ForumsQuests[OFFICIAL] Quest Feedback Thread!

605 280869
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Check our Facebook/Twitter/Google+

Also be sure to follow us!

• 605 Replies
shanke
shanke
67 posts
Blacksmith

How about combining the old point system with the quests like quests will give points depending on difficulty (also Merits are worth some points)

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

How about combining the old point system with the quests like quests will give points depending on difficulty (also Merits are worth some points)

It's basically what I said. Except to remove giving AP to comments, ratings, and forum posts. The main reason they got rid of AP was because it caused people to spam to gain it. If you remove those factors that cause people to spam, then you have less spam, and the ap can be put into place.
shanke
shanke
67 posts
Blacksmith

@sourwhatup2 sorry it gets boring reading 51 pages. I support your idea

bob5442
bob5442
35 posts
Blacksmith

please bring back the ranks!!! that is one of the only reasons i comment,
because if they get some thing for it people won't just take it as a grain of salt!

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I agree NO MORE SPAM!! although I hate it when there is a quest I cant get

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

On other forums I have seen a "Thanks" button (or Likes button) where you can thank someone for posting helpful advice AP could be implemented with this in mind. I have also seen on forums a "Hate" button which impacts negatively.

I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, there are a lot of pages.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

please bring back the ranks!!! that is one of the only reasons i comment,
because if they get some thing for it people won't just take it as a grain of salt!

This is one of the reason AP was removed. You shouldn't comment just because you get points for it -.- You should comment because you feel it's necessary to express your opinion about something.

Again with my idea:
It's basically what I said. Except to remove giving AP to comments, ratings, and forum posts. The main reason they got rid of AP was because it caused people to spam to gain it. If you remove those factors that cause people to spam, then you have less spam, and the ap can be put into place.
slug09
slug09
4 posts
Bard

Having a a level up system based on points (depending on the difficulty of the quest) sort of like how Kongregate does it will make more users want to play games on this site and draw more attention. Because for now, many users aren't bothered to even complete quests. I think this whole quest system was rushed. Adding more features to it before introducing the system would have made it a more beneficial change. but updating this by time to is understandable.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Only because MattEmAngel asked....

http://armorgames.com/play/7446/kolm

RedN
RedN
141 posts
Duke

The Quests i'd like to see:
-Man in Gap :
Easy:Survive 15 Gaps
Medium: Survive 35 Gaps
Hard: Survive 50 Gaps
-Chaos faction 2:
Easy:Complete Zone 1
Medium:Complete Zone 2
Hard:Complete zone 3
Hard: Unlock every character
Armed with wings 3:
Medium: Halfway there: Complete the half of the game
Hard: Defeat vandheer lorde and beat the game!
-Culmination:
Easy:Beat the game on easy mode
Medium: Combo X25
Hard: Beat the game on hard mode
Hard:Unlock all the rewards

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

@TheRed555

You're in the wrong thread to be posting that. The thread to post that on is here.

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

Hey guys, I just wanted to point something out. Your all talking about how spam is the problem, AP caused it, blah blah blah. Well guess what, quests were not the answer. If you look on any game now there is still loads of spam comments, wanna know why? It doesn't matter if you get AP for it. The comment count still showss up on your profile, which still means you can say "Hey, i have more comments than you!" to your friends. Getting rid of AP did not stop it really. If you want spam gone, you can't even have that comment count on peoples profile. Spam will not stop until the measuring of comments stops. Personally, i would still like to know how many comments i have. But if your all caught up in spam, its gotta go. Getting rid of AP wasn't good enough. Just pointing that out.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Even though you have a point by pointing that out lirks011... I would also like to point out that we are shoveling spam every day and users abusing the game comments are handled just like they were before the Quests launched, maybe even harder now because it is no longer for gaining AP but for 'ure spamming'.

As for feedback on Quests... I would like to see new games coming out with Quests added to them straight away. Isn't this possible to achieve when receiving games for hosting here? The new game Battle For Darkness is a great example of a game that could have Quests in there, maybe even add a few like "Kill 200 Realm units with Archers" or "Sacrifice 50 Goblins before day 20"? Just a thought... =)

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

Even though you have a point by pointing that out lirks011... I would also like to point out that we are shoveling spam every day and users abusing the game comments are handled just like they were before the Quests launched, maybe even harder now because it is no longer for gaining AP but for 'ure spamming'.

That's exactly my point though, the users are still constantly spamming, possibly to make mods and admins mad, or possibly for comment bragging rights. Then again, there are those who do not realize AP is gone yet. Many people who do not visit forums would not know, because before i started posting in forums, i hardly ever checked them or my profile, and if they have not checked there profile, they may not know. Even if they did, the comment count box, rates,merits,forums posts, games submitted is still there. So they may just think the new update does not let them see it. So maybe try posting on some peoples wall if they are spamming, and let them know about AP. Maybe some did not realize and will now stop spamming.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

So maybe try posting on some peoples wall if they are spamming, and let them know about AP. Maybe some did not realize and will now stop spamming.

I think a more effective way to let people know AP is gone is to make a news piece about the removal of AP.

As for feedback on Quests... I would like to see new games coming out with Quests added to them straight away. Isn't this possible to achieve when receiving games for hosting here? The new game Battle For Darkness is a great example of a game that could have Quests in there, maybe even add a few like "Kill 200 Realm units with Archers" or "Sacrifice 50 Goblins before day 20"? Just a thought... =)

That has been suggested before and should be considered, though it will most likely mean longer wait times before games are released, and there will most likely be games that aren't compatible with quests, in which case quests should not be added.
Showing 481-495 of 605