Forums

ForumsQuests

[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 10:20am

Reton8

Reton8

2,962 posts

I just want to say, if it's feasible, all new games should receive quests. After time it will seem like most the games have quests (as older games are still playable but less frequently). As well, new games are only added 1 to 3 or so a week, which helps to break up the work of adding quests to games in a nice time span.

However, games that are glitchy or broken (or end up with poor ratings) should not receive quests (although this can only be known in hindsight).

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 11:46am

jeol

jeol

3,964 posts

Hrm... Just a thought, but to replace the ranking on the forums for now, it might be cool to put the little AG logo and number of quests completed in a box, sort of like what shows up on the front page (specifically under Kingdom Rush). It looks rather empty and devoid of color.

I don't know if it would be easier just to wait for a Quest Point and Ranking system to replace it though, if it does come about. Either way would be cool with me.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 2:19pm

Mickeyryn

Mickeyryn

284 posts

You should have more quests for sushi cat.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 3:07pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

Quests, currently, are just completion marks really. There's not a challenge to them other than "complete the game" which is something you should do anyways for any decent game you play.

There needs to be more unique and harder to get quests. Something you don't necessarily do while playing through the game, or some hard to get score that really takes skill. Quests that everyone can get are fine, but games where everyone wins are for 6-7 year olds. There should be a challenge for some things that you can't get past with just a walkthrough.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 5:58pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,773 posts

To lazy to read 50 pages of comments. Anywho, Killersup heard that you would need to complete quest for new armartars. That is fine, but since when have they become all available? Will it be forever like this? Did the admins change their mind?

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 6:05pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,425 posts

Knight

You heard wrong. This is what Ferret said:
We'll be transitioning most Armatars over so that everybody will be able to use them. Super high level Armatars may be exclusive to legacy members for now.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 6:05pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

11,892 posts

The armatars are currently made available for all users, but this won't be forever I bet... the reason why they did this is pretty simple, because there are no more Armor Points now.

And the number and difficulty of Quests will surely increase in the future... we have only just begun to explore the tip of the iceberg! And this feature won't sink. Bad pun intented... =)

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 7:33pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

The armatars are currently made available for all users

Ummm... no, they're not. I just checked my HaikuContestWinners account and only the basics were available.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 8:01pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,425 posts

Knight

We'll be transitioning most Armatars over so that everybody will be able to use them. Super high level Armatars may be exclusive to legacy members for now.

Read above quote to avoid confusion.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:27pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,794 posts

I've been thinking, and maybe the best thing to do is just to bring back the AP system and maybe the ranks.

But this time you remove ap for comments, posts, and maybe rating games. But you leave it for creating games, merits, and obviously the new quests. Also, new fresh start on points, because if you have these removed you'd have a lot of AP gone..

Not sure how this would all work out, maybe some more ranks.. etc.

Oh well .-.

Reply to [OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

You must be logged in to post a reply!