Forums

ForumsQuests

[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 7:36am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

It doesn't look right like this, they should put something in place of it.

It doesn't look right probably because we're so used to looking at the ranks being there.

Btw, I think the Legacy Quest should just be kept to the last one you got, instead of having a page full of every rank you got, cause obviously if you got wood king you would of had to have got everything below that.. Right?

I don't know if I want to be a wood knight forever. :(

That's the thing though, you aren't a wood knight anymore. You WERE a wood knight. Everyone has to get passed these ranks and move on, seriously.

As for AP, i think we should get it back. It encourages people to rate games.

No it does not. People rate games mindlessly just to get AP... I don't think they should bring back the AP system but instead implement a new one.

I don't know if this has been mentioned. It would be nice to see the progress of a quest. I'm mainly talking about this kind of quests: "Destroy 100 war tents". I'd like to be able to see how many I've destroyed so far, so I know how many more I need to complete a quest.

Me too, but for the moment I don't think it's a big deal. But it is still one of those small details that change a lot of things.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 8:18am

kirks011

kirks011

181 posts

No it does not. People rate games mindlessly just to get AP... I don't think they should bring back the AP system but instead implement a new one.

Yes, but as i already said i think a new quest point system should be added, if the overall happiness with AP was low. At least it differs the skill level between different users. As well, it gives you a sense of pride that other people can even see, when you master a game and complete a quest for it.

The only problem is it would look too similar to things like Xbox and Playstation. On an Xbox profile you can get Gamerscore, for doing certain sometimes very difficult things in games. On a Playstation there is trophys. Implementing a quest point system might be a little too un-original for my liking. I liked AP because of its originality. I never saw a gaming site or console that awards people for helping out, giving feedback, and so on. But what i do see almost everywhere is getting awarded for mastering games, so your only goal is to play the game and get quests. Personally, i think comments under games will significantly decrease with this new system, and i dont care about the spam ones, but good quality comments might disapear also. Because unless the person is nice, they have no reason to help out the creators anymore. They do not get rewarded for helping out.

I'll just conclude like this, i used to think AG was *THE* site where game creators could come and expect people to give them quality feedback, as well as a place where gamers could come and find themselves help as well as help others in the forums. When AP is gone, no longer driving the kindness, help, and feedback, these things will suffer. I know for sure certain people will still do all of it, but I also know they are the minority. AP created a helpful community, Quests and possibly Quest Points will create a community of hardcore gamers only looking to be better than everyone else, by completing as many games as possible, not even caring how the game was, what was good, what was bad.

That, is what im saying.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 10:06am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

It doesn't look right probably because we're so used to looking at the ranks being there.

It just feels empty. Username, posts, blank space, nothing to define the user. However, yes, that is true, I'll eventually get used to it, but I think they should still put something there. When and if they decide to bring back a points or level system they could add that there to make it more complete.

As for the previous AP system, it was too easily abused. They mentioned replacing it in AG3, so it shouldn't be a surprise that it's gone. Anyone could go to the all games page and rate a massive amount of games while leaving short comments and they'd have 5k+ AP within an hour or two. Of course they'd probably get banned for spamming, but a lot of users would abuse that system.

I don't think that points should be completely done away with though, I think they should reward points for quests based on difficulty. I also want that reputation system for the forums and game comments that was talked about thoroughly, they never mentioned if they're still working on it or not. So that both parts of the community (gamers and posters/commenters) are rewarded and can progress.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 10:37am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Sorry if my post sounds extremely agitated, but I felt like making a 'facepalm' post.

First of all, look in the top right - it says Armor Forums, right? Oh wait, it doesn't? It says Armor Games? Oh...

This site was made for games, whether you like it or not. Whatever they do, games will most always be at the forefront, because that is what keeps the site going.

Second of all, "Oohh, achieves are so cliché!" Might I mention that hundreds upon hundreds of flash games have already had internal achievement systems inside, not to mention that some of them use AGI, which takes your score and compares it to the thousands of others who played. All AG is doing is taking those achievements, changing their names, and handing them to you in a box. Why has nobody ever complained to the developers who made achievements in their games? It's not very much about originality as it is development - this site is made for playing games, and they're just trying to help you do that.

Third of all, "But there's no COMMUNITY involvement anymore!" Ferret has already said that he would probably make some quests that are based around community involvement, specifically mentioning merits, though I imagine that forum posts and comments might make their way in too, and game rating was also discussed since it is practically directly related to games, though I don't think it has been discussed since Quests. Just because it hasn't been mentioned doesn't mean it won't happen.

Lastly, AG3 is still very much in development. We are still promised a reputation system of sorts (if I remember correctly), and they were just tackling the gaming side of it first, I guess you could say. Just because they're treating gamers first doesn't mean you won't get treated next - I imagine there might be a lot of cool tricks of AG's sleeves that we might not expect. You just have to be patient enough for them to fix and refine whatever functions they implement today so they can build tomorrow and give you when they're ready.

We all good now? K.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 11:15am

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,480 posts

I just noticed that armatars no longer have AP requirements.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 11:15am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

This site was made for games, whether you like it or not. Whatever they do, games will most always be at the forefront, because that is what keeps the site going.

I don't think anybody is disputing this, but okay. Games will always be the focus since that's how AG is still alive, but ignoring part of the community is wrong. When you create something, you have to take into account all aspects and accept feedback, that's how you make it better. Also, strengthening your weaknesses is a good thing.

We are still promised a reputation system of sorts (if I remember correctly)

From what I remember Cormyn was the last admin to post in that thread over a year and a half ago. Since he left I don't think it was updated. I don't recall Ferret or another admin saying that reputation was still going to happen.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 11:34am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

I just noticed that armatars no longer have AP requirements.

I noticed that too, except that they only give me the armatars up to my original AP count.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 12:48pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,012 posts

Knight

Can't be arsed to read through the comments at this time of the night, but reducing the size of the badges would be welcome.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 1:38pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,846 posts

Can't be arsed to read through the comments at this time of the night, but reducing the size of the badges would be welcome.

It has been suggested a few times. I hope they do some changes to the profiles because right now it looks too crowded.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 3:24pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,838 posts

Administrator

We certainly hear everybody about the size of the Shields, trust me. :)

We are not shunning the community. What most people don't realize is the destructive side of the AP system.  I personally have destroyed 15,000 blank messages spammed to game pages off JUST ONE USER who just wanted to have the highest Armor Points ranking. This isn't a valuable experience for anybody on the site.

Quests is the first step to changing out direction, and rewarding people for playing games.   We will be developing ways to reward community, I really like the idea of Quests that reward real community involvement - and not just commenting "GG" on a game page.

Finally, Legacy Quests from serf to king are just that.  Legacy.  For those asking how do I get a bigger rank? It's not possible any longer.

Reply to [OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

You must be logged in to post a reply!