Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

SIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 7:37pm

daleks

daleks

3,209 posts

So even though I have gotten a merit from a game comment can I still be part of this. It sounds like fun!

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 8:27pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

736 posts

Add me to sir!! i would like to be part of this Awesome experiance

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 8:33pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,841 posts

Yeah, you guys would join up after I update the roster. I'll put you guys on the next update. Now get working!

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 8:45pm

daleks

daleks

3,209 posts

Shell Shock live is a great online game. You can play a quick match on it or you can play a longer match for more XP. There are many great things about it but also some things that could be improved.
First, the parts of the game I really enjoy. There are many different weapons in the game. They are all unique and have advantages and disadvantages. The game is also mostly skill based. There is some luck involved but overall because of the power and angle meters you are in control and can know how much you have adjusted by. There are also many different maps. Some are basic maps where you can just aim straight at your enemy. Others you cannot and you have to use more skill to hit them. Another part of this game I think they did a good job on is making sure that higher levels and deluxe members don't have an unfair advantage over other members. While they do get some better weapons the weapons are not totally overpowered to where it is not fair. Like I said before it takes skill to win.
There are some parts of the game that could be improved. The main one is the invite system. The only way as of now to invite someone to your game is to send them the code outside of the game. For people without a chat system outside of the game it is impossible. Also I think there should be a bigger penalty for people that leave the game because they are losing. 10 XP is not much so people do it all the time. There is also a minor glitch I believe with the flower weapon in which it does not damage. It doesn't happen often but when it does it is annoying. Lastly, it would be nice if you were able to filter the games by type.
Overall, Shell Shock is a great game that you can spend hours(even days) playing. There are improvements that could be made but I believe that it is one of the best games on AG.

Hrmm...This is pretty old but let's see what you think of it.

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 9:28pm

toprichieboy

toprichieboy

65 posts

Colony is a rts (real time strategy) game that has single player campaign, and also features multiplayer. This game is very easy to pick up, yet requires skill to win. Any person would be able to do the builds: ie, bank, outpost, but the real game decider is your ability to micro manage resources, units, and develop strategy.

Storyline 8/10
You begin with a short tutorial, which offers you some insight to the world of Colony and its controls. On the first mission, you are investigating the lack of communication from Bjorn's settlement. As you steadily progress to the last mission (6), you will play all the different factions that are trying to take control: Facist, Capitalist, and Communist. The Campaign seemed generic and I kept asking myself why are they going to war. I believe it should have better explanations. When the Ai speaks, it says the same lines over. Generic Material. Very short campaign, finished in 10 minutes, and has no replay value at all. 8/10

Graphics/Sound 10/10
These graphics  are masterfully done. The sound matches your mood and alerts you when buildings are finished. Loading screens are informative, and do not last a century. Great work Krin!

Multiplayer 10/10
Here's where the real fun comes in :). Multiplayer features different chat rooms (lobby, afk garden) and different "modes." These modes, such as Earthquake, present the player limited options to building. For example, in cold war the player is not able to produce missles. These added mods add much more excitement! You also have the ability to choose your government, like facist or communist, and that gives you a perk in resources. I think the presence of government really separates Colony from other rts games. The ONLY major problem in Colony is the amount of hackers/glitchers. If it was included in the multiplayer score, I would have given it a 5/10. Hackers/glitchers are very annoying. Because it is not really "part" of the game I have not included it. I only hope Krin can get out an update to fix this part.

