Hard: Survive 50 Gaps
-Chaos faction 2:
Easy:Complete Zone 1
Medium:Complete Zone 2
Hard:Complete zone 3
Hard: Unlock every character
Armed with wings 3:
Medium: Halfway there: Complete the half of the game
Hard: Defeat vandheer lorde and beat the game!
-Culmination:
Easy:Beat the game on easy mode
Medium: Combo X25
Hard: Beat the game on hard mode
Hard:Unlock all the rewards

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 8:34am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

@TheRed555

You're in the wrong thread to be posting that. The thread to post that on is here.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 2:19pm

kirks011

kirks011

184 posts

Hey guys, I just wanted to point something out. Your all talking about how spam is the problem, AP caused it, blah blah blah. Well guess what, quests were not the answer. If you look on any game now there is still loads of spam comments, wanna know why? It doesn't matter if you get AP for it. The comment count still showss up on your profile, which still means you can say "Hey, i have more comments than you!" to your friends. Getting rid of AP did not stop it really. If you want spam gone, you can't even have that comment count on peoples profile. Spam will not stop until the measuring of comments stops. Personally, i would still like to know how many comments i have. But if your all caught up in spam, its gotta go. Getting rid of AP wasn't good enough. Just pointing that out.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 2:52pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,076 posts

Even though you have a point by pointing that out lirks011... I would also like to point out that we are shoveling spam every day and users abusing the game comments are handled just like they were before the Quests launched, maybe even harder now because it is no longer for gaining AP but for 'pure spamming'. ;)

As for feedback on Quests... I would like to see new games coming out with Quests added to them straight away. Isn't this possible to achieve when receiving games for hosting here? The new game Battle For Darkness is a great example of a game that could have Quests in there, maybe even add a few like "Kill 200 Realm units with Archers" or "Sacrifice 50 Goblins before day 20"? Just a thought... =)

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 3:10pm

kirks011

kirks011

184 posts

Even though you have a point by pointing that out lirks011... I would also like to point out that we are shoveling spam every day and users abusing the game comments are handled just like they were before the Quests launched, maybe even harder now because it is no longer for gaining AP but for 'pure spamming'. ;)

That's exactly my point though, the users are still constantly spamming, possibly to make mods and admins mad, or possibly for comment bragging rights. Then again, there are those who do not realize AP is gone yet. Many people who do not visit forums would not know, because before i started posting in forums, i hardly ever checked them or my profile, and if they have not checked there profile, they may not know. Even if they did, the comment count box, rates,merits,forums posts, games submitted is still there. So they may just think the new update does not let them see it. So maybe try posting on some peoples wall if they are spamming, and let them know about AP. Maybe some did not realize and will now stop spamming.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 3:47pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,581 posts

So maybe try posting on some peoples wall if they are spamming, and let them know about AP. Maybe some did not realize and will now stop spamming.

I think a more effective way to let people know AP is gone is to make a news piece about the removal of AP.

As for feedback on Quests... I would like to see new games coming out with Quests added to them straight away. Isn't this possible to achieve when receiving games for hosting here? The new game Battle For Darkness is a great example of a game that could have Quests in there, maybe even add a few like "Kill 200 Realm units with Archers" or "Sacrifice 50 Goblins before day 20"? Just a thought... =)

That has been suggested before and should be considered, though it will most likely mean longer wait times before games are released, and there will most likely be games that aren't compatible with quests, in which case quests should not be added.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 4:46pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,802 posts

Okay, so looking at Kongregate it appears they have around 2,100+ total badges, but not every new game has badges for them on their site. I think AG could pull ahead of Kongregate by offering badges for every new game (or almost all of them). But, a task like that might be overly time consuming for the staff, I don't know.(I have a feeling Kongregate has a larger staff). One question, why does Kongregate call them badges but then has a link to quests (which just talk about getting badges)?

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 6:27pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

but not every new game has badges for them on their site.

Yeah, since everyone can upload a game there, they only badge games that have good ratings and are compatible.
One question, why does Kongregate call them badges but then has a link to quests (which just talk about getting badges)?

It's their way of rewarding you with more stuff. They gather a bunch of badges from several different games, give them a title like "best of 2007" or "physics pack", get all those badges, then you get a neat little medal on your profile and bonus points.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 6:39pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,802 posts

Yeah, since everyone can upload a game there, they only badge games that have good ratings and are compatible.

I'm glad Armor Games has a standard and won't allow just anything to be uploaded. It filters a lot of junk games.

It's their way of rewarding you with more stuff. They gather a bunch of badges from several different games, give them a title like "best of 2007" or "physics pack", get all those badges, then you get a neat little medal on your profile and bonus points.

That's a strong cause for an incentive to play those games.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 7:10pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

I think AG could pull ahead of Kongregate by offering badges for every new game (or almost all of them).

Nope, they should put quests on games that become successful on the site. They shouldn't leave it up to themselves on whether or not to put quests but rather see popular and successful games and see that those games will get more attention when quests are released for it. This is basically what Kong does, and it's a good thing to do.

I'm glad Armor Games has a standard and won't allow just anything to be uploaded. It filters a lot of junk games.

That's why I've been a member for a long time, mostly. I love the quality of the games they host and release. But they sometimes release bad games which helps my above statement

Reply to [OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

You must be logged in to post a reply!