around kong too much, everything is all over the place for me.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 10:28pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

HOLY CRAP. I FINISHED POSTING THAT, WENT BACK TO MY PROFILE AND YOU IMPROVED IT.

That's awesome.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 10:30pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

HOLY CRAP. I FINISHED POSTING THAT, WENT BACK TO MY PROFILE AND YOU IMPROVED IT.

That was probably just the boxes for your stats right?

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 10:31pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

I can't say we're going to go back to ranks, but if it's what everybody loves - I can give it a voice here.

It doesn't have to be ranks, it can be a level system, just something that'd distinguish players and to show that you're progressing.

I think there should be a link to quests at the top as well, would make for easier navigation.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 10:36pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Also, since ranks are gone, will they disappear from the forums? I don't think they have a place since you can't progress with them anymore. And if you guys are still working on that reputation system that'd be the perfect place to put it.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 10:41pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,364 posts

Administrator

So we're in a "Soft Launch" right now with Quests.  No promotion or anything, changes will be made as we go public, likely tomorrow.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 11:08pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,502 posts

Okay, so I noticed the profile change. Does this mean I can no longer move up in the forum ranks? (Quest no longer available) or does that just mean I completed that quest?

Reply to [OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

You must be logged in to post a reply!