Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

SIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 7:09pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,052 posts

Okay i'll join. I'll do Chuck the Sheep.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 7:32pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,566 posts

Knight

I guess I'll sign up... Can always use a little advice now and then =D.

Hrm... I guess I'll do my review on Exit Path 2.

Hey Gantic, how did you happen to come up with the title for this program?

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 7:40pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,501 posts

Eh what the heck, I'll sign up. I'll do one once I have once spare time or I'm bored. I'm thinking of doing Kingdom Rush. I have to finish the game again to refresh in it though.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 7:43pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

Hi, if I'm eligible I'd like to join. I do not have any merits to date.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 7:51pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,962 posts

@70_70_70: You know me so well, that was my first choice, then he majesty of color then heir then after much debate I decided that heir would be easiest.

So does it start for us when we post our rough draft?

Well, I guess I'll actually have to play a game then, in well at least it's a good one.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 8:54pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,582 posts

Hi, if I'm eligible I'd like to join. I do not have any merits to date.

Anyone without a game comment merit is eligible.

So does it start for us when we post our rough draft?

It starts when you join and select a game. The next step is the rough draft followed by feedback from Gantic.

I have played and taken notes on my selected game and will post my first draft later tonight.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 9:01pm

royalguy

royalguy

92 posts

I will make one for Colony and count it as a school project too.
Oh Yeah

Royal

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 9:50pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,209 posts

@fantasy4life You're out of luck for the guaranteed merit unless you can prove that merit is from you winning a contest or from somewhere else.
@xerox Did you proofread? Your punctualization and capitalization are inconsistent.
@xeano321 SIPPYCUpS was originally envisioned as the "Comment Improvement Program" or "CIP". I demanded that I expand it to something that can be called "sippycup".
@ImTheMostManlyMan It starts when you enroll, unless you've previously completed SIPPYCUpS, which would be impossible.
@royalguy What? You're doing schoolwork by playing Colony and writing a review?

Signed Up for SIPPYCUpS:
70_70_70
fantasy4life*
GhostOfHorror
ImTheMostManlyMan
Patrick2011
R2D21999
royalguy
trying
VonHeisenbourg
vinster132
xeano321
xerox
xXxDAPRO89xXx
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 10:07pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,984 posts

I'll do it when I have time. My only merit is from the Haiku Contest here.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 10:08pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,582 posts

I have created my first draft for the game review of Nuclearoids. The draft is below:

Nuclearoids is a decent game, but it has a few issues. First of all, I like the graphics and the rate of difficulty increase as one advances in the game. I also like how the goal reached message pops up as soon as the goal is reached. I also like the menu, which includes muting, restarting, exiting, and a Remind Goal button, which allows one to revisit the goal. The screen is not too big, and lag is not an issue with this game. I also like the random placement, which makes one think about each attempt differently. However, I find that there is not enough overall variety in the game, both in objectives and in nuclearoids. I also found that gravity is applied inconsistently, and that the late game objectives can be really difficult. As for improvements, I think more nuclearoid types should be added, and a progress bar should be added for each objective so one knows how much of the goal has been achieved so far. Additionally, allowing multiple clicks for tougher objectives would be a good idea, and the power indicator before the explosion click should be longer so one has a better idea of what the click will do. Overall, I think this game is interesting but has plenty of room for improvement.