Gameplay 10/10
Easy to pick up, hard to master. Usually your strategy coincides with your government. The added monarch government adds some new color to the usual strategy. I think more governments would be good and unit upgraders.
Really, once you have the basic builds down, it just comes down to micro. Adding these things should help spice things up. 10/10

(Suggestions)
Upgraded units ( Changes strategy from generic material)
Upgraded defense structure (In colony, the best defense is offense. There is virtually no advantages to defending. You gain influence from attacking. An upgraded defense structure allows more variety and teching.)
fix glitchers and hackers( makes game unplayable, will result in more players joining multiplayer)
fix glitches, Unkillable unit, land based units attacking air (Makes me sad)
Stop the rank reset (Rank reset makes users play it less due to the lack of info about a persons skill level)
A new government ( Spice things up, Change builds, adds strategy)
Make hotkeys posted on the tutorial so we know which hotkey is which. (Needs to be easy to pick up. I didn't learn about hotkeys until a year after I started.)
3v3's (more exciting, more players come on)
Great game 9.5/10 Has replay value in multiplayer. Able to make friends on chat. In my opinion, best game on armorgames.

~toprichieboy

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 9:47pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,557 posts

Knight

Okay, I think I might have my draft review pretty much completed. Be advised: I am going to improve the closing comment. I just can't think of good wording to use. Be frank with any criticisms you may have. I would appreciate an honest reaction. (In other words, if you don't like something about my review, say so.) Enjoy!

The second in a successful series of arcade shooters, Dogfight 2 is a World War 1 fighter pilot simulation game. You are portrayed as an ace pilot fighting for the Germans using a Fokker Dr.I. Your missions range from attacking patrols, to defending your base, to intercepting enemy bombers.

The game develops rather nicely. Progressing from simple, and relatively easy levels to challenging, difficult levels that require the use of careful strategy to use your four available fighter tactics to survive. Gameplay is relatively simple, using only four buttons to enjoy the full value of the game.

While I considered the game to be fairly enjoyable, it does have some negative aspects. Firstly, the audio is not at all developed well. One soundtrack is used throughout the entire game, constantly repeating itself every time a level is completed or ends. The lack of change in the soundtrack makes the audio part of the game annoying and monotonous, thus destroying the enjoyability of the game. Another con that this game has, is the graphics engine cannot handle multiple actions at once. More then 7-10 planes on screen at one time can lead to creation of slight motion lag, while more then 10 planes can lead to severe lagging and delay of action. (This may produce different results, depending on the quality and condition of the computer used to play the game.)

Overall, I must say that I am satisfied with Dogfight 2. It's challenging, and fairly realistic for a flash game.

Posted Nov 18, '12 at 11:41pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

Alright I posted it on the game! :D

Can't wait for the premium advantages.

I feel like writing more merits now but it is really exhausting.

http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/g/graduation_cap_and_diploma-2091.jpg

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 12:12am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,844 posts

@IAgreeWithYou: You don't write a merit, you write a review that maybe gets rewarded with a merit.
I too would go write another comment like that to try to get another merit, but the problem is that it's very unlikely that it would be noticed by anyone who would reward it or benifit from it (such as the person who made the game, or someone looking for do's and don'ts for a game they are planning in making). So I shall suffer through it till the morrow when a new game will (probably) come out. But it is late where I am so I don't have to suffer all that much.

Thank you again Gantic, I shall use my new knowledge again A.S.A.P.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 12:20am

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

Thanks for the thought many man but I knew that you write a review that may get a merit.

My normal comment is somewhere like this: "I like the game but the monkeys need to be balanced with the elephants and lions. Still had a lot of fun, 8/10"

If I was going for a merit (Which I have tried before) it would be like what I wrote.

When I asked about merits everyone seemed to tell me that there was little chance. When I tried writing a review that might get a merit I was doing it a quarter for the writing practice, another quarter for the creator to MAYBE see it and half due to wanting a merit.

Is that right? Probably not, but why is the merit there anyway? To encourage thoughtful comments. Unfortunately it takes about 10 seconds to get 30AP if there wasn't a timer and a merit takes a good 10-30 minutes.

Posted Nov 19, '12 at 12:27am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,844 posts

Only half to get a merit, man you lying or your far too nice to last. I was pretty much just saying for someone to see it to be nice and all, it's about 98% merit for me. And yeah it wouldn't be that hard to get 30AP really fast since the comment timer is broken. But even at that, getting the AP that way doesn't compare to the glory of getting a merit.