Forums

ForumsQuests

[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 2:01pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

But this time you remove ap for comments, posts, and maybe rating games. But you leave it for creating games, merits, and obviously the new quests. Also, new fresh start on points, because if you have these removed you'd have a lot of AP gone.

Hasn't this idea already been discussed?

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 3:09pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Hasn't this idea already been discussed?

Not sure. But since the quests have been launched I haven't seen much talk about this.

Anyways, either way I don't care. As long as they are going to update more of the site, meh.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 5:07pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,193 posts

Honestly, the Quests are growing on me. Like sourwhatup and pang, I spend a lot of time in the Community. The Quests are getting me to play Armor Games games again, which was the original purpose of the site. "Sequester" and "Epic Combo Redux" are a lot of fun, and I probably wouldn't have gotten around to playing them otherwise.

I'm just waiting for more than 94 to show up.

Also, "Sequester" is one of the creepiest games I've playing in a long time, but it was really, really good. That game gave me goosebumps. *shudder*

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 5:37pm

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

My new stance is that I want to keep the quests. However, the quests should earn AP to unlock armatars. This could also make game ratings more accurate. If you play a game longer to finish the quest, you have actually played the game long enough to give it an honest rating.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 6:04pm

mikoaski

mikoaski

21 posts

I'm not here to say the quest idea was bad, i was really looking forward to it, but one thing that disappointed me was to abandon the AP.

The quest rewards should be given on points, like in the xbox, i agree with the fact that the comments were a bad way to earn points, but the fun was not to be on the top of a list, at least for me.

A system i would like to see is, as i said before, are quests giving AP as rewards, remove points for comments and posts and keep the points when you rate a game.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 10:06pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Like I said before, remove the AP from comments, forum posts, and rating games and you remove the factor of spamming for points. People will focus more on getting merits which will provide thought out comments for games.

You add the reputation system for comments and forum posts, and get some kind of points for quests, and everybody is happy. This also could help with merits too.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:03pm

shanke

shanke

46 posts

How about combining the old point system with the quests like quests will give points depending on difficulty (also Merits are worth some points)

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:10pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

How about combining the old point system with the quests like quests will give points depending on difficulty (also Merits are worth some points)

It's basically what I said. Except to remove giving AP to comments, ratings, and forum posts. The main reason they got rid of AP was because it caused people to spam to gain it. If you remove those factors that cause people to spam, then you have less spam, and the ap can be put into place.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 1:24am

shanke

shanke

46 posts

@sourwhatup2 sorry it gets boring reading 51 pages. I support your idea

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 1:28am

bob5442

bob5442

29 posts

please bring back the ranks!!! that is one of the only reasons i comment,
because if they get some thing for it people won't just take it as a grain of salt!

Reply to [OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

You must be logged in to post a reply!