SIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 10:17am

Tactical_Fish

Tactical_Fish

385 posts

Game Review: Attempt One
Game: St. Pattack
St. Pattack is a side scrolling beat 'em up with a Irish air about it. You play as St. Pattack, attempting to free Ireland from the menace of snakes, druids, and evil leprechauns by beating all of said enemies with your staff. This is not a game where you can expect to be sitting at your computer for hours trying to beat it. It's simple, but still a lot of fun.

The graphics are very good on St. Pattack. Everything looks very smooth, and the game flows well. Again, don't expect anything fancy like shadowing or 3D effects. There's a lot of color to keep it interesting as well.
The sound comes out great as well. There's Irish-sounding music in the background, it's probably supposed to be a flute or pipes. Every character has their own voice: St. Pattack yelling at his enemies, snakes hissing, bosses taunting, and a lot of leprechauns spouting nonsense. It looks and sounds very in depth without being too complicated.

The gameplay is very simple. You can move around, drop off of platforms, and shield yourself with the arrow keys. There's one attack button (swing your staff) and a special attack, which I won't spoil now. There's a lot of room to run around, platforms to jump on. The way the game "advances" is that certain enemies drop coins. You must collect a certain number of coins to advance to the nest level. In addition to coins, some enemies drop potatoes, which replenish your health, or beers, which add to your special attacks. Every level also has sheep that can be killed for stew, which also adds to your health. The game also has two bosses. Both require a special strategy to defeat them. I won't spoil those for you either.

Another thing I enjoy about this game is the way the two skill levels work. There's easy and hard. Easy is really not difficult at all, but I used it to learn the strategy of beating the bosses, before moving on to the seriously difficult hard level.

Improvement-wise, I'm not sure how much improving can be done to this game. Not because it's the best game ever, but because there's just not much that can be done to it. The only two things I could think of are to add combo attacks, controlled by the player, to the game. The other addition is just to add more levels. I really enjoyed this game, and it didn't get boring for me at all. I just want it to last longer.

Overall, I give St. Pattack a 9/10. The one point that's left could be attained my adding the two above improvements, especially adding more levels.

NOTE: My 1 merit is from reporting and adbot. I have the email for that in case it is needed.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 2:24pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

REPLIES:
@Tactical_Fish You need to link to that merit.

REVIEWS:
@shanke That is really short for a game like Strike Force Heroes. What did you think of the gameplay? the weapons? How does it compare to other games of the same genre?
@Tactical_Fish I'll have to get to yours later.

ROSTER:
70_70_70
Blackbeltr0
Chris3142
colony101
danielhuy
EmperorPalpatine
GhostOfHorror
jostar11
killersup10
Levitikys
light_chaser
mrpoke
pangtongshu*
powerrock
R2D21999
renegadeo
royalguy
shanke
superbobdabest
Tactical_Fish*
TheRed555
Yugoslavia4ever
VonHeisenbourg
vinster132
xeano321
xerox
xXxDAPRO89xXx
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

SIPPYCUpS Graduates: daleks*, IAgreeWithYou, ImTheMostManlyMan, Jacen96, kegaumongo, nichodemus*, Patrick2011, soccerdude2, toprichieboy

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 6:05pm

1zth

1zth

189 posts

I'm in. Last castle.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 6:12pm

Tactical_Fish

Tactical_Fish

385 posts

Um, the roster says I'm ineligible, but my merit was NOT from a game comment. Here's the link. It was the one at 9:15 PM on 11/21.
http://armorgames.com/comments/show/5331502/user

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 8:12pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

REVIEWS:
@Tactical_Fish I list as ineligible until proof of eligibility is provided.
P4 L4 Is there actually a nest level or did you mean next level?
P5 L1 You say "Another thing" you enjoyed. What was the previous thing? or the first thing? The four previous paragraphs are mostly describing the game.
P6 Why these suggestions? Are the attacks too simple? Is the game too short?

ROSTER:
1zth
70_70_70
Blackbeltr0
Chris3142
colony101
danielhuy
EmperorPalpatine
GhostOfHorror
jostar11
killersup10
Levitikys
light_chaser
mrpoke
pangtongshu*
powerrock
R2D21999
renegadeo
royalguy
shanke
superbobdabest
Tactical_Fish
TheRed555
Yugoslavia4ever
VonHeisenbourg
vinster132
xeano321
xerox
xXxDAPRO89xXx
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

SIPPYCUpS Graduates: daleks*, IAgreeWithYou, ImTheMostManlyMan, Jacen96, kegaumongo, nichodemus*, Patrick2011, soccerdude2, toprichieboy

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 9:15pm

shanke

shanke

46 posts

how about me i got no merits

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 9:51pm

Tactical_Fish

Tactical_Fish

385 posts

Okay, here's a link to the merit, not a URL. The merit is for the two comments made on 11/21, not the one on 11/24. I'll get back to you on the review.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 10:02pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

@shanke You're already on the roster with eligibility.
@Tactical_Fish I already removed the asterisk next to your name on the roster.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 10:52pm

shanke

shanke

46 posts

Game Review: Attempt One
Game:Strike Force Heroes
Strike Force Heroes is a RPG shooting game. you play the role of a soldier who is trying to stop a evil organisation called Globlex from killing people infected with a new still in development nerve toxin. the organisation is trying to spread a nerve toxin which makes anyone infected highly aggressive and kills anyone even the people closes to them . with the help of a scientist whose facility made the a new kind nerve toxin which was create to be used against a infantry units. you create  a cure with the help of a special plant's enzyme after getting attacked by Globlex and the virus spreads out it infects your team and u have to kill them and u play a series of missions and when Globlex plans to launch a nuke to stop the virus from spreading u have to stop them you can't so u have to board the nuke and replace the warhead with the cure.

The graphics are very good in Strike Force Heroes everything is smooth there is shadowing only in some maps

the game has some songs and if you play for a long time it gets seared in your brain every character in your team as his own voice. sometimes the enemies speak and the boss talks the most among the enemies

The game-play:the game-play is very simple u use the mouse to shoot and WASD keys to move or arrow keys and there a pickup able two items  the first one is Ammunition crates for your gun( every has a Ammunition limited)
and health kits for your health .there are 4 unique classes which you can level up and each class has a unique primary weapon.but the secondary weapons are same for ever class and  ever class has a  unique skills which may be (passive or active ) but the killstreaks(which you can use only after killing a certain amount enemies (maximum 4) and u use E to activate it  are do that unique for every class (some killstreaks are unique for each class but not all are unique)there is only one boss (who is a assassin class but uses weapons of other classes)u earn money and EXP by killing enemies and the higher your level the more weapons you have unlocked and you have higher stats (the STATS are health,critical,aim,ammo)the name of the classes are Tank the class has shields and shotguns and has the most  health
Commando the class has machine guns and explosives and has the most ammo     
Assassin  the class has sniper rifles and melee weapons and has the most aim and critical
Medic the class has assault rifles and magnums and is a all rounder

the levels get harder and harder and there is campaign and challenges the (challenges are harder than the campaign)

Improvements:the soldier could give commands and it need grenades needs some type of type when you kill like two in a row soldiers(like Armor Mayhem)  and more rescue missions and some assassination missions and some more missions in both campaign and challenges

Overall,Strike Force Heroes i give 10/10 even if i want these improvements  i might be too addicted to this game.

NOTE:there is a bug i think when a enemy or one of my allies dies and if his corpse touches a pick up item he collects it .

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 10:53pm

shanke

shanke

46 posts

how about this?