Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

SIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 9:05pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,785 posts

Touched up a small amount. Just added a little to the beginning and the end.

Elona shooter: the review

This game is actually a spin-off from the online multiplayer series called “Elona.”The game has been out for a while, and has earned a solid rating of nine. Its highly addictive and its “never ending.”The game has three difficulties. They are hardcore, casual, and normal. Under hardcore the saved game of the player is erased at the beginning of every new level. Casual and normal are known to be a lot easier than hardcore, and the game is saved at the beginning of every level. The player is trying to survive wave after wave of attackers that are trying to bring down your castle. You can originally choose through four different classes that have different abilities that help the team. As the player continues they will find that they will need to find better guns and more people. A house can be upgraded that can allow the player to have another unit that will attack. Better guns, explosives, and extra health can be found at the armory. However, they change every day so it is hard to guess when a certain assistant can be found. There is a museum that will have unlockables and shows what the player can get for unlocking them. The achievements range from owning lots of chickens to robbing children. More things can be bought that will help the player get through each level. Both the player and their units can level up. This will cause them to upgrade a skill. At the end of each day a player will be given a certain amount of AP (up to 8 with the hyperactive skill.) This AP can be used to refresh the armory to selling your chicken eggs for money and ect. As the days go on more and more challenges will be brought upon the user. A henchman can be bought for a day to help the user fight through these enemies. However, he requires that you pay him half of the reward that you get for the day. After day forty the enemies will be reset. This can often trick the player into thinking that the game is over. However, the enemies now have upgraded health and attack power, about triple. Every ten days during the first forty there will be a boss day. A bunch of bosses will come from the left side of the screen equipped with shields and either pistols or grenade launchers. After forty days, three days will be taken off for each boss day. As an example, on days ten, twenty, thirty, and forty there will be boss days. Then days forty-seven, fifty-seven, sixty-seven, and seventy-seven will be boss days. After that another three days will be taken off. When starting the game the castle will have forty points of health. More points can be bought from town though so the player can last linger during the latter parts of the game. Suicide sisters can be bribed into strapping on explosives and throwing themselves into the middle of the battlefield causing a power-full explosion when they are shot. Overall the game was well done. It might be a little better if there was not such a steep learning curve. Also, every single time a soldier levels up their wage increases a little. With three unites for help this can soon become very expensive.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 9:26pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,871 posts

Knight

@R2D21999

I find it better not to sort into categories and churn out ''forced'' reviews. Kills the flow.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 11:21pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,838 posts

REVIEWS:
@R2D21999 I don't see a good reason for breaking up your comment like that. One sentence sections aren't really sections and you really aren't saying much with just those singular sentences. Is the story supposed to explain more than the ghost wanting to reclaim the house? You don't need the section about controls because that really doesn't say anything.You also misspelled Halloween a couple times.
@killersup10 You wrote a game guide. You need less guide and more about what you think about the game.

ROSTER:
70_70_70
Blackbeltr0
Chris3142
colony101
danielhuy
EmperorPalpatine
GhostOfHorror
jostar11
killersup10
Levitikys
light_chaser
mrpoke
pangtongshu*
powerrock
R2D21999
royalguy
superbobdabest
TheRed555
trying
VonHeisenbourg
vinster132
xeano321
xerox
xXxDAPRO89xXx
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

SIPPYCUpS Graduates: daleks*, IAgreeWithYou, ImTheMostManlyMan, Jacen96, kegaumongo, Patrick2011, soccerdude2, toprichieboy

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 11:23pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,871 posts

Knight

Need to check if up to scratch; haven't written in eons.

Another upload, another similar, monotonous FlyAnvil shooter. About as enthralling as one gets from the producers, who haven't changed the formula (Tilting the screen to an FPS compared to previous games doesn't count; it's cheating), much like the producers of the Saw series, milking a cash cow till it withers away. It still packs a punch though; one can never go wrong with big guns blazing and mindless shooting where one has little chance of dying and failing the game (at least in the opinion of this gamer).
If this were an originality contest, Engage would be down in the dumpsters, next to the faux teenage vampire cliches that bog down much of modern culture. But originality is a one mere angle to judge a game, and a more muted level of criticism should be aimed at it; it is still miles ahead of many other shooters, and proves why FlyAnvil is so popular. It does move up along the sophistication ladder a notch; the dizzying movements as the character runs and guns does remind this gamer of the fond fits he had playing Battlefield, whilst the horrendous aiming system of switching guns randomly (Stop.It), with the sniper rifle's scope giving this gamer migraines, do add a tad of realism.

What the game does need, to transcend the normal horizon of a half an hour Flash Game tops is a juicer and better flashed out storyline. Is the word storyline even warranted? It was poorly executed, the characters were bland, lifeless cardboard pop outs, whilst I was left wandering why I was parachuted in alone to reenact Starship Troopers. At least give me a reason why that research is so precious. What are the insects? Who am I? What is the history of the place? Why is there a wrecked hippie love colony-esque camp in the middle of nowhere?

Ultimately, it satisfies more than it disappoints, after all, Flash Games are only meant for under an hour entertainment, and nothing more before being consigned to the back of one's mind. Let's see if the sequel can do better.

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 6:17am

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,186 posts

You also misspelled Halloween a couple times

*facepalms* I can't believe I did that here I'll fix it:

Haunt the House

The gameplay was quite enjoyable due to the fact that it was about a ghost scaring people out of a house. The objective is (obviously) to scare people out of the house by posessing items in the house. My personal favorite part of the game was scaring people too much and making them jump out the windows, although this was quite funny I found out that I lose points at the end of the game.

The art and graphics I have to say were not very good, even though the art/graphics clearly brought the setting of holloween, it lacked color and everything looked like it came from paper.

There I hope that's better.

Posted Nov 28, '12 at 7:02pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

Okay.... Since i entered before i had 0 merits... Now that i have two does that make me inelligeble? :P

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 10:13am

renegadeo

renegadeo

17 posts

I would like to signup for this please.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 2:01pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,838 posts

REPLIES:
@xXxDAPRO89xXx Look up what "before" means in the dictionary.

REVIEWS:
I will get to it later.

ROSTER:
70_70_70
Blackbeltr0
Chris3142
colony101
danielhuy
EmperorPalpatine
GhostOfHorror
jostar11
killersup10
Levitikys
light_chaser
mrpoke
nichodemus*
pangtongshu*
powerrock
R2D21999
renegadeo
royalguy
superbobdabest
TheRed555
trying
VonHeisenbourg
vinster132
xeano321
xerox
xXxDAPRO89xXx
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

SIPPYCUpS Graduates: daleks*, IAgreeWithYou, ImTheMostManlyMan, Jacen96, kegaumongo, Patrick2011, soccerdude2, toprichieboy

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 7:40pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,838 posts

REVIEWS:
@nichodemus Not bad, minor problems.
P1 First sentence isn't actually a sentence. The second one isn't either. I'm pretty sure, together, they make one sentence.
P1 L7 You need to figure out which word you want to use: "a" or "one".
P1 L11 You can turn of the automatic switching of weapons in the Armory.
P2 L1 You're missing a comma between "tops" and "is" and you don't need the word "tops".
P2 L2 "fleshed" not "flashed"
P3 L1 That should be two sentences. The first one ending after disappoints.
@R2D21999 "Halloween" is still misspelled. The second paragraph should be two sentences. Why weren't the graphics very good?

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 8:13pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,871 posts

Knight

Thanks Gantic, been out of practice.