ForumsThe TavernWhat makes you hate the internet?

46 7198
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Everyone loves the internet but sometimes you just want to rant. I'm in that sort of mood now and I'm sure other people are sometimes too. I've cooled off now (I'm righting this after I wrote the rant) but I just need to post it.

If there's one thing I hate about the internet is arguing. It's the most mindless sort of talk that happens everywhere and most of the time it is completely pointless and unnecessary. Before you start an argument you have to know one thing. No matter what you say, even if you completely destroy their argument, even if you make them look like a fool... they will never say my username. Sure that happens in real life too, but on the internet it seems that there is an invisible barrier where you can be as stupid as you want and make the most strange accusations without anyone saying, "Wait a minute, I didn't even talk at all about the argument". It frustrates me how both people go out of an argument thinking that they've won the argument and the only way they will admit they were wrong is by making some stupid excuse. ("LOL YOU GOT TROLLED!", "U MAD BRO!&quot even when they were being serious when trying to win the argument.

That's another thing; winning an argument. How do you win an argument on the internet? The same way you win a rap battle; insults. The more you insult, the more you win, (Eg. "Look, I hate tolerating mindless idiots like you but to be honest, I just can't help point out your stupidity). BAM! That guy thinks he has one the argument immediately. No matter what he says after that, unless you come up with a better insult (That makes you lose dignity) you feel like you are somewhat lower than the person you are talking to.

And then there is people that avoid questions that are in the post and instead focus on something minor and insignificant.

Person 1: " Im pretty sure Obama has not killed 6 billion people. I don't even think there is 6 billion people on this earth"

Person 2: "YOU CAN'T EVEN type I'M. If you can't use punctuation than you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Also, there is 6000000001 people on earth so I'm right."

Person 1: "So you're saying 5 years ago there was 12 billion people on earth and that Obama killed half of them? You didn't answer my question.

Person 2: "ACTUALLY 6 YEARS. LOL. I WIN"

Person 1 messed up a couple of facts and figures but person 2 has completely avoided the area which he was wrong and yet he still thinks he's won. It makes no sense!

ARGHHHGHGHGHGHGHG! *rage internetz quitz*

But seriously, I've been meaning to post this for a while. It's half the reason I have my username.

What makes you hate the internet? I would like to know. It doesn't have to be a rant like mine.

• 46 Replies
red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

slow internet that makes your game freeze up

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I just don't like noobs. That's it I guess.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I just don't like noobs.

I'm curious as to what you define as a 'noob'
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

slow internet that makes your game freeze up

or a game where you can not change the quality so it will not lag anymore.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

People treat other people like the stuff I leave in the toilet.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

People treat other people like the stuff I leave in the toilet.

What's so bad about treating people like water? xD
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Perhaps you should read my line again.
That and stupid people. And people who spend there life on face book.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I don't hate the internet...I hate stupid people on the internet...oh and those that can't handle the internet (pick should know what I'm talking about..people that can't take the criticism on the internet and all)

What's so bad about treating people like water? xD

You either ignore it or you drop undesirable...things..upon it. That isn't a very nice way to treat someone
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

There are things about the internet that can piss me off. Example:

One time I was playing Colony with a foreign ally and opponent and my enemy in the game was very disrespectful to both me and my ally in the game, which was totally uncalled for cause we were nothing but nice and kind to our opponent. For some reason he kept calling me a b*tch and a n*gga, which was not cool cause I am a black man, so that attitude really got me pissed off so I started insulting him (with no curse words might I add) and then he got really pissed and threatened to kill me, which is a bit random considering he had no clue were I lived or who I even am. So then I just left the game and went about the rest of my day. And that is the story of the last time I played Colony kids.

So from all of this, I would say that random and disrespectful behavior is the one and only thing that I hate about the internet. Thats it. Other then that, I love it.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

the only bad thing about it is................ROBLOX HATERS AND FACEBOOK AND MYSPACE

ShadowArchon
ShadowArchon
154 posts
Shepherd

I dislike people who randomly insult for no reason. I also dislike those with such bad grammar and spelling (myself included, at times) that one can barely understand what they are writing.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I hate it when people correct grammar and puctuation because if you can tell what they mean then theres no need to complain I feel like slapping someone when they are like "you mean your not you're idiot".

Coyote421
Coyote421
27 posts
Nomad

2 things about the internet I hate.

1 is the obvious computer virus. That stuff scares the crap out of me beyond compare.

2 is the over-hype of an event and the reactions that come with it. For instance, take Amanda Todd. She killed herself, that in a tragedy, from a mistake and regrets that came with it.

That isn't what bothers me. Its the abuse of her story that bothers me. People talk about the story and what happened and everything, they make memes about her and make her an icon.

The backlash bothers me too. The people who make Amanda Todd look like an idiot, an overreacting model, etc. with memes and posts.

All this hype completely strays from what actually happened. A girl killed herself, and she won't be alive ever again. Nothing you say or post on your blog or Facebook will change that. Just move on and post more pictures of your cat with bread around its head.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

ROBLOX HATERS

The only thing worse are roblox fanboys.
MYSPACE

I'm sorry, what is this? I'm gonna go ask an archeologist, brb.

I thought of another one: children on call of duty who think they are cool. Dude c'mon, you're ten. Can you read? It says M for a reason. Then they walk around boasting. I caught one saying, "oh yeah well I have 5 gold guns". I have 17. In the end, they make us CoD players look like idiots.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

bad spelling, references to things i don't know what they are, things that insult me or something i like. and when thigns suck.

Showing 16-30 of 46