ForumsThe TavernWhat makes you hate the internet?

46 7194
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Everyone loves the internet but sometimes you just want to rant. I'm in that sort of mood now and I'm sure other people are sometimes too. I've cooled off now (I'm righting this after I wrote the rant) but I just need to post it.

If there's one thing I hate about the internet is arguing. It's the most mindless sort of talk that happens everywhere and most of the time it is completely pointless and unnecessary. Before you start an argument you have to know one thing. No matter what you say, even if you completely destroy their argument, even if you make them look like a fool... they will never say my username. Sure that happens in real life too, but on the internet it seems that there is an invisible barrier where you can be as stupid as you want and make the most strange accusations without anyone saying, "Wait a minute, I didn't even talk at all about the argument". It frustrates me how both people go out of an argument thinking that they've won the argument and the only way they will admit they were wrong is by making some stupid excuse. ("LOL YOU GOT TROLLED!", "U MAD BRO!&quot even when they were being serious when trying to win the argument.

That's another thing; winning an argument. How do you win an argument on the internet? The same way you win a rap battle; insults. The more you insult, the more you win, (Eg. "Look, I hate tolerating mindless idiots like you but to be honest, I just can't help point out your stupidity). BAM! That guy thinks he has one the argument immediately. No matter what he says after that, unless you come up with a better insult (That makes you lose dignity) you feel like you are somewhat lower than the person you are talking to.

And then there is people that avoid questions that are in the post and instead focus on something minor and insignificant.

Person 1: " Im pretty sure Obama has not killed 6 billion people. I don't even think there is 6 billion people on this earth"

Person 2: "YOU CAN'T EVEN type I'M. If you can't use punctuation than you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Also, there is 6000000001 people on earth so I'm right."

Person 1: "So you're saying 5 years ago there was 12 billion people on earth and that Obama killed half of them? You didn't answer my question.

Person 2: "ACTUALLY 6 YEARS. LOL. I WIN"

Person 1 messed up a couple of facts and figures but person 2 has completely avoided the area which he was wrong and yet he still thinks he's won. It makes no sense!

ARGHHHGHGHGHGHGHG! *rage internetz quitz*

But seriously, I've been meaning to post this for a while. It's half the reason I have my username.

What makes you hate the internet? I would like to know. It doesn't have to be a rant like mine.

• 46 Replies
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

People who abuse the internet. (Wikipedia...)

That ruins our internet research experience.

Don't forget to mention some Google searches. They are just plain horrible.

I was looking for economic problems in the Mexican Revolution of 1810 when I saw this website that had revolting answers. Worst of all, it was the most popular of all the websites. That is just plain wrong and abusive. Many ignorant people just plain steps up and ruin everything. -.-

fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

1-Facebook
2-twitter
3-over reaction of idiotic people who know no real knowledge on the topic
4-online political arguements
5-virisus
6-wrong wikipedia information
7-having to figure out what every term means
8-children who are looking at stuff they shouldn't
9-Youtube
10-stuff that shouldn't be on the internet in the first place for anyone to see

There 10 reasons to hate the internet.

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

i hate the guy in the comments section that always thinks he knows more about everything than anybody else does. he is annoying and shuld kill himself

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Social media. no more to say.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I hate 2 minute ads that play that have nothing to do with you and cant skip my god

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

The people. (No offense to the users of AG, a good proportion of you guys are really intelligient )

So. Annoying.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

You know, to be honest the Internet has been a fine and dandy place for me. Nothing to mad mad about, no, all is great!

It's the horrid drug that keeps you from being productive GAH!

indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

Hmm.Slow loading,Ads..
I hate people on Facebook that change their profile pictures every 2 mins.,I hate the statuses with a heart,I hate when people send me about 15 gifts on stupid games.I don't care if you wan't to open a stupid crate!Do it yourself....

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup has never once visited 4chan, or 9gag. However he hates when 9 year olds on face book say stupid things. Killersup acually read a girl who was in the fifth grade say " oh no obama was voted back into office. He is a musslum! He doesn't even cross his hand over his heart!"

retarded children.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@bigjacob

I must say its kinda hard to avoid PEOPLE on the Internet xD and I hate flamers (the bad word guys right?) and spammers that lag out my browser -_-

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Well i kinda like internet, but there is a thing which pisses me off... alot. Hackers on colony. The most evil thing that can happen, they ruin the game, you need to take the blame, most of them dont get in trouble. Let me tell you a few stories:

My 1st day at playing multiplayer on colony: So i loved that game, and i was a noob, of course. So then i was just playing a match on colony. Until a hacker like... hacked a player in the opposite team, just making like 60 prides, he asked "what is going on, whos hacking?" or something like that. I was also thinking whats going on. Me and the guy who got hacked were starting to get friends, until i got hacked too, and all the players blamed me and were telling stuff like: "Jeff, youre the hacker!" "F*** you Jeff!" While i was trying to explain that i was not the hacker. Then the guy who got hacked made a game called "f*** Jeff*. Good thing i was able to explain him that i was not the hacker.

Sometimes the ones who call you a hacker are just beginners: s

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I suggest playing only with players you know, Jeff.

--

Another reason to hate the internet: cyber bullying!

Although I have never actually heard of someone being cyber bullied except from my guidance counselor...

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Sorry, accidentaly clicked submit, stupid mouse. Anyway.

Sometimes the ones who call you a hacker are just beginners: so i already knew alot of stuff about colony, even though i was still kinda suckish. I was playing a 1v1 with a guy named Robiness. His units were exploding while my units weren't doing anything to him (animation glitch), and he pretty much blamed me for his units blowing up, i told him that it was an animation glitch, he pretty much told me to shut up. After that when we went to lobby, he said: "dont play with Jeff, he hacks" and hes still thinking that i hack, he must be telling that i hack to people, or something like that.

Guests + html = hell: a few people have noticed my thread in flash games where i meantioned that i wish colony wouldnt have guests. Well the thing is that i was playing colony with my friend orestis1999, until i got muted. I left the game and went in the lobby, then i got muted over and over again, my friend was asking me whats going on, i had enough time to tell him whats going on, then the guest also started muting orestis. Then me and the guest had a private colony match, he pretty much called me a hacker and he said he has seen me hacking. I left multiplayer and when i came back the guest was gone, i hope he will never return.

Soo yeah, colony was (note: was) good, but the multiplayer is not working. And colony has alot of people who have pissed me off. Alot.

-Jeff

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

My 1st day at playing multiplayer on colony: So i loved that game, and i was a noob, of course. So then i was just playing a match on colony. Until a hacker like... hacked a player in the opposite team, just making like 60 prides, he asked "what is going on, whos hacking?" or something like that. I was also thinking whats going on. Me and the guy who got hacked were starting to get friends, until i got hacked too, and all the players blamed me and were telling stuff like: "Jeff, youre the hacker!" "F*** you Jeff!" While i was trying to explain that i was not the hacker. Then the guy who got hacked made a game called "f*** Jeff*. Good thing i was able to explain him that i was not the hacker.
Similar thing happened to me on Starcraft. I was playing a Use Map Settings map and everytime the game was started Player 2 (me) would instantly win. Happened several times in a row, until they banned me. Then, later, one of the other players joined one of the games I was hosting, just to call me a hacker. (have to wonder who else he told that)

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Ugh I had a really big grudge on hackers ever since Everybody Edits was hacked on the AG side, now noone can find it on the Misc. section anymore they have to use a stupid link.

Hackers on colony.

Now you know why I never went back to colony.
Showing 31-45 of 46