ForumsQuests[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

605 281020
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Check our Facebook/Twitter/Google+

Also be sure to follow us!

• 605 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Now hold on let them do their version of points, you might actually like it.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

That "something else" might be filled once Quests is matured.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I like this better without AP. It stops people from spam posting for AP (still going to be spam posting for post count I suppose). But if quests had points that would give players a stronger incentive to complete the hard quests. Quest Points would also allow users to decipher another users skills more easily.

Considering, User A has 50 quests complete, but only 1 is a hard quest, while User B has 50 quests complete, 30 of which are hard. Users may see the total and assume equal skill and it leaves less incentive to spend time on the harder quests (if gloating is your modus operandi). With points, User A might only have 50 QP and User B 1,000 QP. The difference is now more noticeable.

Argh it's so annoying not being able to read the quests on the very left the the page!

soccerdude2 is talking about this (I think).

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9441/35576658tq.png

When you're browser window is not full size, the hover dialogue box for the quests do not readjust to stay within the viewing area.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/jujueyeball/th_39f.jpg

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8146/questcolour.png

Corresponding color backgrounds of quests with difficulties (again).
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Just as a question to the moderators, have you noted a significant decrease in spam in comment sections after this update?

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

I think we should be able to use the quests icons as our armatars. It would give us a really wide selection, especially since the old AP armatars can no longer be unlocked for people who dont already have them all.

As for AP, i think we should get it back. It encourages people to rate games. If you do not want spam comments, just dont give comments AP anymore. I really liked the old AP, it just makes my profile feel more accomplished the better it becomes.

Then again, we could incorporate a points system through quests. Example: For every easy quest you complete, you get 1 point, for every medium, 3 points, for every hard, 5 points. I think it might make people feel a little more accomplished.

GrappleX
GrappleX
11 posts
Blacksmith

Adding points to quests like has been suggested would also allow you to un-retire the wood/silver/gold ranks. I don't know if I want to be a wood knight forever.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@Reton8

I have that problem too... When my browser is full size it still gets chopped... This needs to be fixed... :P

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

When you're browser window is not full size, the hover dialogue box for the quests do not readjust to stay within the viewing area.

Even when it's full size, it still does that. Until they update it, zooming out works.
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

As for AP, i think we should get it back. It encourages people to rate games.

Honestly, I don't care that the AP has been removed. I always had the feeling that they weren't promoting good things here. Besides, my activity on this site won't change just because I don't get points for doing certain things. I mean that I'll still rate games even if that doesn't award me any point at all.

Corresponding color backgrounds of quests with difficulties (again).

That is a great idea. Visually, it is much easy to see the difficulty of a quest this way.

I don't know if this has been mentioned. It would be nice to see the progress of a quest. I'm mainly talking about this kind of quests: "Destroy 100 war tents". I'd like to be able to see how many I've destroyed so far, so I know how many more I need to complete a quest.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

It doesn't look right like this, they should put something in place of it.

It doesn't look right probably because we're so used to looking at the ranks being there.

Btw, I think the Legacy Quest should just be kept to the last one you got, instead of having a page full of every rank you got, cause obviously if you got wood king you would of had to have got everything below that.. Right?

I don't know if I want to be a wood knight forever.

That's the thing though, you aren't a wood knight anymore. You WERE a wood knight. Everyone has to get passed these ranks and move on, seriously.

As for AP, i think we should get it back. It encourages people to rate games.

No it does not. People rate games mindlessly just to get AP... I don't think they should bring back the AP system but instead implement a new one.

I don't know if this has been mentioned. It would be nice to see the progress of a quest. I'm mainly talking about this kind of quests: "Destroy 100 war tents". I'd like to be able to see how many I've destroyed so far, so I know how many more I need to complete a quest.

Me too, but for the moment I don't think it's a big deal. But it is still one of those small details that change a lot of things.
kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

No it does not. People rate games mindlessly just to get AP... I don't think they should bring back the AP system but instead implement a new one.

Yes, but as i already said i think a new quest point system should be added, if the overall happiness with AP was low. At least it differs the skill level between different users. As well, it gives you a sense of pride that other people can even see, when you master a game and complete a quest for it.

The only problem is it would look too similar to things like Xbox and Playstation. On an Xbox profile you can get Gamerscore, for doing certain sometimes very difficult things in games. On a Playstation there is trophys. Implementing a quest point system might be a little too un-original for my liking. I liked AP because of its originality. I never saw a gaming site or console that awards people for helping out, giving feedback, and so on. But what i do see almost everywhere is getting awarded for mastering games, so your only goal is to play the game and get quests. Personally, i think comments under games will significantly decrease with this new system, and i dont care about the spam ones, but good quality comments might disapear also. Because unless the person is nice, they have no reason to help out the creators anymore. They do not get rewarded for helping out.

I'll just conclude like this, i used to think AG was *THE* site where game creators could come and expect people to give them quality feedback, as well as a place where gamers could come and find themselves help as well as help others in the forums. When AP is gone, no longer driving the kindness, help, and feedback, these things will suffer. I know for sure certain people will still do all of it, but I also know they are the minority. AP created a helpful community, Quests and possibly Quest Points will create a community of hardcore gamers only looking to be better than everyone else, by completing as many games as possible, not even caring how the game was, what was good, what was bad.

That, is what im saying.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It doesn't look right probably because we're so used to looking at the ranks being there.

It just feels empty. Username, posts, blank space, nothing to define the user. However, yes, that is true, I'll eventually get used to it, but I think they should still put something there. When and if they decide to bring back a points or level system they could add that there to make it more complete.

As for the previous AP system, it was too easily abused. They mentioned replacing it in AG3, so it shouldn't be a surprise that it's gone. Anyone could go to the all games page and rate a massive amount of games while leaving short comments and they'd have 5k+ AP within an hour or two. Of course they'd probably get banned for spamming, but a lot of users would abuse that system.

I don't think that points should be completely done away with though, I think they should reward points for quests based on difficulty. I also want that reputation system for the forums and game comments that was talked about thoroughly, they never mentioned if they're still working on it or not. So that both parts of the community (gamers and posters/commenters) are rewarded and can progress.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I just noticed that armatars no longer have AP requirements.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

This site was made for games, whether you like it or not. Whatever they do, games will most always be at the forefront, because that is what keeps the site going.

I don't think anybody is disputing this, but okay. Games will always be the focus since that's how AG is still alive, but ignoring part of the community is wrong. When you create something, you have to take into account all aspects and accept feedback, that's how you make it better. Also, strengthening your weaknesses is a good thing.
We are still promised a reputation system of sorts (if I remember correctly)

From what I remember Cormyn was the last admin to post in that thread over a year and a half ago. Since he left I don't think it was updated. I don't recall Ferret or another admin saying that reputation was still going to happen.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I just noticed that armatars no longer have AP requirements.

I noticed that too, except that they only give me the armatars up to my original AP count.
Showing 421-435 of 605