ForumsNewcomers Forum

SIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 1:48pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,776 posts

REPLIES:
@nichodemus Focusing on details before getting the big picture is a waste of time. It doesn't matter what words are used as long as an idea is conveyed in a thoughtful, understandable manner.

REVIEWS:
@shanke Much better. There's one small issue and a bunch of small grammatical issues. Fix those and you're done. You need to put a space after every period not before every period.
P1 L1 Should be two sentences. First one ends after Armor Games. Capitalize Armor Games.
P1 L2 "But...time." isn't a full sentence.
P1 L3 "were" not "was" because "last levels" is plural.
P1 L3-4 "The challenges the same." You're missing a verb, probably were.
P1 L6 You're missing punctuation after "all)". There should be a period after it. "the...voices." would be a new sentence.
P1 L7 "Improvement-wise" add the hyphen.
P1 L8 That should be a comma between "grenades" and "so".
P2 Leave off the last sentence, "For me...games". If it doesn't really matter, leave it out.
alovera1 There are several grammatical issues.
P1 L1 That's not a grammatical sentence. The subject appears twice, but there are no commas. You're also missing a linking verb.
P1 L3 "Because" is capitalized for no reason.
P1 L3-4 You do not need this sentence: "I forgot...top)."
Drake20 Pick one review.

ROSTER:
1zth
70_70_70
alovera1
Blackbeltr0
Chris3142
colony101
danielhuy
Drake20
EmperorPalpatine
GhostOfHorror
jostar11
killersup10
Levitikys
light_chaser
mrpoke
MyLittleGamer
pangtongshu*
powerrock
R2D21999
renegadeo
royalguy
shanke
superbobdabest
Tactical_Fish
TheRed555
Yugoslavia4ever
VonHeisenbourg
vinster132
xeano321
xerox
xXxDAPRO89xXx
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

SIPPYCUpS Graduates: daleks*, IAgreeWithYou, ImTheMostManlyMan, Jacen96, kegaumongo, nichodemus*, Patrick2011, soccerdude2, toprichieboy

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 4:27pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

I know this is irrelevant to the point of the thread since I know we can't choose MMO's as our games, but, are merits not awarded on MMO's at all?

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 5:56pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,776 posts

We cannot award merits for MMOs. The MMO comment system is different from the regular game comment system. You can tell just by looking at the two. Even if it were possible, it would be infeasible given the number of players and number of comments that are constantly put out for MMOs. You only get to see 10 comments per page and there are literally hundreds and thousands of pages of comments. Super popular games that gets hundreds of pages of comments and those are manageable in maybe a day or two, but MMOs would be a waste of time. The content also changes a lot over time so reviews will become outdated in months or years. So if it were possible, I highly doubt anyone would actually check.

If that doesn't make sense, picture it like this:
Maintaining game comments would be like a zombie onslaught game set in a city overrun by zombies and you're protecting different zones (i.e. maintaining different games). Short spammy comments are zombies. Meritable comments are survivors. The administrators and moderators are zombie slayers defending the city of Armor Games. Now, the administrators are the ultimate zombie slayers (They have access to ridiculous anti-zombie nukes.) but they have other duties that take their time like maintaining the actual infrastructure of the city where humans live. Without a city, there'd be no point defending. The moderators are the ones who have to go out every day with their miniguns to mow down the hordes that have overtaken the outer parts of the city and rescue survivors that have stranded themselves or were out there for other reasons, while also maintaining the peace inside the city. Survivors have pistols, but they're useless outside of their own home, so they have to set beacon flags to notify the proper authorities of increasing zombie hordes.
A regular game gets maybe 5-15 pages of comments. That's would be a normal level zone in the outer parts of the city. Rescuing survivors is easy.
A more popular game gets maybe 15+ pages of comments. That's a hard level zone. Rescuing survivors takes a bit more effort.
A super popular game gets 100+ pages of comments. That's a boss level zone. It'll be hell but if prepared, those survivors will be rescued in no time.
An MMO game gets a ridiculous amount of pages of comments and more pages every day almost constantly. That's endless survival mode. Maybe one survivor if we're lucky.
A super popular MMO gets an even more ridiculous amount of pages of comments and the rate at which it gets more pages increases every day because it is super popular. That's endless survival hardcore zombie hell factory mode. There are so many zombies that it's literally impossible to walk through. They're jammed together tighter than sardines and they keep on coming. The survivors are as good as dead.
Oh, and there's no high score table, no storyline, no upgrades, and when you leave a zone zombies start to fill it in again, so you're just killing zombies just 'cause but people will complain about the zombies even though you've cleared out other zones because the zone they just went to had zombies. So unless the system is changed, it's pretty impractical.

