Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

SIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 10:38pm

Runescape124

Runescape124

3,043 posts

I'll join, but does it have to be a game that is posted to Armor Games? Because I do not see that specified in the original post. I was just wondering, because I'm a big gaming fan of World of Tanks and Runescape (yes, the same MMO my username is derived from, please don't hate on me), and I kinda want to write a review on at least one of them, but don't exactly know where to start.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 10:42pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

They're comments for a merit. You can't get merits on other websites.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 10:51pm

Runescape124

Runescape124

3,043 posts

They're comments for a merit. You can't get merits on other websites.

Oh....Well, I'll still join. Has The Arrow of Time been picked yet? I'll take it.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 11:43pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,617 posts

Well I kept some mind notes about the game and was thinking of the review as I played it. Well, here it is.

As I start the game I'm immediately intrigued by the setting of the menu, followed other graphical curiosities. The first of which is the character. A blank canvas of a person, his blank profile gives him an air of mystery, but you can easily tell that he is the good guy by the fact that he is white as opposed to the usual black and the pose you find him in at the start of the chapters and when he sits idle.

The gameplay was quite enjoyable for those who like this type of game. You run and jump to get to the end of the "chapter", but the shaking of the screen and the tricky obstacles keep you entertained and paying attention. Each chapter of the game kept the same feel as the last one but without being monotonous credited to the new, tricky and fun obstacles that each progressing mission provides.

You find as you continue in the mission that you are about to kill a monster, but first you must climb to the top to hit him at his critical spot located at the top. Getting to the top is no easy feet though, you must go up, down, left and right to get there.

Kudos to you for making the body parts that you climb up and the monsters' full outward appearance go together and not be contradictory to each other. I also think that the job you did on making the levels hard and innovative are so good that I had the tendency to forget that I was climbing a monster, but that feeling of being on a monster was preserved by to things.
The shaking screen followed/accompanied by roaring and finding the weak spot and stabbing and killing it at the end of each chapter.

The music, odd at times, does help intensify the whole thing and put it together nicely. I find that the removal of the music as you go underwater sells the effect of being underwater.

The story was good. It was short, sweet and to the point, but not so much that you don't get to appreciate it. The story part was long enough that you got a good idea as to what was going on but short enough to hold back complaint of it being too gameplay-interrupting. At the end of the story was what I thought was a nice and, in a way, pleasant story twist. I won't go into details about the story but I will say that it's good and kept you paying attention to it.

By the time I first finished it I was ready for the game to be over, but after playing it through for a second time my only complaint is that it wasn't longer.

Tony did a great job on this game, one of my favorites of over 800 that I've tried, I give it a solid 9/10.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 11:45pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,617 posts

Oh....Well, I'll still join. Has The Arrow of Time been picked yet? I'll take it.

It matters not if someone else has chosen it. It only matters that you make the review yourself.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 11:47pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

379 posts

The game that I'm choosing to write a review on is: "Light People On Fire."

===========================================================

This game reminded me of games like Infectonator in the sense that all the figures and graphics in this game are poorly drawn and crude, yet even though the graphics aren't the best, it suits the game well. This game had also reminded me of Infectonator in the sense that when your character that is on fire touches other people they get "lit up" as well and die, and in Infectonator when your chosen zombies maul other people they become zombies.

Now on to the constructive criticism.

Pros:
1. Usually I disapprove of games that are black and white because I usually find them to be dreary and boring, not in this case though, I thought it was quite classic and added a touch of originality.

2. One of the best things about this game was the music! I loved how it goes from the screaming cries of the doomed (people lit on fire) to the calm and serene music when you turn into a tree. The sharp contrast in the settings and overall environment I found to be quite awesome.

Cons:

1. This game is way to short. I mean, it's only sixty seconds long, exactly! I would advise you to make a story mode seeing as how most games do have one, and that you've never seen some one complain because there was a story line, however you do see people complain about games that lack a story line.

2. I would suggest you do something sort of like "sandbox mode," I have to say that would be fun. Just going around and killing people by setting them on fire in a manner that is never-ending!

3. One seriously problem with this game is that it gets boring to fast. The reason that this game becomes boring quickly is because the whole game is black and white, there are no bonuses to obtain, the music and screaming is the same the whole game, there are no upgrades to obtain and you only repeat the same thing every 60 seconds, nothing new ever arises...

4. The "view high scores" button only brings you to another website that is titled: [url]http://ww5.rankz.armorbot.com/LightPeopleonFire/[/url] where it doesn't even show you your high score. I found that incredibly annoying.

5. This game would be better if there were upgrades, for example some okay upgrades would be; to move your flaming person faster, spawn more people more quickly, or yet another upgrade could be for the rain to be more effective and help you grow faster when you're in tree mode.

6. You could make the game so that it's the players choice of how long the match is instead of just sixty seconds.

All in all, 4/10 rating.

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 12:07am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,090 posts

I will sign up

two other merits the spam bot

and the armatar glitch.

with the way SFH 2 is looking, I may or not do that, I may do something else (like colony or civilization wars)

for now I will start on colony.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 1:28am

70_70_70

70_70_70

400 posts

@Gantic: I just came up with some Qs:

1. Is it possible for an user to change to change their registered game? In mah case is it ok for me to change PC PvP to other game?

2. When an user choose a game to comment, is it necessary to be a HIGH RATED game? or choose some low rated game, but for u it s gud so u rate higher than that standard?
If it s ok, I may change mine into steak and jake lah XD

@ImTheMostManlyMan: ur above comment for Heir seems cool XD

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 3:38am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

There isn't any deadline we need to have the review in for, no?

Posted Nov 16, '12 at 3:53am

xerox

xerox

512 posts

Ah :D Sorry, i get sometimes the words wrong, because I'm from non English speaking country, but i suppose i have no mistakes. When i see something underlined in red i fix it.