weirdlike

476 posts

Knight

I agree NO MORE SPAM!! although I hate it when there is a quest I cant get

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 11:14am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

Apart from game quests, how about implementing other quests involving forums and activity? For instance:

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Ichigo_Kiyomizu/Merit_zpsccdcd300.png

The only quests that were just that were rankings, but that's gone now.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 11:21am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Apart from game quests, how about implementing other quests involving forums and activity? For instance:

I love how that has a difficulty rating.

Also, Ferret said this back on page 30:

The list we have there will stay, but they don't increase points or rank.  Just for your knowledge.  In the future, we want to have Quests that will be community-based.  For instanced, maybe for earning 25 merits. :)

Does that mean anything? Knowing Ferret, probably.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 11:28am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

I love how that has a difficulty rating.

I know right?

The list we have there will stay, but they don't increase points or rank.  Just for your knowledge.  In the future, we want to have Quests that will be community-based.  For instanced, maybe for earning 25 merits. :)

Does that mean anything? Knowing Ferret, probably.

I missed that one, but that's exactly what I meant. I still fear if adding quests about forum posts or game ratings will cause spam, so best to leave those out of the picture.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 11:45am

weirdlike

weirdlike

476 posts

Knight

On other forums I have seen a "Thanks" button (or Likes button) where you can thank someone for posting helpful advice AP could be implemented with this in mind. I have also seen on forums a "Hate" button which impacts negatively.

I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, there are a lot of pages.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 11:45am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

please bring back the ranks!!! that is one of the only reasons i comment,
because if they get some thing for it people won't just take it as a grain of salt!

This is one of the reason AP was removed. You shouldn't comment just because you get points for it -.- You should comment because you feel it's necessary to express your opinion about something.

Again with my idea:

It's basically what I said. Except to remove giving AP to comments, ratings, and forum posts. The main reason they got rid of AP was because it caused people to spam to gain it. If you remove those factors that cause people to spam, then you have less spam, and the ap can be put into place.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 1:23pm

slug09

slug09

3 posts

Having a a level up system based on points (depending on the difficulty of the quest) sort of like how Kongregate does it will make more users want to play games on this site and draw more attention. Because for now, many users aren't bothered to even complete quests. I think this whole quest system was rushed. Adding more features to it before introducing the system would have made it a more beneficial change. but updating this by time to is understandable.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 2:39pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I missed that one, but that's exactly what I meant. I still fear if adding quests about forum posts or game ratings will cause spam, so best to leave those out of the picture.

It really depends, especially if they decide to implement QP (Quest Points - thank you, I made that up myself). Say easy gives 9, medium gives 16, and hard gives 25, and you make game ratings as little as 1, obviously people won't be as motivated to try and spam them. It could also be a progression thing, say 50, 250, 1000, and 2000 rates or something of the like (instead of for each and every one), and they might not even give you QP - it's just there to show off, sort of like Legacy.

I think, especially if it isn't so up-front and obvious like AP was (Hey! You get 2 AP for commenting or rating games!), people wouldn't try to chase after getting those few extra QP, but would probably hit most people as something they weren't even trying for, which was the point of having the quest in the first place: to reward them for participating in the community.

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 4:28pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,115 posts

For the record, when can we expect more quests? Have you been talking to developers about them?

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 4:36pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,355 posts

Administrator

Only because MattEmAngel asked....

http://armorgames.com/play/7446/kolm

Reply to [OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

You must be logged in to post a reply!