Not a great analogy and totally off topic, but yeah, no Judge Dredd references about retired moderators.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 10:29pm

shanke

shanke

67 posts

ame Review: Attempt two
Game:Strike Force Heroes
Strike Force Heroes is a RPG shooting game.

This game is one of the best games I have played in Armor games. I like the graphics and the voices of the soldier. But there are only few songs and they start to get irritating after some time,I like the campaign and challenges, but the last levels of the campaign were too easy than the rest of the games . The challenges are also the same. The gameplay is quite easy to learn and the game needs a bit of strategy of finish (especially in capture the flag). Every class has unique skill , which is great but i wish the killstreaks were unique too (some are but not all). The game has enough missions to satisfy me. I like that even the enemies have voices. The weapons are well balance for each class.
"Improvement wise" I would love if I could give some commands to my team to follow me or defend the flag etc and some grenades,so that I can kill groups of enemies. I would like it if I could break stuff like doors or walls to get to the enemy. I wish there were some more assassination missions and rescue missions.

But overall, still one of the best games I have played in armor games
so (10/10)

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 10:32pm

shanke

shanke

67 posts

what are periods?
and sorry for not Capitalizing armor games (last sentence).and for that Game Review: Attempt two it should be three

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 4:53am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,863 posts

@Gantic: that is pretty hilarious to read. Not a bad analogy at all.

@shanke: if I'm not mistaken (though I could be), it's this punctuation mark: a dot.
You shouldn't write "the rest of the games . The challenges". You should change it to "the rest of the games. The challenges". (The space after the dot, not before it). And I think you should also apply this rule to commas.

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 5:31am

shanke

shanke

67 posts

oohh THXS 4 the info

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 12:17pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,973 posts

Knight

Okay, I think I might have my review finished:

The second in a successful series of arcade shooters, Dogfight 2 is a World War 1 fighter pilot simulation game. You are an ace pilot fighting for the Germans using a Fokker Dr.I. Your missions range from attacking patrols, to defending your base, to intercepting enemy bombers.

The game develops rather nicely. Progressing from simple, and relatively easy levels to challenging, difficult levels that require the use of careful strategy to use your four available fighter tactics to survive.

While I considered the game to be fairly enjoyable, it does have some negative aspects. Firstly, the audio is not at all developed well. One soundtrack is used throughout the entire game, constantly repeating itself every time a level is completed or ends. The lack of change in the soundtrack makes the audio part of the game annoying and monotonous, thus making the audio not as enjoyable to listen to. Another negative point I would like to bring up, is the graphics engine. If there is multiple actions occurring at one time during gameplay, the graphics can tend to freeze, or run with considerable lag. While this issue occurs only occasionally, it does lead to a rather un-enjoyable gameplay experience.

I enjoyed the challenge involved in completing each level of the game. Figuring out which plane to shoot down first and which to shoot down last, when to use bombs, and when to use guns, and also when to use the four available Ace tactics to their full advantage. I also found the game to be fairly realistic... Sound effects and graphics were used to their full advantage to create a pretty realistic World War I atmosphere.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the game in its entirety. While it may be plagued with a few minor problems, they are mostly small issues, without much effect on the gameplay or the enjoyability. I highly recommend playing Dogfight 2. It's a game which can be played and enjoyed many times.

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 12:53pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,776 posts

I will get to the reviews later.

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 7:17pm

MRWalker82

MRWalker82

4,200 posts

tl;dr

your reviews suck, no merits will be awarded and you all shall be flogged mercilessly. we now return to your regularly scheduled program.